Shy Boys IRL

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Shy Boys IRL

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:23 pm

Not sure where to put this, really. It's more of a gawk than something that requires serious discussion, I think, so Loud Noises it is. Someone posted it on PWoT - a documentary following three guys who respectively identify as "love-shy", "incel" (involuntarily celibate) and PUA (pick-up artist).

http://vimeo.com/28466163

To me, the love-shy guy (Michael) actually just seems like a dude with crippling self-esteem issues and social anxiety. He also advances the radical idea that women are people (which the other two derisively shout down), so I feel there's hope for him. Therapy and a few kind friends would make an enormous difference to his life.

I don't quite understand why the guy who identifies as incel (Advanced) thinks he's so ugly. In my opinion his face is pretty cute. His personality on the other hand... Perhaps it's because he's so fixated on other people's looks ("I aim as low as I can - obese women, ugly women...") that he assumes everyone else thinks the same way.

I've yet to come across a PUA who isn't a raging douchebag, and this guy didn't break the trend. Yet I almost felt bad for him, because he's not even a competent douchebag.

As someone else on PWoT said, I just want to shake these guys and scream, "Be more self-aware!"

For bonus open-mouthed staring, check out the PWoT thread guest-starring a guy who identifies as incel, thinks the government should provide him with a girlfriend and is mad because his mother refused to have sex with him:

http://www.cracked.com/forums/index.php?topic=142356.0

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Re: Shy Boys IRL

Postby JamesT » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:50 pm

I hate the term "involuntarily celibate" because it makes "not getting any" sound like some sort of disorder.

It also diminishes what people go through when, like me, they have been ordered by the state to "never reproduce seriously for the love of god don't fill the world with more of you."

edit: And also, like the crazy guy at the end of your post, I've found that if someone self identifies using that term with any amount of seriousness, they usually have really weird ideas about relationships and seem to feel like they're owed something.

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:54 pm

The charmer on the PWoT thread apparently had sex with four people in the last year, so I'm not really sure he understands what "celibate" means. His gripe appears to be that he didn't lose his virginity until he was 22, which has ruined his life forever, and his parents should have sneakily hired a prostitute for him when he was 14. Since they didn't (and his mum wouldn't have sex with him), they are murdering him and should be prosecuted. Man is bugfuck.

OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:56 pm

The first guy seems like he's either just too shy to be the "instigator" if you will, hoping for the women to come to him, or he's expecting the fictional "ideal" senario found in movies, tv, and seinen genre romcom manga.
The second guy needs to accept the reality that his expectations are unrealistic. I want to punch the "PUA" in the face.
As for the PWoT guy:

Last edited by Deathclaw_Puncher on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Yep. Eric hits the nail on the head.

OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:09 pm

"Advanced" the Incel guy (btw, I hate that term) seems very, very angry. I'm pretty sure his attitude turns a lot of people off.

I agree with your thoughts on the shy guy.

And yeah, the PUA needs to suck a bag of dicks.

HOLY SHIT 22 pages in that PWoT thread. Wow.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Right? I'm not the only one who feels it isn't Advanced's face that's the problem?

Yeah. The thread was locked by the time I got there, which made me sad. But it was over the course of about four hours or something as well. I think everyone was just boggled by how utterly self-involved, entitled and generally batshit the guy obviously is.

An appeal to a mother to fuck her son (complete with unwarranted butthurt when he was rejected)

Made in circumstances you fail to understand.

As if there were circumstances under which that would be totally cool with everyone.

OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:23 pm

His feelings on TAC (the atheist cult) are just fucking adorable. Nice to know that feminism is a sign that we are part of a cult. Not only that but a cult of therapy, no less. Fucking hell. He's got to be mental. Also, he has linked Cracked. Or, as he calls it, his discussion with Cracked TAC members.

I'd like to take this moment to say as much as some of us do get on each other's nerves and have differing views, you've never accused any of us as belonging to a cult of therapy and for the most part seem to understand what this 'reality' concept is. And for that I'm thankful.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, none of you have asked your mother for sex. Win!

Last edited by sunglasses on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:34 pm

This is a man who doesn't recognise his own face in the mirror. From his definition of "TAC":

2 general stupidity (lack of reading comprehension, inability to make or understand arguments)
7 batshit vocabulary, invention of new various bizzare new words
8 use of words differently than their original meaning (examples- threat, rape, harassment all used in exagerrated and incorrect way)
9 paranoia
10 hatred of people they see as "privileged" (white people, straight people, males, usually goes along with misandry)
13 absolute lack of empathy or any regard for perceived opponents
14 condescending attitude
15 pathologizing of perceived opponents (in connection and used with nr 5)

And yes. For sure we have our disagreements. The mods are currently assembling a hit squad (it's Rebo and Kate) for the day when we have a disagreement about whether or not it's okay to beat up your mum because she won't have sex with you. Forum rules suggest it is not.

OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Tablo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:36 pm

Therapy,therapy cult!? Is a Freud convention going on here.I am here to therapise!Oh yeah!
EDIT:What the heck is the therapy cult or the the atheist cult i can;t find much about them on google. The word incel sounds a lot like incest, every-time i hear it i just think of incest perhaps just use "not getting any".

OrangeEyebrows wrote:Tablo, the resident shrink
Will cure all your ills in a blink
(If you're weird or you're lazy:
If actually crazy
You're better off turning to drink)

My therapy thread
Nothing to see here keep moving ,you signature looking looker.
Tablo
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Table,Therapist and ladies man

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:22 pm

It seems as though this PWoT guy basically wants to reduce his very being to nothing but a sex drive. And he's been harboring this mentality since he was 14? I feel sorry for the women he did have sex with, and can't help but wonder if any of them are still alive.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby sunglasses » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:26 pm

Ericthebearjew wrote:It seems as though this PWoT guy basically wants to reduce his very being to nothing but a sex drive. And he's been harboring this mentality since he was 14? I feel sorry for the women he did have sex with, and can't help but wonder if any of them are still alive.

Don't worry, Eric! He said he won't kill anyone and hide the body unless he rapes them. Which he doesn't want to do.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Typical Michael » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Some of the guys in that video would fit in perfectly on Homestar Runner with those accents. Just sayin'.

"Typical... Michael... is a ddddddddddddddddddddashing individual!!! *BC punches self in face*" - ButtChocolate

"I'm like Batman, but instead of helping people I'm awful." - CleverDick

"In fairness, I was the one who brought up the goats." - JamesT
Typical Michael
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: ThingMaster

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:42 pm

Tablo wrote:What the heck is the therapy cult or the the atheist cult i can;t find much about them on google.

I couldn't absolutely swear to it, but I think he made it up.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby sunglasses » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:05 am

CarrieVS wrote:
Tablo wrote:What the heck is the therapy cult or the the atheist cult i can;t find much about them on google.

I couldn't absolutely swear to it, but I think he made it up.

After delving into his blog I can testify that yes he did make it up.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Next