Out of Context

Out of Context

Postby Matthew Notch » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:40 pm

This is a thread to have discussions with other Enclosure players without staying in character. For questions relating to the game, please visit the ReadMe thread. General announcements relating to the game will be posted here as well.

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Re: Out of Context

Postby Matthew Notch » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:48 pm

I NEED VOLUNTEERS

This is a pretty intense game to GM. There aren't a lot of players, comparatively, but actions occur in real-time, and therefore can't really be effectively served by only one person. Therefore, I am asking for help from a few volunteers to serve as local subGMs. Volunteers must:

1. Have a Gmail account and be able to access Google docs
2. Be able to put in a set amount of time updating stats, player locations in the Enclosure, and determining stat rewards earned in the daytime, as well as answering questions regarding the game to any users who may ask.
3. Be willing to forego playing the game actively in exchange for providing other users with an exceptional forum game experience.
4. Not suck. If you suck I will not accept your application.

Volunteer by PM with "Sub-GM" as your subject line. Send it over to me, JugularNotch, and I'll let you know if we're good to go. I'll also help you with any questions you might have if you encounter some that you can't answer throughout the game. My PMs are tied into my email which alerts my phone, so I can be ready to help you most times throughout the day.

Thanks a lot guys!

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Overlord Moo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:32 am

Message to all warriors

Greetings brothers! Being a High Sorcerer (shut up I am!) I have discovered a way for all of us to communicate telepathically. I call it "Google Docs." The name needs work, I know, but you try to come up with a name on short notice. If you want this ability, send me a "Private Message" and I'll grant you this mystical ability.

6:54 Bert: Moo is so cool he wishes he could be someone else just so he could better understand what it is like to live in a world with Overlord Moo in it
9:46:06 PM GG If Moo goes oh my I know it means bad
<Strant> wig+wonderbra+Strant=Deeno
Overlord Moo
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Stolen Thunder

Postby Matthew Notch » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:23 pm

Wanted to mention that I was TECHNICALLY supposed to update the Warriors game about five hours ago. I was so tired guys, I'm sorry. New updates on the Stat board, map, and In the Enclosure.

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Matthew Notch » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:25 am

New updates on the stat board including an unlocked ability for sunglasses, and the map has been updated once again as well.

Time for Dreamers again! Thirty hours, good luck.

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:23 pm

Do any other Dreamers want to volunteer to be pranked in some way by Alf and the other four Als?

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Matthew Notch » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:55 am

By the way Dreamers, check your inboxes if you haven't done so yet. I'm giving this phase until about 8 AM tomorrow my time, which is exactly twelve hours from now. Good luck!

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby malosaires » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:11 am

Please indicate the start of the Dreamer phase in the Dreamer thread as well.

I've got a tumblr where I write about stuff, some of which is also on this site. I've also got a few videos you might wanna check out.
malosaires
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Pre-Futurist

Postby Matthew Notch » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Dice codes:

Unarmed:
Code: Select all
[dice]1d4[/dice]

add one HP damage for every Skill point, and one for every Grace stat.

Sword-type:
[dice]1d8[/dice]

add one HP damage for every Skill point.

Bow-type:
[dice]1d4[/dice]

BUT! Add one die for every skill point you have. So, if you have two skill points, the code would be this:
[dice]2d4[/dice]

Dig? And you can split your attacks different ways in that case, if you want. Click "Select All" on the windows to just copy-paste the code if you need.

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Matthew Notch » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:57 am

New map including spaces where monsters have spawned. Dreamers is on now; thanks to all the Warriors for playing.

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Matthew Notch » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:01 am

Hey all, so no, you aren't nuts. The Dreamers phase has ended up going an extra 24 hours due to unforeseen work issues. Hang in there, and we'll switch it up in about twelve hours.

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Kate » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:34 am

Hey there Notch, sorry to bug you, but should my mobility and resilience be different, and should I have a +4 for hand to hand, and another skill point? I'm going to assign my last two points to courage anyway so it's probably going to change a bit maybe?

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=944#p45109

ETA: Fill 'er up! *dances*

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby Matthew Notch » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:49 pm

If it isn't apparent, I don't think I can get this game back on track until I get myself in some sort of rhythm again. Changing jobs, then changing jobs again, getting sick, the new year, etc. etc. has all just sort of wrecked my ability to accomplish anything. So it is that I haven't done the last podcast (though I have other personal reasons for that), and Enclosure is still waiting to be updated. Well I'm going to give it a whole year to try and get all straightened out. If anyone's still up for a game after that time, great! If not that's fine. But truthfully this was to be the last thing I'd really do on the forum for a long time.

I just need to get away and get my priorities straight. I've talked to a few of you about it, but the time for it is very overdue. So we'll see what happens in a year, though I'll probably see you all before then.

The greatest luxury I can imagine has been, not just knowing you all, but calling you friends, laughing, sometimes crying, sometimes both, with you. I've seen your faces and heard your voices and you are all more real to me than I am sometimes, and I'll never forget you because I'll never be able to.

<3

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:58 pm

{{{Notch}}}

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama