The rant thread.

Discussion, in general

Re: The rant thread.

Postby Krashlia » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:37 am

On the 25th day of the 4th Month of the year 2022 of Our Lord,

El-Lon ibn-Musk (PBUH) went in unto the Great Temple of Twitter, and destroyed their 360 idols with his staff. Swinging his staff to the left he did brake idols to his left, and swinging his staff to the right he did brake idols to his right. And as he brake them he proclaimed unto them,

"The truth has come and falsehood vanished!”

Last edited by Krashlia on Tue May 03, 2022 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun May 01, 2022 9:48 pm

For an office supply store, the people at Staples are pretty clueless.

My mom's licenses for Photoshop and Illustrator expired, but she can get new copies through the school where she works. Problem: she only has 4 GB of RAM, and needs at least eight. I went online and saw that Staples was selling 8 gigs for a decent price. She was hoping to get it today, so I headed over to the closest store to buy it. After wandering through the store for a few minutes, I went to the customer service desk where three employees were hanging out, and this conversation happened:

Me: "Do you have any RAM here?"
Mr. Clueless: "What's that?"
Me: "...Memory..."
Mr. C.: "Where does it go?"
Me: "In a computer... inside the tower." *mimes the shape of a tower in case he still doesn't get it*
Mr. C.: confers with the others "Aisle 10."

After wandering around where I thought that should be since they only number the first few, I still couldn't find it. So I chased another employee out of her hiding spot and asked her.

Her: (after starting down Aisle 10) "You need a flash drive, right?"
Me: (facepalming internally) "No, I need RAM."
Her: "Oh! It's a green thing, right? Let me look that up."

They didn't have it, and neither did the other store by my house. So I had to order some online. It's just barely below the threshold for free shipping.

next-day edit: It was a completely different problem, and I didn't have to spend any money to fix it. Though I did get some compressed air today because the tower was really dusty inside.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Krashlia » Tue May 03, 2022 5:21 am

Okay, I've solved it. I've developed the female versions of Junior and Senior.
"Youngest" and "Eldest". It should be noted as Et. And Yt.

Jane Et.
Jane Yt.

Yes, bow to my genius. I identify as a trendsetter and wordsmith.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Tue May 03, 2022 11:46 pm

Apparently my apartment building has asbestos. So I have to disappear for four days in order for them to do their work. I have to live with my parents for four days. This is going to be torture. Torture, I tell ya!

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Wed May 04, 2022 10:49 pm

You're nice jbob, I'd have reacted with:

"You don't know what fucking RAM is? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "

but then again to be fair it does sound like a setup for a deez nuts joke.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby jbobsully11 » Fri May 06, 2022 12:14 am

iMURDAu wrote:You're nice jbob, I'd have reacted with:

"You don't know what fucking RAM is? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "

but then again to be fair it does sound like a setup for a deez nuts joke.

I figure if you work in retail, your life probably sucks enough without one more customer calling you an idiot (no matter how true it is this time). But I had to stop myself from short-circuiting and saying, "No. No, it's... no. Just... no, it isn't... How do... Why do you... no..." on an endless loop.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Sun May 08, 2022 4:03 am

Ah, damn, we didn't invade Canada before entering the Divided States of America Arc.

Okay, we can get the ball rolling. We just need, uh...
Quick! someone make abortion legal for all states above *this* line!

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Pedgerow » Sun May 08, 2022 3:07 pm

Krashlia wrote: all states above *this* line!

The Mason-Dixon Line?

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sun May 08, 2022 7:01 pm

Pedgerow wrote:
Krashlia wrote: all states above *this* line!

The Mason-Dixon Line?

The 49th Parallel.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Sun May 08, 2022 8:41 pm

It- Doesn't matter. The point is to create a vague balance of States that isn't explitely mentioned, creating tensions on representation that'll encourage more expansionist tendencies.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon May 09, 2022 3:55 pm

But there are no states above the 49th parallel. Well, except Alaska. And who doesn't want to wage war on Alaska?

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue May 10, 2022 12:20 am

*obligatory "54° 40' or fight" comment*

*is immediately stabbed in the eye with an ice pick*

I hit a curb a bit too hard My car got in a fight with a curb and lost on my way to lunch today, and the spare tire was a veritable pain in the ass to get out. At the end of the day, I had to drive three towns over to my mechanic to get a new (real) tire, but he won't have one until tomorrow.

next-day edit: I got my car back, and it cost less than I thought to fix (though it still wasn't cheap).

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:45 pm

The facts are pretty clear, and point to a sound conclusion.

1) Did Rittenhouse kill someone?
Yes. The Jury could not deny this fact, even if they wanted to, because this was all captured on camera and they could see it.

2) Was Rosenbaum the one killed?
Yes.

3) What was Rosenbaum doing before being killed?
First he was stationed behind a car, then he was chasing after Rittenhouse after appearing from behind the car he was standing by.

4) Did Rittenhouse note Rosenbaum was there before being chased by Rosenbaum? It appears Rittenhouse didn't notice Rosenbaum was there before being chased. Even if Rittenhouse did notice Rosenbaum, judging by the drone camera footage of Rittenhouse's behavior, Rittenhouse apparently thought nothing more of Rosenbaum's presence in the area.

5) Did Rittenhouse threaten Rosenbaum?
No.

6) Prior to the minutes of the shooting, Did Rittenhouse raise his gun towards Rosenbaum?
Also no.

7) Did Rosenbaum present a threat to Rittenhouse?
To begin with, its reasonable for any given person to interpret "someone chasing them" as "someone presenting a threat to them". Rittenhouse saw that Rosenbaum was chasing him, so its fair for Rittenhouse to interpret Rosenbaums actions as a threat.

Additionally, according to witnesses that night, Rosenbaum was acting beligerently, was involved in setting a dumpster on fire, and had made direct vocal threats to others including Rittenhouse.

Before shooting, Rittenhouse first fled Rosenbaum. Rittenhouse's initial reaction the reflects the behavior of someone being threatened.

8) Did Rittenhouse kill someone else, or a second person?
Yes. The jury could not deny or overlook this fact either, because it was caught on Camera and the jury could see it.

9) Was Anthony Huber the one killed?
Yes.

10) What was Rittenhouse doing prior to killing Huber?
Fleeing and stumbling to the ground

11) What was Huber doing before he was killed?
Attempting with a skateboard to strike Rittenhouse, who again was fleeing,

12) Did Huber present a threat to Rittenhouse?
Attempting to strike someone with a blunt object is by definition attempting to assault them. This is also a threat to life, as its not unheard of for someone to be killed by blows to the head with a skateboard. Nor is it hard to understand that a blow to the head with a skateboard could kill someone.

13) Did Rittenhouse shoot and injure someone? Yes. Once more, the jury couldn't deny this because it was seen on camera, and they could see it.

14) Was Gaige Grosskreutz the one who was shot and injured?
Yes. In fact, Grosskreutz came to court to witness as much, that Rittenhouse shot and injured him.

15) What was Grosskreutz doing before Rittenhouse shot and injured him? Grosskreutz had been running towards Rittenhouse, who was on the ground. Rittenhouse aimed at Grosskreutz, causing Grosskreutz to back away briefly, and Rittenhouse lowered his long gun. Then Grosskreutz decided to run towards Rittenhouse, with Grosskreutz weilding and aiming his own handgun at Rittenhouse.

This moment, that is the first time Grosskreutz backed away, taken all together, could be interpreted as a feint, or a deceptive movement.

16) Did Grosskreutz present a threat to Rittenhouse?
Raising and aiming ones firearm towards someones person is a threat in the minds of every reasonable person. In addition to that, Grosskreutz said in court that he had raised his firearm towards Rittenhouse.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:26 pm

Is Rittenhouse a member of Oathkeepers or is he, as Nathan purports, a member of Proud Boys? There's your ambiguity.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:29 pm

Even if he were either, thats irrelevant. He could've been chairman Mao or Hitler's childhood best friend. But what was seen on video couldn't be denied, and the reasons for the jury acquiting aren't based on mere reasonable doubt, but on proof that it was self defense.

No one has an obligation to tolerate physical threat.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext