The Cocktail Lounge - two drink minimum, adults only

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: The Cocktail Lounge - two drink minimum, adults only

Postby Pedgerow » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:50 am

Feeling weird is the purpose of textures. Otherwise, they're just surfaces.

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:04 am

Pedgerow wrote:Feeling weird is the purpose of textures. Otherwise, they're just surfaces.

(Yeah, but like... different.)

I got some hard cider today for incredibly cheap (22 oz for <$5), and it's pretty good. I wonder why they priced it so low.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:41 am

I heard a while ago that Bacardi 8 Year rum was good*, so I'm sipping some now (mixed with a little water and ice; how much, I don't know, because my glass has a wide base and measuring is for people who have work the next day). I like it. I wish the store had more of that cider from my last post, though.

*From the Quora space Good Spirits. I've found some good liquors from there, but a lot of it is a bit pricey for my budget.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:56 am

Update from something I wrote in Things that are things: I found a cheaper coffee machine (more than the one I had, less than the other one I was looking at), and it seems to work pretty well. It's made to brew three cups at once. Another fun fact: drinking three cups of coffee in the morning has no more of an impact than one. So... that's a fun addiction to have.

I wasn't sure if I should bother posting this next bit on here, but I'm a bit drunk on various mixed cheap whiskey* drinks now and it's not like much else has been going on here in general so fuck it:

Last week, someone from the office at my work (HR? Something else? *shrug*) seemed overly concerned about the state of the cloth mask I was wearing a few weeks ago, and she gave me a new box of regular blue (non-medical) masks and said I could throw out one of the fabric ones that I regularly pour rubbing alcohol on and let dry (though they both look somewhat dirty). On the one hand, free masks are nice, but on the other, I'm not sure if she thinks I'm three infants in a trench coat now (which either is a remarkably recurring theme in my life, or else I'm too sensitive [for lack of a better word] about that sort of thing). I'm probably over-thinking it (*drunk me says*).

I'm listening to Hugh Laurie's first album, Let Them Talk, which I haven't heard in a long time but remember liking much more than his second.

*Cheap, though surprisingly good; Mellow Corn is the name, and it costs <$25 here, in case anyone was curious. It doesn't taste smoky; whether that's a good or bad thing is in the eye (tongue?) of the beholder I guess, but I like it.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:24 am

Facebook keeps trying to sell me a coffee machine. You accidentally click on one Breville ad and suddenly it's "Would you like to buy a coffee machine? How about this one, it's made by someone else. How about this one? How about this one I showed you four ads ago?" I have a coffee machine already thank you and it's called the wife. And she's better than your double espresso, machiato, foamy top (If I throw in enough words here I'll sound like I know what I'm saying.) coffee!

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:29 am

NathanLoiselle wrote:(If I throw in enough words here I'll sound like I know what I'm saying.) coffee!

I feel like that's at least 60% of people who consume milkshakes for adults fancy coffee drinks.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:03 pm

I like my coffee like I like my women. Cold and bitter.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Previous