The Gifted and the Dreamers of Dreams

The Gifted and the Dreamers of Dreams

Postby Matthew Notch » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:12 am

Enclosure is coming.

Enclosure is made up of two different games running simultaneously. This game is very narrative-based, and somewhat open-ended. There is a specific goal, and the ultimate destiny of all the characters has been determined, but specific details only emerge over time. However, you'll soon find that your fate is interwoven with the other characters in this world—and possibly with more than that. All I need from you, at this time, is a character name and occupation. The era is modern-day, and the city is large enough that no one knows each other just yet. There is no map here, only your imagination to guide you in your quest. Please note that you cannot play this game if you already have a character in this game.

Good luck!

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Re: The Gifted and the Dreamers of Dreams

Postby Matthew Notch » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:24 am

One more thing: as details are revealed over the course of the overarching story, they will be logged in a separate "Read Me" thread. I'm looking for great RPers for this one! Let's see what you got.

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby WaitYAmIHere » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:20 am

Dammit Notch. It's like you somehow know I have a weakness for cool names. I was gonna swear off forum games. I really was. Especially after I learned that they had a the bizarre ability to make me disappear. But Nooooo. You had to go make something that looks awesome and drag me back in. Well, fine. Have it your way. I'm in.

Mr. Ryan Carlyle the 5th grade school teacher at your service.

Wait... How did I get back here?
WaitYAmIHere
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: An imagination of a figment

Postby Psychosassic » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Shoot. I'm not sure how much time I'll have for playing, but this looks intriguing.

You know what, count me in. Alice MacNamara, librarian.

Everything else courtesy of Psychosassic Enterprises and the cooperation of Viewers Like You.
Psychosassic
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Secretly Living in Your Home

Postby julyjack73 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:08 pm

I'm in. I'll be Russel Copperfield, third cousin once removed of the famous magician David Copperfield. Also a stage magician, but nowhere near as good.

Also, curse you for only letting us sign up for one.

Last edited by julyjack73 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julyjack, your comment was sunshine from a unicorn's butthole. - Popeshaggy
julyjack73
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: Sadly Grew Up

Postby 52xMax » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:53 am

I'm so torn. I want to play both games. This one I think I'm more suited for, and I have even thought if just the right modern-day character... but warriors and weapons and stats sounds like the kind of RPG I've always wanted to play ever since I found out what D&D was all about. I'm not sure I'll have the time necessary for either one, but this one certainly looks like it's encouraging larger posts.

What to do?

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby LaoWai » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:10 pm

Okay, I'm game. Lawrence Olivi-lay, professional lepidopterist by day, amateur gigolo by night.

[Edit: Lawrence's back story is mostly that he's not very good at either of his jobs. He tends to try and catch a lot of butterflies that are actually cats, for example, and is thus often seen nursing various wounds. Actual butterflies frequently overpower him, and he is being actively stalked by a particularly veangeful Monarch, which he has named Stan. As a gigolo, well, he's not very good at all; the combination of a physique like a spaghetti noodle's, a fashion sense that would make Liberacci look like a plain Jane, and a less-than-ideal grasp on exactly what the gigolo job entails means that he hasn't had a customer in months, bringing his total count of customers up to one. His current moniker is actually a stage-name he started using while working as an unsuccessful exotic dancer--a job he quit because he got tired of having a g-string filled with pennies.)

Last edited by LaoWai on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's always in the last place you look for it, unless you're the kind of person who keeps looking for it after you've found it.
LaoWai
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 美国的白痴

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm in, but I haven't decided on a character yet.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby CleverDick » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:00 am

FINE. I'LL DO IT.

Ashtherion wrote:We're not worse at drinking, we're just better at being intoxicated, so we don't have to spend so much on beer.
Suck our tiny economical dicks, white people.
CleverDick
Dr. Jan Itor
Dr. Jan Itor

Show rep
Title: Dozenare

Postby malosaires » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:00 am

Krog Vorkian, dental assistant

Nah, I'm not recycling again.

I'll be Marissa Morris, actor/waitress.

I've got a tumblr where I write about stuff, some of which is also on this site. I've also got a few videos you might wanna check out.
malosaires
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Pre-Futurist

Postby DashaBlade » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:36 pm

I'll be Violet, the mail carrier.

DashaBlade
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cat Lady

Postby JamesT » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:45 pm

I will be Jim Tiberius, the lonely young artist with social difficulties who spends his time weaving tales of strange worlds, and trying desperately to figure out what to do with his hands at a party. Should I fiddle with my phone? Oh god I forgot my phone. What if my car doesn't start? Oh god, the girl I like is looking at me. Oh god oh god shit shit shit.

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:09 am

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby Matthew Notch » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:16 am

Things are looking good! Don't forget to specify your character's name and occupation. Back story is encouraged. Keep in mind that plot points will be introduced, and your character may be doing things you hadn't anticipated during those times. Be prepared to be flexible! But I promise I'll try and stay true to your character, and once we get going I might even run it past you before I post it. In any event, carry on!

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Morton » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:33 am

Hey, this looks kind of cool! The other game looks like it would be too tough for me, but I like to write, so I'll sign up here if that's okay with you guys.

JugularNotch wrote:Things are looking good! Don't forget to specify your character's name and occupation. Back story is encouraged. Keep in mind that plot points will be introduced, and your character may be doing things you hadn't anticipated during those times. Be prepared to be flexible! But I promise I'll try and stay true to your character, and once we get going I might even run it past you before I post it. In any event, carry on!

Okay, I'll be... Morton! I'll be a graphics designer at a Kinko's/FedEx. My wife just left me and my kids have disowned me because I'm not going anywhere or doing anything with my life. It's my dream to bring my family back together.

Does that sound okay?

It's all fun and games till somebody gets hurt! :)
Morton
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: Post-Modernist

Next