Christmas Avatars!

Discussion, in general

Re: Christmas Avatars!

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:20 am

Paradox wrote:I'm too lazy. If some kind soul can photoshop a Santa hat on my gif, I'd be happy.

You could always use this little fella again, otherwise I'd try photo-shopping a santa hat but with my knowledge it wouldn't be a gif anymore.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Anglerphobe » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:13 pm

Ski1hzflip.jpg
Ski1hzflip.jpg (11.97 KiB) Viewed 7163 times

My wintry incarnation this year is Torstein Skjevla, as depicted in Skiing Birchlegs Crossing the Mountain with the Royal Child, a painting by Knud Bergslien depicting Torst and his companion Skjervald transporting the infant Haakon Haakonsson (a later King of Norway) on skis from Lillehammer to safety with the Birkenbeiner King Inge Bardsson (aka Inge II of Norway) at Christmas in the 13th century while evading the forces of the rival Bagler which was all badass and stuff.

This is the full painting:

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby Grimstone » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:57 am

The gif only has 3 unique frames in case anyone is feeling extra ambitious.

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby DoglovingJim » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:02 am

Grimstone wrote:
Spoiler: show

The gif only has 3 unique frames in case anyone is feeling extra ambitious.

I wish I knew how to make gifs otherwise I would have done it myself.

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Grimstone » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:39 am

For this I put 'santa hat' into a google image search, picked one(preferably with solid-color background), made the background transparent, resized it, and overlaid it on top of the gif. To animate it you would basically do the same thing(overlay the image of the santa hat with transparent background) but for each frame. That's the basic process, there are a lot of different programs and online tools to accomplish these steps(after affects, gimp, etc.) so you sorta just have to look around and pick one.

Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:39 am

Grimstone wrote:For this I put 'santa hat' into a google image search, picked one(preferably with solid-color background), made the background transparent, resized it, and overlaid it on top of the gif. To animate it you would basically do the same thing(overlay the image of the santa hat with transparent background) but for each frame. That's the basic process, there are a lot of different programs and online tools to accomplish these steps(after affects, gimp, etc.) so you sorta just have to look around and pick one.

How do you get the different frames going, viewing each frame? Can a generic laptop get it working with default programs?

DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Grimstone » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:41 am

DoglovingJim wrote:Can a generic laptop get it working with default programs?

You could use GIMP since it's free and open-source. First you would open up your santa hat image and go to layers->transparency->add alpha_channel then select the solid-color background using the wand tool and hit delete. Next, open the pickachu gif and copy/paste the santa hat then use the scale tool to resize the hat and copy it to the clipboard again. Now go to windows->dockable dialogs->layers, this is how you view the frames of the gif. Move the hat into place in the current frame and go to your layers windows where you will see a layer called 'floating selection(pasted layer) this is the image of the hat you pasted and to make it's position fixed in the current frame you need to right-click 'floating selection' in the layers window and select 'anchor layer' from the context menu. Rinse and repeat this process for each frame(select next frame in layers window, ctrl+v hat into frame, move into position, anchor) and then export it as a gif animation.

Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:39 pm

pokeballornament.jpg
pokeballornament.jpg (35.42 KiB) Viewed 7008 times

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Twelfth Night tonight, folks. Taking the decorations down.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby cmsellers » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:48 am

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and I already used the obvious green-and-red birds last year, so I decided to go this year with a green-and-red turaco. There are several appealing options (not included in that post: Fischer's turaco), but I ultimately went with the Rwenzori turaco because this picture was just too great not to use. And unlike the too-great-not-to-use picture I found last year, it doesn't involve avian copulation, so I can actually use it.

turaco_avatar.png
turaco_avatar.png (36.95 KiB) Viewed 6053 times

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:14 pm

I almost forgot

This year I am Sasha the Christmas Tiger.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:56 pm

I don't remember whether I entirely forgot last year, or just forgot to post it here.

Anyway, this year I am in custody

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Previous