What you call guilty pleasure I call REGULAR pleasure

What do you listen to?

Re: What you call guilty pleasure I call REGULAR pleasure

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:04 pm

Now I don't feel as weird about the Melissa Etheridge kick I've been on the last few months. In particular, this song from her fourth album:

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:27 pm

I forgot how to set up Youtube videos as a button but that's okay because we all know that Siouxsie's version of Dear Prudence is the best version.

Last edited by jbobsully11 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It's the button on top that has "youtube" on it.
NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:22 pm

I'm really not proud of this one, but it's on the radio every day when I drive home from work, and I think it's catchy:

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Pedgerow » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:48 pm

I absolutely agree. You're utterly right. Dua Lipa is frequently very good. The worst bit in that song is the generic and talentless rapper who also utterly outdoes himself and isn't that bad.

Posting just to agree with you isn't very exciting, so here are a couple of links to easily the most embarrassing song by the greatest pop star in history, communist Hungary's Neoton Familia's Eva Csepregi. Most of their songs are not about communism at all as far as I know, and this song is from quite near the end of her solo career where she had abandoned all artistic integrity and was focused entirely on the corniest pop music imaginable, and even in this absolute nadir of music, it's still okay, really.

Here's a video of her singing ("singing") Clap Your Hands For Mikhail Gorbachev on what I presume is Dutch TV:

And here's the same song with better sound, if you want a superior listening experience:

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:11 am

I discovered a little while ago that if this song comes on while I'm driving by myself, I will sing along at the top of my lungs.

Shut up.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Previous