Self-knowledge quiz

Discussion, in general

Self-knowledge quiz

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:37 am

This is a quiz which is supposed to tell you your three major personality traits.

A lot of websites which have personality quizzes are garbage, but I enjoy this website a lot. They have a lot of insightful articles.

My results were aggression, sensitivity, and exhibitionism. By sensitivity they mean appreciation of things like art, not emotional fragility, although both of those traits apply to me. I don't feel like I'm an exhibitionist. My natural tendency is to keep to myself. I do enjoy showing off sometimes though. A lot of artists complain that they hate it when people watch them paint, but I like it.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Re: Self-knowledge quiz

Postby DashaBlade » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:59 am

I got tenderness, independence, and playfulness. Tenderness, from the description, could probably have been better called "empathy" because it's all about being sensitive to what other people are feeling, and not what I tend to associate with the word "tenderness" which would be dewy-eyed and soft-hearted.

The other ones are pretty self-explanatory: I like a good laugh, and I'm weird. ;P

DashaBlade
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cat Lady

Postby cmsellers » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:52 am

rationality
You like clarity and intelligent simplicity and you get frustrated at messy thinking. This can make you seem unreasonably pushy to some, but it is actually a virtue: you are motivated by a horror at pointless effort and a longing for precision and insight into how things and people work. Your ability to synthesise and bring order is essential in producing thinking which is truly helpful.

independence
You don’t set out to be different for its own sake; you are more easily guided by what interests and moves you. You are more concerned about what is right for you than about the pressure to fit in. In sex you are more aware than others of impulses which are not entirely conventional. You know the value of selective irresponsibility, of forgetting occasionally about being ‘good’.

shyness
Part of you is gripped by the fear that you’ll launch into something and completely mess it up. The upside of this is wise caution: people are indeed often too rash, whereas you know, by instinct, that holding back can save you. Probably, you feel shame and self-disgust a bit too much. But when you do feel in your element, you act with a wisdom and sensitivity never found in people with thicker skins.

All of these qualities are plausible. I'm not particularly rational compared to avi, but compared to most people I likely am. Independence in the sense of occasionally irresponsible non-conformity and shyness are definitely true of me. On the other hand, psychological test answers are famously written so that any answer will sound good to almost any person. But in saying that, am I reinforcing the rationality point?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby pikajew » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:03 am

I got tenderness, orderliness, and resilience.

All of them describe me pretty well, but orderliness really defines me the best. Other people's sloppiness irritates me and my need for order can get out of control when it isn't focused (evidenced by the snapchat from my friend coming over to my house while I was still at work and finding every item of cookware that I own on my counter, covered in steel cleaner. I am now pikajew the coke cleaning kingpin.)

pikajew
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Darth

Postby Sparrow » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:11 am

I got reverence, independence and shyness.

"The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. To love another person is to see the face of God." - Victor Hugo

There was Sparrow the literati,
Who was really quite a hottie.
He left us beguiled,
Whenever he smiled,
And was only a little bit naughty
Sparrow
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Bane of Mice

Postby KleinerKiller » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:23 am

Rationality, shyness, and playfulness. Sounds about right.

The relationship question tripped me up, because I put equal stock in almost all of the listed traits, but I ended up picking communication, being myself, and having fun together. Which match up perfectly with my respective results, now that I look at them. Huh.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby cmsellers » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:27 am

pikajew wrote:orderliness really defines me the best. Other people's sloppiness irritates me and my need for order can get out of control when it isn't focused

You would hate me if we ever met in person.

KleinerKiller wrote:The relationship question tripped me up, because I put equal stock in almost all of the listed traits, but I ended up picking communication, being myself, and having fun together.

Those were exactly the three traits I picked too.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:37 am

I took the quiz again and this time I got rationality, independence, and aggression. The only trait I got twice was aggression, and that's not much of a surprise.

One part of your character is anger in all its forms: frustration, outrage – and when anger is suppressed – bitterness, grumpiness, and bodily aches. Fundamentally, frustration comes from hope: you get upset because you expect your life will be more than a valley of tears. One way to deny aggression is to direct it inwards, as self-criticism. But you’re at your best when you acknowledge anger, and act it out clearly and in a focussed way, with honour.

Yeah it's true I do expect life to be more than a valley of tears. It's my right as an American to expect things which can't happen.

Anyway I think the reason I got exhibitionism before is because I'm worried what people think about me. I want people to say good things about me. That's not really exhibitionism though, if anything it's the opposite.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Australia » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:11 am

Did anyone else get incompetent, corrupt and homicidal?
CLouDy.png
CLouDy.png (363.34 KiB) Viewed 5924 times

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby JamishT » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:33 am

cmsellers wrote:
KleinerKiller wrote:The relationship question tripped me up, because I put equal stock in almost all of the listed traits, but I ended up picking communication, being myself, and having fun together.

Hey me too!

My results are Rationality, Shyness, and Sensitivity. That works for me!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:27 am

I got independence, shyness, and aggression. I could've picked a few different combinations for the relationship question (and I felt that some options implied others), and I didn't really like any of the choices for one of the pictures. Other than that, I thought this was interesting.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby AboveGL » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:41 am

JamishT wrote:
cmsellers wrote:

Hey me too!

Me three!

Well, I got these traits. I guess they sort of make sense for me? I'm tempted to take the test again on my lunch break and see if some of the art sparks entirely different reactions from me and how that affects my results.

RATIONALITY
You like clarity and intelligent simplicity and you get frustrated at messy thinking. This can make you seem unreasonably pushy to some, but it is actually a virtue: you are motivated by a horror at pointless effort and a longing for precision and insight into how things and people work. Your ability to synthesise and bring order is essential in producing thinking which is truly helpful.

REVERENCE
One part of you dreams of giving yourself up – perhaps just for a while – to a hero or mentor. In the right circumstances you can flourish by letting go of your ego. In your inner life, reverence plays out as a willing submission to your own conscience. In the outside world, you might get frustrated searching for something worth believing in – a country, a person, a company – but you will always be open to feeling respect, admiration and wonder.

INDEPENDENCE
You don’t set out to be different for its own sake; you are more easily guided by what interests and moves you. You are more concerned about what is right for you than about the pressure to fit in. In sex you are more aware than others of impulses which are not entirely conventional. You know the value of selective irresponsibility, of forgetting occasionally about being ‘good’.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Marcuse » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:42 am

I got rationality, shyness and playfulness. Clearly I'm insane.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby 52xMax » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:35 am

I got rationality, reverence, and orderliness.

The thing is, I'm okay with the first one, obviously, and I guess even though I'm a bit of a mess I tend to prefer order over chaos, at least in theory... but reverence? Ever since I remember I've had problems dealing with authority figures, even those (especially those) I tend to admire and respect. Even the concept of submission of one's own conscience sounds false to my personality.

I might get a redo too, just to see how I could've gotten to these results.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby 52xMax » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:51 am

AboveGL wrote:
JamishT wrote:
cmsellers wrote:
KleinerKiller wrote: but I ended up picking communication, being myself, and having fun together.

Hey me too!

Me three!

Me four... Should we all go on a fourway date? ;)

The funny thing is, I didn't read the instructions first so I thought we could only pick one, and I was having a lot of trouble deciding between just those three options, and once I realized it was multiple choice, it became an instant answer.

Sparrow wrote:I got reverence, independence and shyness.

Aren't the first two short of in direct opposition?

So I took the test again and this time I got ambition, rationality and playfulness. This seems more in tune with my personality, but there's a lot of self analysis too, so take it with a grain of salt.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Next