The rant thread.

Discussion, in general

Re: The rant thread.

Postby reallifegirl » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Mr Dent wrote:My rant: women who date by committee, or more specifically, friend's of women sticking their freaking nose in my business. I was seeing this lovely older woman, we had insane amounts in common, but guess what? Her good friend just ended a long term relationship and just decided that SHE wanted to be with me instead, invited herself along when we went out, whinged incessantly about it to the point were the woman I was with just went 'jesus, just have him, I don't need this', and then they told me, hey guess what, we just decided that you're gonna be with this other girl... without discussing one word of it with me... without me even showing ANY interest in this other one. And then I'm the bad guy when I tell them to fuck right off.

Yeah, that's pretty...wow. Sounds like going out with neither lady might be a wise idea, because that is a big bucket full of nuttiness.

If I had to guess (in my completely unprofessional, pulling-this-out-of-my-ass opinion), Lady #2 sounds like she may have some sort of controlling friendship with the lady you intended to go out with. There are some women (and possibly men, I suppose) who feel like they can and should completely control their friend's attentions via manipulation. And if someone is threatening to take that attention away (such as a date), they'll find a way to make it about them ("I'm coming with you on your date") and neutralizing/removing the threat ("You can't date him because I suddenly want to date him"). And the friend, used to giving them what they want (or feeling like they have to), do what they're being manipulated into doing.

Anyhow, I think you probably dodged a bullet no matter what the situation is.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby reallifegirl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:16 pm

Coming in to use this thread to rant about myself, kind of.

Basically: I got pulled over by a cop while driving on Saturday night. It was my own stupid fault, because I had just gone to fill the car up with gas, and turned off my headlights while I did so. Then I forgot to turn them back on when I drove back out on the road (this was all after dark). It’s completely my own fault, and a stupid mistake.

Then, when the cops started driving up behind me, I 1) panicked a little, and 2) didn’t immediately pull over. I was right near my ramp to get on the highway, so I went down the ramp and pulled over on the side of the highway. Idiot mistake #2.

The cop was understandably Not Happy With Me, and I apologized a ton and was as polite as I could be. When he asked for my license, registration, and insurance card, I fumbled a lot with my glove compartment and handed them over. Except that I apparently handed them an expired insurance card and not the current one. Idiot mistake #3, which I didn’t find out about until he’d already printed out a summons for it, along with the driving without headlights and failure to comply.

And then there was summons #4, for not wearing a seat belt, which I didn’t even see until I looked over the summonses later. I definitely *was* wearing the seatbelt while driving (the car makes a racket if I forget); my best guess is that I took it off while fumbling for my papers and he thought I hadn’t been wearing it to begin with.

I realize this isn’t the end of the world, but I’m angry at myself for making a stupid mistake even worse by piling even more stupid mistakes on top of it. This is my first time being pulled over, so I know that I’m partly anxious because I’ve never been pulled over before, and I know the penalties aren’t as serious as they would be if I was a repeat offender. (I was ticketed once a year ago, but it was by a traffic cam for not making a full stop before a right turn on red, and I only had to pay a fine with no points on my license.) But I’m anxious as hell, especially over what the fine will be, if there will be points on my license, and if there will be an insurance cost. And I’m incredibly anxious over the idea of traffic court, which I know I’ll have to go to if I want to contest the insurance & seatbelt summonses.

TL;DR: I’m an idiot, and I’m going to have to pay a boatload of fines.

(The glorious detail that just makes this even more absurd: I was on my way to a costume party. GUESS WHO WAS WEARING PIRATE JEWELRY THE WHOLE TIME.)

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby BobTheZombie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:51 am

reallifegirl wrote:(The glorious detail that just makes this even more absurd: I was on my way to a costume party. GUESS WHO WAS WEARING PIRATE JEWELRY THE WHOLE TIME.)

You were wearing pirate jewellery the whole time and the cop never arrested you? You wouldn't download a necklace, would you? All jokes aside I'm sorry about what happened to you. I, too, find that it never rains, it pours. Most days I have a taste of foot in my mouth from putting it in there during everyday things. This isn't as bad as your's but I was playing table tennis before for the school team. I didn't have a bat so I borrowed one from I guy I didn't really know. I'd only properly met him at our previous training session so I was trying to be friendly and not insult him (something I, apparently, have a habit of doing, especially if I'm nervous). I won the match and (like the hand clapping thing I posted in Bad Habits) I used to always spin the bat up in the air and catch it. It was just routine, like how you twirl a pen around your fingers. Of course the fella, probably anxious at me using his bat, leaps out of his chair as soon as I got the winning point since he was up next and he didn't want his bat with clumsy old me a second longer than was necessary. His leap distracted me so naturally I dropped the bat.
Except I have another bad habit of putting my foot out to 'catch' fallen objects and cushion the fall. Unfortunately my timing was really off that night and I kicked his bat all the way across the room. The exchange went like this: Me *throw/spin/drop* "Sorry!!!" Him *while bat is still yet to hit ground/my foot* "It's fine." Me *kicks bat all the way across the room, into a solid window* "Uh...Sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry!!!!!!!!!!!" Him *visibly annoyed, probably thinking why I secretly hated him* "It's fine". It wasn't though.

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!" - Virginia from Dragonzball P
BobTheZombie
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Pessimistic Optimist

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:03 pm

The discussion of Carrie's rant about enjoying the suffering of people who have done bad things has been split to here:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1051

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Postby CleverDick » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:12 am

Spoilered for profanity and pettiness.
Spoiler: show
A friend of mine asked me if I've had my "year 12 breakdown" yet. I though about it, and I realised that although I'm pretty much stressed out all the time, and I've had some close calls, I've never had an actual "Oh shit" moment.

Well, that changed this morning.

Yesterday, I woke up at a friend's house after a night out. I went home about 2:30 PM and relaxed for a bit, since I'm usually tired after sleeping over at others'. I didn't go to bed immediately this time, and slept at about 5:30, expecting to wake up a few hours later to start the metric fuckton of chemistry homework and math study I have to do.

Then I woke up and saw sunlight. I looked at my watch and saw that it was 7:30 AM, Sunday. It took a while to settle in, but the thought of "OH FUCKING FUCK IT'S SUNDAY I SLEPT FOR THIRTEEN GODDAMN HOURS" eventually came to me.

Once I came downstairs, still going through how I am going to get everything done and not utterly fail math, my dad decides that I need to look at VTAC (Uni information) and decide on my future right the fuck now.

Ugh.

Last edited by CleverDick on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ashtherion wrote:We're not worse at drinking, we're just better at being intoxicated, so we don't have to spend so much on beer.
Suck our tiny economical dicks, white people.
CleverDick
Dr. Jan Itor
Dr. Jan Itor

Show rep
Title: Dozenare

Postby sunglasses » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:35 am

Reallifegirl, a tip I learned from a cop: NEVER TAKE THE SEAT BELT OFF WHILE THE KEYS ARE IN THE IGNITION. They will count it against you. If you need to take it off to reach your papers, turn the car off and take the keys out of the ignition. Lay them on the dash for them to see you. Meanwhile, never ever drive down a ramp unless they are montioning you to do so....many will consider that you were trying to flee the scene. I know it's too late now but just to let you know for the future.

Meanwhile I'd just like to take a minute to say: I freaking hate coworkers who need help but don't tell you they need help and look flabbergasted when you don't magically realize that they do, in fact, need assistance.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:42 pm

So basically my social skills suck. That's old news to me, but I'd sort of convinced myself that I was improving. Only it turns out that I can alienate a load of people without even realising I was doing anything unreasonable until someone takes pity on me and explains, and then however hard I try to make amends, apologize, and explain that I never meant it to come across like that, apparently just I made everyone irreparably hate me.

It's not anything that matters that I've messed up at, just a game. I feel bad for my screw-ups losing the game for my teammates as well as me, but it's not important. It's probably even less important to them than to me, because I do tend to take things too seriously. And I'm worried that I've actually offended some people I considered friends, not just pushed them away from me in-game, but they're nice people and I hope that they'll forgive me.

But I've just finished university and am about to enter the real, grown-up world, where your screw-ups actually matter, sometimes quite a lot. I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to cope anyway, and now I've just discovered that no, my social skills don't suck as badly as I thought they did, they suck worse.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Kate » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:21 pm

My darling, I know this is the rant thread and lord knows I've made use of it, but I'm sure no one is offended over a game. I don't think you need forgiveness, if we're talking about the same thing.

I love talking to you. Your social skills are at least as good as mine, if not better, and I've done okay enough for myself so far. You're lovely and PLEASE keep socializing with me. If some woman out on the east coast of America wants to keep talking to you, I'm sure you're doing better than you think you are. It's easy to doubt yourself (believe me...I know) but don't doubt me on this...you're doing just fine, and people enjoy talking to you. You add to the world. Keep that up!

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby sunglasses » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:48 pm

Just remember, it's your character in the game that has the negative traits-not you. Some people really, really get into role playing. Such as Notch. It's just a game. No one here is making little voodoo dolls of ya.

On a side note, I just need to vent so I'm going to do it here. I'm sick and tired of being sick. I'm tired of having psoriasis and constantly having to explain to people-people in the medical field!-what it is. I'm tired of having various and sometimes dangerous home remedies thrown my way. I'm tired of asthma. Hate that shit. I hate having good and bad joint days and waking up with my hands in claws. I am so, so tired of having flashbacks of the piece of shit who was the worst mistake I ever made. I hate feeling so guilty that I fell prey to his tricks. I hate how people constantly judge and *remind* people of their failings regarding an abusive boyfriend. Thanks, I know now he was a piece of shit, I don't need you to remind me. I hate how my neighbors always make comments re: weeds out front. See the above medical issues and the fact that I work fucking nights.

Ok. I'm done. That felt better.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:57 pm

Thanks Kate, Sunny.

It's just that I'm not doing fine, I'm really not, if I can not only come across so badly different that I meant to but have no idea anything was wrong until people lose patience with me entirely. It's not just one mess-up that I'm over-reacting about, I do something of the sort almost every time I try and do anything more difficult than make small talk.

I'm not going round thinking that any of you are petty enough to be offended over a game. But I've never been anything other than shite at knowing how serious or not people are about things or how serious they're taking me, and I've been horribly afraid that I've really acted like a bully, and really upset people when all I meant to do was role-play a tough-guy character. I'm really glad I was wrong about that.

P.S. Sunny, it would be really ignorant of me to hope you get better, but I hope you feel a lot better soon and for a long time. And anyone else with health issues.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby sunglasses » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:04 am

CarrieVS wrote:P.S. Sunny, it would be really ignorant of me to hope you get better, but I hope you feel a lot better soon and for a long time. And anyone else with health issues.

That's hardly ignorant. It's merely well wishing.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby ZekeThePlumber » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:46 pm

This isn't really a rant as much as a rambling of stress and anxiety. I've been in a real funk lately. I've stopped coming here for a few weeks, stopped doing ceramics, trying to hang out with people: basically I've stopped doing anything, even going outside. I hate when I get like this and it doesn't really help my depression, anxiety or the pain from the fibro, but I can't help it. I wake up with panic and anxiety and it doesn't go away, day after day, making even basic everyday tasks become insurmountable mountains. That in turn makes me feel crippling guilt and self loathing. It's a vicious cycle, one that I have real trouble getting out of.
Also I've been feeling lately that I don't really fit in anywhere in the world.
Also my family dog is dying but we can't tell if we should put her down yet or not.
I don't know. Looking back at what I wrote makes me want to erase all of it. I hate how it sounds pathetic, clichéd and trite, but I can't think of any better way to put it and it's really frustrating. Anyway, I think it's better that I post something cringe worthy than to erase it all and then go on not posting for weeks.
Anyway sorry for the rambles >:(

Kate- I'll always be your backup singer, Zeke <3

A fetching young lady called Zeke
Was a terrible sex-obsessed freak
The up-to-date version
Of her latest perversion
Left her forum-mates shaken and weak- OrangeEyebrows
ZekeThePlumber
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby BobTheZombie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:42 am

It's not cringeworthy at all Zeke and in fairness, you fit in well here.

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!" - Virginia from Dragonzball P
BobTheZombie
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Pessimistic Optimist

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:44 am

What Bob said. We love you and we're here for you, and we understand what it feels like when life gets you on the floor and kicks you.

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Postby ZekeThePlumber » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Thanks guys, I really, really appreciate it. I guess I'll just have to wait it out and hope for the best :)

Kate- I'll always be your backup singer, Zeke <3

A fetching young lady called Zeke
Was a terrible sex-obsessed freak
The up-to-date version
Of her latest perversion
Left her forum-mates shaken and weak- OrangeEyebrows
ZekeThePlumber
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

PreviousNext