Checking In /Still Alive

Discussion, in general

Re: Checking In /Still Alive

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:39 pm

cmsellers wrote:Welcome back, Asami. I also am an aspiring writer, though I've put that on hold while trying to deal with my depression.

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:And yeah, the only thing defunct around here is Bert's mom. Well, that and that weird ass tumblr phase.

Come again now? When did we ever go through a Tumblr phase?

A certain thread that shall not be mentioned, for the demons it has contained shall be set free to wreak havoc once more!

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Krashlia » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:31 am

...If it wasn't our s**tpost thread, it was politics.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Malfeasinator » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:13 am

AsamiSato wrote:Hello! So I highly doubt anyone remembers me, I used to post on Cracked a lot and came here a few times back in 2015... and wow that was a different time. Came here for nostalgia purposes expecting the board to be defunct so it warms my dry, shriveled heart that a pretty cool group of smart people are still hanging out here. :)

I've got a PhD now (sociology) and am lecturing (proudly non tenure track). Do people here still go on Cracked?

Congrats on the PhD!

I don't speak for anybody else, but I still read Cracked sometimes -- but it's more out of habit or just muscle memory of typing it in when I get bored. They dumped all the talent and it's just crap lately. I haven't been able to comment much either, since the comment section arbitrarily eats entries; it makes it hard to have a discussion there.

Seanbaby articles can still sometimes be found, and that's probably the only thing keeping them afloat.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:54 am

Jim is still alive, went on a great little pilgrimage.

Among other things I found a sculpture of my chosen saint in the British museum and also a statue of my favourite boxer in Hungary, and now I'm back with greater wisdom and a lot more stories.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Gendry » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:14 am

It's been a hot minute, but Gendry's still alive. Now that I've re-remembered that this site exists and is full of awesome people, I'll probably go back to my old habits of lurking and thumbing the occasional post. In personal news, I'm now off to college in a Midwest state that's slightly less rural and backwards than the Midwest state I call home, so I'm counting that as a win.

"Sin, young man, is when you treat people like things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
Gendry
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep
Title: King of the Andals

Postby Aquila89 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:23 am

Gendry reappears after a long absence. How fitting.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby LunarTeaHouse » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:51 am

Row, row, row your boat... :lol:

This is the most embarrassing piece of work since Clint Eastwood painted his wagon.
LunarTeaHouse
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Twistappel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:52 pm

Hi fellow humans who are also totally not robots. I haven't posted in forever. What's shaking?

You say "New World Order" "communist echo chamber" like it's a bad thing.

The TCSer formerly known as "Sister Morphine’
Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Failed the Turing Test

Postby JamishT » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:40 pm

Me in my boots!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:11 am

Meowdy!

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Piter Lauchy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:01 pm

Hey everyone.

I've overcome my fear of returning and was longing for some human connection with people I feel comfortable around, so here I am. It's not like I've made any personal progress in the meantime, so it'll be like I never left, for better or worse.

One thing that's new is that I now have a cat. His name is Berth (pronounced bear-t, full name is Bertholomäus Augustus Theodor vong Lauchenheim her), he was born on April 7th, he is the most precious thing in the universe and I love him and would die and possibly kill for him.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby cmsellers » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Piter Lauchy wrote:One thing that's new is that I now have a cat. His name is Berth (pronounced bear-t, full name is Bertholomäus Augustus Theodor vong Lauchenheim her), he was born on April 7th, he is the most precious thing in the universe and I love him and would die and possibly kill for him.

Well then, the great thing about having at cat is you know it will kill for you too.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby JamishT » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:24 am

cmsellers wrote:
Piter Lauchy wrote:One thing that's new is that I now have a cat. His name is Berth (pronounced bear-t, full name is Bertholomäus Augustus Theodor vong Lauchenheim her), he was born on April 7th, he is the most precious thing in the universe and I love him and would die and possibly kill for him.

Well then, the great thing about having at cat is you know it will kill for you too.

It will also eat you, if given the opportunity.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:10 am

JamishT wrote:It will also eat you, if given the opportunity.

As will any carnivorous animal if you died and it was trapped in your house with your body and no food. Anyway, even if it was true that a dog would starve rather than eat its owner's body, is that really a thought that brings you comfort?

I mean, sure it wouldn't be pleasant for whoever eventually finds the body, but if you've been dead for an extended period it's likely not to be pleasant anyway. At least they're less likely to also find a dead pet.

I know you're probably mostly joking and I'm taking it too seriously but this bugs me.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:31 pm

There are lots of cases of dogs eating their dead owners. Cats have an undeserved reputation for being alien when their behavior is not different than other animals.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

PreviousNext