Dear VG Diary~

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Re: Dear VG Diary~

Postby octoberpumpkin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:11 am

I am still at Chapter 3 of FFXV because open world game and sidequesting. I finally got a pink car~

Just got to Chapter 4 of Danganronpa. Chapter 3 was meh, there's some storytelling I have issues with. Regardless of those issues though...
Spoiler: show
Celeste's shoes are fabulous

Also got past Monstro in Kingdom Hearts

Played a bit of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Rescued some younglings

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:06 pm

octoberpumpkin wrote:
Played a bit of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Rescued some younglings

Oh man, you're finally playing my favorite JRPG since FFX. Enjoy the shit out of that game, just don't get frustrated if it starts slow. That's just how the game rolls, it'll pick up. I almost gave up on that game, then it just grabbed me a few hours in.

I've been playing a lot of Stellaris. The new expansion is great, it fixed a lot of my more niggling annoyances with the core game, and created new perks, paths, and species traits. It wasn't quite a complete overhaul, but pretty close.

I'm also close to playing Darkest Dungeon again now that they opened up the Steam Workshop mod content for it. I'm going to wait a bit for mods to get ratings and the bigger ones to get moved over, but I already got like...ten new classes I want to try out.

Still doing another run of Fire Emblem, too, and I lost interest in Rune Factory 4.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Doodle Dee. Snickers wrote:
octoberpumpkin wrote:

Oh man, you're finally playing my favorite JRPG since FFX. Enjoy the shit out of that game, just don't get frustrated if it starts slow. That's just how the game rolls, it'll pick up. I almost gave up on that game, then it just grabbed me a few hours in.

I've actually played both Trails of Cold Steel games and I ADORE them, and since considering like 2/3rd of the first game was build up for the second game (and maybe the upcoming third?) I am very familiar with the slow starts and totally okay with them :P

Also play Trails of Cold Steel if you haven't yet. SO GOOD

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Still working through my second playthrough of FE:A, very very slowly.

Started playing MGS:V, and fuck me if for all its breathless stupidity/randomness and occasionally overly frustrating level design, it's not one of the most fun games I've ever played.

Also have Horizon: Zero Dawn and RE7 being shipped in, since someone gave me an amazon gift card recently. I'm planning to pick up ME:A for the PS4, too.

Reason why is I've decided that any games that are likely to eat up a shit ton of time, I'm gonna get for my PS4 to cut down on my PC's power eating.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:52 pm

I've started a new Fallout 4 game (on Survival again) but with a ton of mods. Basically, the mods are there for extra content and to randomize things some. I'm also playing a completely different type of character. Instead of a VATS-heavy sneaky sniper, I'm going with a guns-blazing commando type.

Also, I'm going to be a straight-up murdering psychopath. I'm going to utilize the Nuka-World storyline to be king of the raiders.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Piter Lauchy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Played through the DLC of Fallout 4.

Far Harbor was great. I think Bethesda listened to the complaints that Fallout 4 was barely an RPG anymore because FH offered a few more choices per playing time than the base game and the dialog options were a bit more varied. There were also less "Go there and kill everything" quests.

I have mixed feelings about Nuka-World. At first, I really liked it because the Gauntlet was awesome and the whole thing had a very Borderlands-y feel to it. The different park sections were well thought out and offered great variety in enemies and gameplay. I didn't even mind all the collection sidequests because the conclusions/rewards for two out of three of them were very nice.
What bothered me was how you have to be kind of an evil dick in order to progress through the main quests. I'm playing a mostly good character, so I would've wished for more options. Lost Preston forever, but have his perk already and didn't plan on using him as a companion anymore anyway, so eh.
However, I got my revenge. After finishing the raider main quests, I fucking killed the bastards, even Gage (after getting his perk, of course). Still need to clear out the rest of the park, but the traders are free at least.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:58 pm

Piter Lauchy wrote:Played through the DLC of Fallout 4.

Ah, I've been going through a heavily modded version of Fallout 4 with hours of extra quests, new characters, a Sim City-esque building system for the settlements, and hookers and blackjack.

Actually, I'd been playing FF15. I got about 30 hours through it and decided I'd much rather be playing the remake of FF10, a game I've played a million times but like a million times better. Strangely, even though I got further through FF15 this time, I hated it even more the second time around, which is strange. I usually come around to games if I bother playing them again (Mount and Blade: Warband, Darkest Dungeon, and MGS5 come to mind). Then again, the last exception to that rule was FF13, so maybe it's a pattern.

But yeah, now I'm back on Fallout 4. Sweet mistress, why can't I quit you? Part of me even realizes that you're not that amazing a game.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Marcuse » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:52 pm

I actually never finished Nuka World. It just didn't grab me in the least.

On one hand I like the option for you to go insane and join a raider gang and just make the world a shittier place like apparently 70% of the population has decided to do. On the other, that doesn't have much depth, because the real attraction of raiders is that they destroy shit and live for the moment and take whatever they need when they need it. When you get to Nuka World you have everything you could possibly need anyway, so there's no feeling of being a raider at all. I'd appreciate a Fallout game where you get the chance to do this kind of thing at the start, and then either move on to something more constructive, or just go ball-out insane and carve an evil empire for yourself.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:15 am

I'm currently juggling Batman :The Telltale Series, Mass Effect, and Fallout 3.
I'm not the biggest fan of Cell Shading, but BTTS was on sale, and I've heard a lot of good things about it, so I thought I'd give it a try. This game is pretty great.

My current Shepard is a ruthless renegade racist turn paragon due to the events of ME3, She's an engineer and is dating Liara.

As for Fallout, I'm trying out the Operation Anchorage DLC. It's a real pain to get to, thanks to the subway mechanic. Seriously, you need to traverse like, five different tunnels, one of which misleads you and there's another one filled with Mirelurks. Seriously, gaves gives with Fallout 3 and its DLC? It's like accessing each one involves a pointless trial of endurance. With New Vegas and Four, You just fast travel and walk a bit, with one DLC in each having a scripted skirmish. But with Fallout 3, you have to swim a great length through irradiated water, traverse well into Maryland with no hope for a location to find and therefore save your progress, traverse the aforementioned tunnels, and face scripted enclave patrols? Fuck you, Bethesda!

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby KleinerKiller » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:41 am

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:As for Fallout, I'm trying out the Operation Anchorage DLC. It's a real pain to get to, thanks to the subway mechanic. Seriously, you need to traverse like, five different tunnels, one of which misleads you and there's another one filled with Mirelurks. Seriously, gaves gives with Fallout 3 and its DLC? It's like accessing each one involves a pointless trial of endurance. With New Vegas and Four, You just fast travel and walk a bit, with one DLC in each having a scripted skirmish. But with Fallout 3, you have to swim a great length through irradiated water, traverse well into Maryland with no hope for a location to find and therefore save your progress, traverse the aforementioned tunnels, and face scripted enclave patrols? Fuck you, Bethesda!

Operation Anchorage is the only F3 DLC that requires subway navigation to reach, and it should be a fairly short and standard subway to cross through -- never encountered Enclave patrols or false Mirelurk tunnels trying to get to it. All other DLC access points are above ground, clearly marked on the map after listening to their respective broadcasts, and accessible from the get-go with no "trials of endurance." So I've little idea what you're actually talking about.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Dear VG Diary:

I am a lax piece of crap. I barely played games at all last month. I've taken a break from Fire Emblem because of it being a major time sink. I'll sneak in some Smash on 3DS once in a while but the game I've played the most in the past month has been GTA V and I'll say that's been a whole two non-consecutive hours. I did purchase the Mega Man Legacy Collection for 3DS since it was on sale for $6 even though I already have all the individual games on the virtual console. Gives me a reason to play them again, :roll: like that's necessary, and I wanted to check out the challenges. The bonus artwork and complete OST for each game were worth the $6 imo. But I still need to finish Blaster Master Zero! There's another DLC character for it I need to download. Crap! Bye for now VG Diary, I hope to write again soon.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:26 pm

Playing Tyranny, made by Obsidian. I'm finding it about ten times better than Pillars of Eternity, personally. Might even do a review on it.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Grimstone » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:52 am

Doodle Dee. Snickers wrote:Playing Tyranny, made by Obsidian. I'm finding it about ten times better than Pillars of Eternity, personally. Might even do a review on it.

This has gotten me to take another go at PoE. I bought the game last year but never finished a playthrough of it.

Current party:
Main character: Castor the Cruel (fire godlike barbarian, max int/per for aoe and crits)
Mercenaries: Bogbreath (dwarven wizard, specializes in poison/miasma spells), Rimetongue (pale elf chanter, specializes in cold/frost)

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby KleinerKiller » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:10 pm

Blowing through Nier: Automata as fast as I can, because every time I pick it up I'm teased with more that makes me want to play it until long after midnight. It may easily be my GOTY if others forthcoming don't rise to this high bar.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:41 pm

KleinerKiller wrote:Blowing through Nier: Automata as fast as I can, because every time I pick it up I'm teased with more that makes me want to play it until long after midnight. It may easily be my GOTY if others forthcoming don't rise to this high bar.

I wanna play it too, but the Steam Summer Sale happened.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext