Florida police shoot man eating chicken in his own backyard

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Florida police shoot man eating chicken in his own backyard

Postby julyjack73 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:22 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 39291.html

For the record, they were able to safely apprehend the guy who ate someone's face

Julyjack, your comment was sunshine from a unicorn's butthole. - Popeshaggy
julyjack73
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: Sadly Grew Up

Re: Florida police shoot man eating chicken in his own backy

Postby sunglasses » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:12 pm

*sigh*

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Cobra-D » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:18 pm

Maybe he was afraid the guy would throw the chicken at him and thus ruining his figure.

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby Crimson847 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:11 pm

"Florida police shoot man eating chicken in his own backyard"

...Oh, "man eating chicken", not "man-eating chicken".

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:57 pm

“I never would have called the cops if I’d known this was going to happen”

Its not good any time somebody has to say those words in that order.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby D-LOGAN » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:28 pm

julyjack73 wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/florida-police-kill-man-while-he-was-eating-dinner-in-his-backyard-a7239291.html

For the record, they were able to safely apprehend the guy who ate someone's face

Ah come Jack, come on, were THEY the same cops here who brought in face-eater guy alive? Were they? Ah come on, cops aint the Borg. We don't know that if the face-eater cops were here it would have still gone the same way or visa versa. Ah come on J', .... ahc'mawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.

Anyway, as to the article ... I dunno, I mean look what it says here, after the cops were called to the house by the victim's sister over a fight he was having with his daughter (which had already been resolved by the time the cops arrived) his sister says-

“I never would have called the cops if I’d known this was going to happen,”
“They just came in and started shooting right away.”

But according to the guy's nephew-

Officers ordered Frazier to get on the ground, to which he responded, “Leave me alone,” according to his nephew Quartaze Woodard. When order to the ground once more, Frazier gave them the same response. Police then opened fire, according to Mr Woodard.

And then the article also says-

Ms Frazier told dispatchers that her brother had been holding a knife – a small pocket knife she said he always carried – but it remains unclear whether or not Frazier was holding the knife when police were on the scene.

So which is it? Did the cops just show up and start blasting away without warning? Did they show up, ask him to surrender and after he refused just opened fire on him? Did he come at them with the knife? Did he threaten them with the knife? Did he just happen to have a knife on him, which the cops didn't notice at first and when they did, did they panic and shoot? Were they under the impression he had a knife and shot first without giving him a chance?

I don't know, but I know that I don't know. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to wait to hear more on this one me aul buckaroos.

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby Grimstone » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:57 pm

julyjack73 wrote:For the record, they were able to safely apprehend the guy who ate someone's face

Reminds me of this:

They even bought the kid a hamburger because he was hungry.

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby D-LOGAN » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:16 pm

To be fair white supremacist mass killers aren't the only ones given the aul bullet-proof vest treatment, remember Lee Boyd Malvo, the Washington Sniper-

Jack Ruby kinda spoiled the authorities' trust in the public not killing infamous criminals. WAY TO RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE JACK!!!

Also about the burger thingy that folks kept bringing up, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell as Snopes says-

However, the explanation for the Burger King detail in the story involving Dylann Roof could stem from laws pertaining to the rights of a prisoner in custody. A post-arrest rights violation checklist published on FindLaw details circumstances under which an individual could later claim their rights were violated, one of which is a withholding of food:
A criminal suspect is entitled to humane treatment, no matter how heinous the alleged crime. If you were not treated humanely, for instance if you were deprived of food and water or if you were beaten either during police questioning or while in a holding cell, your rights may have been violated.

The web site of a criminal lawyer practicing in South Carolina addressed conditions under which a confession or other information gathered during the questioning of a suspect could later be deemed inadmissible due to possible coercion, which also included a scenario in which food was denied

So they do kinda have to give the kid something to eat if he's hungry ... or you know, might end up being problems with the convictions and whatnot.

And as for his snack being from a certain royal purveyor of burgers-

Dylann Roof was apprehended between 10 and 11 AM on 18 June 2015, and the circumstances under which he was provided with food from Burger King prior to his arraignment were not entirely clear. At the time of Roof's arrest, the Charleston shooting was a worldwide headline and the case had already escalated to the level of a major news story.

One could speculate that Roof's status (pending interrogation by federal agents) put him outside the facility's standard process for providing food to inmates or suspects, or that Roof was indeed handled in a manner atypical from that of most arrestees, or that local police employed an abundance of caution with a very high-profile suspect to avoid his later making claims of mistreatment or denial of rights.

Regardless of all the straightforward reasons why police would provide food to a suspect in their custody, the plain explanation is that Roof hadn't eaten in days, and the Shelby PD didn't have the facilities to house him and provide him with meals while waiting for federal and Charleston authorities to arrive, so they had to dispatch someone to a nearby business to pick up some food for him

So ... they're kinda damned if they do and damned if they don't. You ask me they shoulda just gone to McDonalds.

D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Grimstone » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:29 pm

D-LOGAN wrote:So they do kinda have to give the kid something to eat if he's hungry ... or you know, might end up being problems with the convictions and whatnot.

I don't think that they shouldn't have fed him, that'd just be silly.. but a burger from a fast food joint sounds like better and more expensive treatment than necessary.

Edit: I don't think Malvo was arrested during/at the scene of a crime which is a key detail in these comparisons(Neither was the picture of Dylan in the vest now that I think about it).

Last edited by Grimstone on Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby D-LOGAN » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:42 pm

Grimstone wrote:I don't think that they shouldn't have fed him, that'd just be silly.. but a burger from a fast food joint sounds like better and more expensive treatment than necessary.

And as Snopes says it was late when they apprehended him, he was a major security risk and of a high profile nature they were not used to dealing with and given that they didn't have the facilities to house him and provide him with meals while waiting for federal authorities to come take him away, in the way they would if he was just some purse snatcher, and given they had to give him SOMETHING, giving an officer a few quid to pop over to a nearby fast food joint (which just happened to be Burger King) to pick him up a bite strikes me a very quick, easy and inexpensive solution.

Are we really saying if it was Malvo they wouldn't have done the same thing because Malvo's black?

Are American Burger King burgers such elixirs of expensive deliciousness that only white mass killers are allowed have them, whereas the black ones in the same situation have to ... what .... get someone to cook them up a meal in the kitchen? Is that worse?

D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Grimstone » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:58 pm

D-LOGAN wrote:Are we really saying if it was Malvo they wouldn't have done the same thing because Malvo's black?

Malvo? I don't know, but I do believe there exists a real/significant chance of receiving worse treatment because of skin color.

Are American Burger King burgers such elixirs of expensive deliciousness that only white mass killers are allowed have them, whereas the black ones in the same situation have to ... what .... get someone to cook them up a meal in the kitchen? Is that worse?

I'm just sayin'.. why go out and buy him a burger which is much more expensive and delicious than bread/water they probably had on hand.

Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:02 pm

God dammit!

This is horrifying, and yet it's so fucking common that my first reaction is to ask myself which tasteless joke to go with.

for the record
I'm severely disappointed by the lack of anthropophagic poultry in this article.

And yet, when the same police officer was confronted by a man-eating chicken in his own back yard, he dropped his gun and fled in a panic, leaving his family and several dozen guests to be pecked off one-by-one.

Well, at least he got to die combining a black man's two favorite hobbies: eating chicken and getting shot by police.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby D-LOGAN » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:19 pm

Edit: I don't think Malvo was arrested during/at the scene of a crime which is a key detail in these comparisons(Neither was the picture of Dylan in the vest now that I think about it).

Irregardless, you are indeed quite right but let's just play this train of thought out anyway for the heck of it- Malvo wasn't arrested at the scene of their murders (although given they were snipers that'd be awkward to do- where would the scene be? With them or over at the victim? Ship of Theseus over here!)
He and his partner in crime John Allen Muhammed were arrested in their car after a tip off, after which all roads were blocked off and they were apprehended by a SWAT team, in which neither were harmed.

BUT, if you really got your heart set on a black mass shooter, WHO was arrested at the scene of his killings, AND was both taken alive and given a bullet proof vest, then don't worry I got ya covered baby.

Look no further than Colin Ferguson, a virulently anti-white racist who opened fire in a train in New York that killed six people- 5 whites and one Asian (presumably his Asian victim was just caught in the cross-fire as I can't find any evidence of him saying he hated Asians and wanted to kill them as he did with whites, but hey, maybe he hated them too and just wasn't as chatty about it), and was arrested right next to the corpses of his victims

Boo-Yeah! And that's how it's done! ...Finding evidence to disprove Mr. McKesson's assertion that being given a bullet-proof vest after killing a bunch of people is whiteness in action that is ... I oppose what Mr. Ferguson did of course.

*clears throat*

Grimstone wrote:
D-LOGAN wrote:Are we really saying if it was Malvo they wouldn't have done the same thing because Malvo's black?

Malvo? I don't know, but I do believe there exists a real/significant chance of receiving worse treatment because of skin color.

And with all due respect, and I mean that, I'm not taking your personal belief that they would have treated Malvo worse than Roof simply because Malvo was black. I have a hard time believing any of them were thinking in any form "Well ... he did murder a bunch of people, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut he is white ... so let's treat him nicer than we would a black mass killer"
Even subconsciously.
I just do. Call me naive, but those cops are real live people and if I'm gonna think THAT bad of them right of the bat, without knowing them, I'll need more than ... what right now ammounts to, they're cops, they treat white mass-shooters better than black ones because they do.

I'm just sayin'.. why go out and buy him a burger which is much more expensive and delicious than bread/water they probably had on hand.

I'm assuming in this day and age they don't give any prisoner right in the door, who hasn't commited any infractions in the facility, just bread and water, even mass-killers like Malvo and Roof. Do you have ANYTHING, anything at all that would give me a reason to think otherwise? I see no reason grabbing a quick burger is some kind of special treat only the white mass killers in situations like are afforded. Or any reason to think they wouldn't have done the same for Malvo in the same situation.

Give me a reason to think otherwise other than 'they're cops' and then we'll talk.

D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:28 pm

D-LOGAN wrote:Irregardless

*twitch*

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby D-LOGAN » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:29 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's literally why I did that!!!!!!!

D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Next