So, what are you watching?

What have you been watching?

Re: So, what are you watching?

Postby Krashlia » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:47 pm

Lady Koto, with her eye-liner, constantly has these widened eyes that make her look as if she has a perpetually amazed, surprised, frightened expression (which kinda makes sense, given that she's a rabbit).

Kid: I'm hungry, also wheres the priest?

Lady Koto: HI HUNGRY-ALSO-WHERES-THE-PRIEST, I'M TERRIFIED!

Its Kyousougiga

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:33 am

I started watching For All Mankind a little while ago (about what would’ve happened if the space race never ended), and I think it’s pretty good (in an interesting/sometimes disturbing way). I’m almost done with the first season.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:31 am

I started watching The Food That Built America on the History Channel. One of the people that talks on the candy episode looks remarkably like an older version of one of my coworkers, but I doubt they're related.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:15 am

I've been watching Forensic Files on Netflix because I am apparently old now.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby NathanLoiselle » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:58 pm

I've been watching these youtube "shows" where this girl tells you about some historic grisly murder while putting on makeup. It's right up my wife's alley so she loves it. I ... not so much.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed May 26, 2021 1:50 am

I saw the first two episodes of Solos on Sunday, and I thought it was pretty good. Here's the IMDb link.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Wed May 26, 2021 3:16 pm

I've not historically made much effort to follow the Marvel universe. I did watch both Guardians of the Galaxy films, which I was kind of lukewarm on, and I thought Deadpool might be funny but gave up on it ten minutes in. So I concluded it just wasn't really for me.

But, I kept seeing memes and things about Bucky Barnes, and he just piqued my interest. So I thought I'd have a go at that storyline, just casually, no strings attached, if I find it unappealing I don't even have to finish it.

I wasn't too interested in the rest of the Captain America/Avengers storyline, which I knew nothing of, but I knew that Bucky's superhero name is the Winter Soldier, so I got hold of Captain America: the Winter Soldier. Obviously, that would be the one in which he would be introduced.

Yes. Anyway.

Despite much confusion (about half an hour in I was so bamboozled that I looked up the outline of the plot and started the film over again) I really enjoyed it.

I was absolutely right that Bucky is the type of character who pushes my emotional buttons, but I'd expected that I could take the Captain himself or leave him and I was absolutely wrong about that. Steve Rogers is awesome and I love him, and also Falcon is pretty cool - he can fly. (Apparently the Falcon and the Winter Soldier have their own TV show which I currently intend to watch at some point.)

I've since skipped back to the start and watched Captain America: the First Avenger, which I also thoroughly enjoyed, and given that I already knew the Winter Soldier's identity I didn't really lose much by watching them out of order. I'm going to work my way through the the remainder of the storyline as fast as my DVD subscription service allows. I might even end up getting into the broader Marvel Universe a little; who knows?

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:10 am

My mom and aunt started watching Miracle Workers (Daniel Radcliffe's new current show). I couldn't get into it, personally. Has anyone else seen it?

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:15 pm

jbobsully11 wrote:My mom and aunt started watching Miracle Workers (Daniel Radcliffe's new show). I couldn't get into it, personally. Has anyone else seen it?

I watched the previous season, which was set in Medieval Times (Miracle Workers is an anthology series), and I found it quite enjoyable. I don't have live TV anymore, but I'm thinking about finding a way to watch this season anyway.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:10 am

Right now, I'm watching a rerun of Food: Fact or Fiction, and I'm about 99% sure Katie Willert from Cracked is on it (eating a breakfast burrito made with seaweed that allegedly tastes like bacon).

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Pedgerow » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:04 pm

The other regular woman from Cracked videos, whose name I forget now but might be Katy Stoll, has a small role in an episode of How I Met Your Mother. Ted goes on a date with her, but rejects her for some reason that I have also forgotten.

Anyway, the Olympics is on TV so I'm watching that! Yay, Olympics! I have heard great things about archery but never watched it before; it's meant to be surprisingly delightful to watch. It's very calm and sedate, probably ideal if you're hungover, but not quite the thrill-a-minute rollercoaster that more popular sports are.

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:42 pm

Something violent and bloody. I haven't decided yet but it's violent and bloody 'cause I just lost a cat today.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:09 pm

scrolls up three posts

Gosh, has it really been almost half a year since I started watching Marvel films?

Well, I've worked my way through the Captain America and Avengers sequences - just watched Endgame this evening.

I loved them all up to Infinity War and then spent the time between that and Endgame dreading the final instalment (while at the same time desperate to find out what happened.)

Between hints and semi-spoilers, and educated guesswork, I thought I could see roughly how the Infinity War situation was going to be resolved, and also how Steve Rogers' arc was going to be put to bed. (I was actually largely wrong about how it all went down but the overall result was about the same.)

spoiler only in the most general terms
Time paradoxes give me a headache.
And when writers take a perfectly good canonical sad story (I'm a sucker for sad stories) and undo it using time travel because people were sad about it, I hate it on so many levels.

I loved the ending of Endgame. It was a time travel plot, and as a final parting shot at causality they fixed a previously canonical tragedy that was touching and sweet and pushed my emotional buttons. But somehow, they did it in a way that didn't screw with my head. I wouldn't have believed it if you'd told me.

So yeah, I liked it a lot, quite unexpectedly. And having started this interested in one character only, I'm probably going to end up going through a large percentage of the MCU canon, because I love so many of them.

The Thor arc is definitely on the cards (MCU Thor is not what I imagined, but I like him a lot better than I imagined him), and probably Antman (Scott is adorable). Quite likely several others, and I'd previously said that I was interested in Iron Man but didn't like Tony Stark enough - but after Endgame somehow I'm invested in him as a character, so we'll probably end up with that as well.

I think I shall have to acquire the Captain America trilogy on DVD so I can rewatch them because I just love them. And obviously, watching The Falcon and the Winter Soldier goes without saying, but it looks like I'm going to have to temporarily acquire a Disney+ subscription if I want to watch that legally, since they are holding it hostage have no plans to release it on DVD.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby jbobsully11 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:35 pm

My brother got me all of Night Gallery on DVD for Christmas, so I've been watching it from the beginning (this time). I realize standards were lower when my mom was a teenager (when it was on TV), but it's still nowhere near as scary as I was led to believe.

EDIT: I also started watching a new show on ABC called Abbott Elementary, about an underfunded elementary school. I think it's pretty funny.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:19 pm

I saw Midnight Mass.
And It was good.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie