The Gifted and the Dreamers of Dreams

Re: The Gifted and the Dreamers of Dreams

Postby 52xMax » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:38 am

Sign me up for this one then. I'll come back later with my character's name and all that.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby Sheepman » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:55 am

Leonard, career janitor.

sunglasses wrote:Additionally, I'd like to add that I don't recommend leaving small children alone with Aviel. They may come back crying after being shown the odds that they were going to die horribly in the next 70 years.

I'm not trapped in here with you. You're trapped in here with me.
Sheepman
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: God'); DROP TABLE Students;--

Postby Matthew Notch » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:12 pm

All right! I better cut off signups for this game here. We now have 13, including a new guy (welcome Morton) and I will still need two more people to sign up for Warriors, and then we can think about starting!

ALSO!

I NEED VOLUNTEERS

This is a pretty intense game to GM. There aren't a lot of players, comparatively, but actions occur in real-time, and therefore can't really be effectively served by only one person. Strant has graciously agreed to assist me (BIG hand for him), but I would like to get one or preferably two MORE people on my side for this. Therefore, I am asking for help from a few volunteers. Volunteers must:

1. Have a Gmail account and be able to access Google docs
2. Be able to put in a set amount of time updating stats, player locations in the Enclosure, and determining stat rewards earned in the daytime, as well as answering questions regarding the game to any users who may ask.
3. Be willing to forego playing the game actively in exchange for providing other users with an exceptional forum game experience.
4. Not suck. If you suck I will not accept your application.

Volunteer by PM with "Sub-GM" as your subject line. Send it over to me, JugularNotch, and I'll let you know if we're good to go. I'll also help you with any questions you might have if you encounter some that you can't answer throughout the game. My PMs are tied into my email which alerts my phone, so I can be ready to help you most times throughout the day.

Thanks a lot guys!

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby CarrieVS » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:34 pm

That reminds me, I should post on Bellona sometime. It's well overdue for a map change.

I'd love to help but I don't think I can commit the time.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Matthew Notch » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:57 pm

That's okay, you're playing anyway! I'll sort it out. Don't forget to come up with characters... we can't start until you do!

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby NudgeNudge » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:46 pm

So you can volunteer for helping even if you're playing the game? Cause if that's true, I totally volunteer.

NudgeNudge
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby 52xMax » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:28 am

I don't think you're able to do that, Nudge (look up #3). This is for non-players.

Also, I'll be Alejandro Guerrero, a firefighter.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby Sheepman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:07 am

52xMax wrote:I don't think you're able to do that, Nudge (look up #3). This is for non-players.

See, I translated that as meaning that it is specifically for players, but that they should expect to spend more time helping run the game and less time actually playing the game.

We'll have to wait on Notch to let us know, though.

sunglasses wrote:Additionally, I'd like to add that I don't recommend leaving small children alone with Aviel. They may come back crying after being shown the odds that they were going to die horribly in the next 70 years.

I'm not trapped in here with you. You're trapped in here with me.
Sheepman
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: God'); DROP TABLE Students;--

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:41 am

I'm Alfred Wessex, who doesn't have an occupation because he's ten.

People often call him Alfie, but he hates that. He calls himself Alf. He has three older brothers, who couldn't exactly be said to terrorise the neighbourhood, but certainly manage to be the dominant force amongst the local kids. They're very protective of Alf, who is the youngest and also the frailest. He has a heart condition which means he can't keep up with the others in any of their active pursuits, so instead he invents wild schemes and games, and is frequently to be found somewhere in the vicinity of whatever mischief the older Wessex boys are currently up to, watching the fruits of his ideas. Since he's often not able to do, he's a reader and a watcher and a dreamer.

He occasionally lets slip the existence of a family secret, though no questioning has yet induced him or any of his brothers to divulge what it is.

Bonus point if you figure out the reference. Bonus bonus point (honour system applies) if you don't use Google. Not you, Alby, 'cause I've told you about essentially this before.

[EDIT: he actually has four brothers, not three. I mistook something in the source material.]

Last edited by CarrieVS on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby LaoWai » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:14 pm

CarrieVS wrote:I'm Alfred Wessex, who doesn't have an occupation because he's ten.

People often call him Alfie, but he hates that. He calls himself Alf. He has three older brothers, who couldn't exactly be said to terrorise the neighbourhood, but certainly manage to be the dominant force amongst the local kids. They're very protective of Alf, who is the youngest and also the frailest. He has a heart condition which means he can't keep up with the others in any of their active pursuits, so instead he invents wild schemes and games, and is frequently to be found somewhere in the vicinity of whatever mischief the older Wessex boys are currently up to, watching the fruits of his ideas. Since he's often not able to do, he's a reader and a watcher and a dreamer.

He occasionally lets slip the existence of a family secret, though no questioning has yet induced him or any of his brothers to divulge what it is.

Bonus point if you figure out the reference. Bonus bonus point (honour system applies) if you don't use Google. Not you, Alby, 'cause I've told you about essentially this before.

It sounds a bit like Oskar from The Tin Drum (and Amsel from Dog Years) and a bit like what's-his-name from Guards! Guards!, but I'm guessing you've got a more specific reference in mind, since none of them fits the bill perfectly.

It's always in the last place you look for it, unless you're the kind of person who keeps looking for it after you've found it.
LaoWai
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 美国的白痴

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:19 pm

Nope. Way out. (When you say what's-his-name, do you mean Lupine Wonse?)

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby JamesT » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:39 pm

CarrieVS wrote:I'm Alfred Wessex, who doesn't have an occupation because he's ten.

ALF is back! in pog form!

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby Matthew Notch » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Is it sad that that quote is the first thing that comes to mind whenever Alf is mentioned?

As far as co-GMs, it's better if they aren't playing. I think Strant and I can scrape by, just the two of us, but if anyone's lurking the thread it would be nice to have them help out in that capacity.

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:01 pm

JamesT wrote:ALF is back! in pog form!

So far everyone is barking up entirely the wrong tree.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby CleverDick » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:36 pm

*looks around*
Characters. Right.

Dave Anders. Former music teacher until he exploded at his students in a profanity-laced rant. Currently a non-professional stay-at-home consumer of New Media.

Spoiler: show
He surfs the net at home

Ashtherion wrote:We're not worse at drinking, we're just better at being intoxicated, so we don't have to spend so much on beer.
Suck our tiny economical dicks, white people.
CleverDick
Dr. Jan Itor
Dr. Jan Itor

Show rep
Title: Dozenare

PreviousNext