[Mobsters RP] Week of February 1st, 1925

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: [Mobsters RP] Week of February 1st, 1925

Postby Absentia » Fri May 17, 2019 11:02 pm

As appealing as it might sound to go through their pockets, it's likely only a matter of moments before the cops show up. Time to leg it.

At least she had been right about this little trip being interesting.

New plan:
Flee back to the restaurant.
Try to locate Dolly and get the wound examined.
Report to Michael on the Mandiz connection to the opium den.
Mend pants?
See if anyone else is perpetrating some mischief I can join.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sat May 18, 2019 1:14 am

After Alley Cat limps in and explains what she's been up to:

"I missed it?"

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Absentia » Sat May 18, 2019 9:40 pm

"If you wanna be the one with a gun barrel against your neck, you can take my place any time. I'd rather be on the right side of my next ambush."

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:40 am

"Please, don't give him any ideas." Dolly tends to Casey's knee in a clean part of the restaurant.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby CarrieVS » Tue May 21, 2019 11:28 pm

Felice is half-heartedly slapping paint onto the walls he mostly managed to avoid having to scrub yesterday when a very small figure trails forlornly through the doorway. He seizes the opportunity to take a break,

"Hey Jacques, what'ya doing?"

"Nuffing," the four-year-old replies with a trace of a pout.

"Why don'tcha play with Fiona?"

"She's in school."

"Ah. So you got no-one to play with?" An idea hits Felice. "That's too bad. See, I'd let you play with me, but painting walls is only for big boys."

"I'm a big boy!" Jacques insists.

"Wouldn't you be in school too if you were a big boy? Nah, guess I get to do all of the painting myself."

Jacques stands on tiptoe and stretches himself as tall as he can. "I am a big boy."

"Well look at that, I guess you are after all. Well, maybe I'll let you paint a little bit, if you're real good." He reaches over with his brush to dab a dot of paint on the end of the child's nose. Jacques giggles. "Let's find you a brush."

Soon his youngest cousin is painting away with considerable enthusiasm on the lower half of the walls. All that really matters is that it's all covered, anyway. They can neaten it up later.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Fri May 31, 2019 2:14 am

Felice
'Espresso Sarro' is an upscale italian coffee house over on the nicer end of town, not too far from the university. Including a canopied street-side patio, the public area is a little smaller than the Beauchamp grill, through the building itself seems considerably larger. Frank's white sportster is parked directly out front. The patronage seems mostly Italian, with a smattering of what seem to be local students. A bespectacled blonde studying in the corner catches Felice's eye before the man at the bar snaps him to attention. "Hey kid, you're blockin' the doorway."

Evie and Dolly
Patching Casey up takes a chunk of time from her legal inquiries, but by midday she feels confident that she has found reasonable ground for a reprieve of about $500. Using similar means but with a more liberal adherence to ethical and legal standards, she figures the bill could possibly be cut in half. The former would require Mr. Caldwell's cooperation, the latter would require his complicity in criminal fraud.

Antoine's is a gourmet restaurant in the French quarter, the food is supposed to be impeccable, and the dress code ostentatious.

What is the strategy?

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Fri May 31, 2019 9:34 pm

"Oh, sorry." Felice lingers in the doorway just a moment longer, just to make a point, then walks up to the bar just before the man can say anything else. "I guess I'll have a cup of coffee, but uh, you wouldn't know if Fast Frank's around, would you? I see his wheels outside."

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:33 am

"Thanks for patching me up, Dolly."

"And, uh, I don't know how you like to conduct business, but if you think it would help for me to put the squeeze on this tax man... I'm available tonight, or whenever."

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:21 pm

Felice

The man at the bar scoffs, shakes his head, and starts grinding the coffee beans in a hand crank. "So what if he is, who wants to know?"

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:42 pm

"Name's Gatti. I made Mr Sarro's acquaintance yesterday: we had a bit of a race, and then he invited me to look him up sometime. He certainly ain't no sore loser."

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:28 pm

Absentia wrote:"Thanks for patching me up, Dolly."

"And, uh, I don't know how you like to conduct business, but if you think it would help for me to put the squeeze on this tax man... I'm available tonight, or whenever."

"I think I'd first like to try this crazy method where I just ask him, but thanks for the offer," Dolly smiles. She isn't inclined to catch the eye of the authorities that soon {{{Deacon Fiona}}} and Lord knows some of the more colourful characters in their crew are already trying their best to >.>

Cpt._Funkotron wrote:Evie and Dolly
Patching Casey up takes a chunk of time from her legal inquiries, but by midday she feels confident that she has found reasonable ground for a reprieve of about $500. Using similar means but with a more liberal adherence to ethical and legal standards, she figures the bill could possibly be cut in half. The former would require Mr. Caldwell's cooperation, the latter would require his complicity in criminal fraud.

Antoine's is a gourmet restaurant in the French quarter, the food is supposed to be impeccable, and the dress code ostentatious.

What is the strategy?

Good thing one of them has just the thing to wear for such an occasion. Dolly scrounges up something and takes her fancy walking-stick along. >.> forgot to mention in gear sry

They're there 1 PM sharp, thanks to Evie's excellent driving /o/ Evie may smile and indulge in such light talk that the Assessor may talk more about himself and his work, and when appropriate Dolly can steer the conversation over to the Beauchamp's Bar and Grill. Evie can throw in a slightly sad but not too sad (don't want to bring the mood down) bit about her parents and "us poor ladies". Dolly may ask for 10% off. If the man agrees after only a few questions, she may grow bold and talk about option B in a roundabout but comprehendible way. Evie can say, "We would be so grateful."

after that, hmm let's see his response first ^^ I just wanna make this guy comfortable and go for the jugular when he's sitting on a fluffy cloud from the delicious meal and attentive women

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:16 am

Felice

"Well Mr. Sarro's a friendly guy" he says casually, as he pulls the shot of espresso and slides the little cup across the bar. "Hold tight a minute, kid". He disappears through a swinging door behind the bar. After a minute, he reemerges and waves for Felice to follow. He leads him through a small kitchen where dishes are piled in the sink high above the faucet, the floor is in good need of a sweep, and a pair of jumbos are sat down smoking and playing cards. Passing through another door he enters a large store room with rows of ceiling-height shelves all stocked with identical crates, 'High Grade Cuban Coffee Beans' printed on the sides. Through a side door and up a flight of stairs, they come to a door marked 'Office'. As they reach it, a woman emerges straightening her hair and pulling on a tawdry fur coat, walking quickly past Felice and the barman without looking at them.
He looks off in her direction, sighs tiredly, and raps his knuckles on the door frame, calling out "Hey boss, are you decent yet?"
"Course I ain't decent, I'm a crook" comes the voice of Frank Sarro. The barman turns to felice.
"You'll have to leave your pieces with me" he says, holding his hands out to receive Felices revolvers.
Inside, Frank is standing behind his desk in a well-appointed office overlooking a park across the street, smartening up his necktie. It takes him a moment to recognize Felice, but once does he smiles and inclines his head.
"If it ain't the pony express. What can I do you for, kid? Had lunch yet?"

Evie and Dolly

Antoine's takes up most of the ground floor of a nice hotel just off the waterfront in the French Quarter. The windows are enormous, the walls look like wedding cake, and the tables are set with an absurd variety of utensils. Mr. Caldwell greets Evie and Dolly with a cheshire-cat grin and his sugary southern tones. The menu prices are outrageous, some items running several dollars each, although Mr. Caldwell seems unperturbed. How he can afford to lunch here regularly on the salary of a parish official is not explained. What might shed some light on the subject is the fact that he orders a bottle of wine for the table, which is flagrantly obliged.

Overall, the lunch goes quite well. The food is delicious, of course. Dolly catches Mr. Caldwell off guard with her firm reasoning and legal acumen, and Evie works the 'poor us' routine so well that he vows to effect the $500 reduction at the earliest convenience. On the subject of the further, questionably legal reduction, Mr. Caldwell smirks cannily at the suggestion, but is cagey and noncommittal. One gets the impression that he's fishing for more than the promise of gratitude for a favor of this nature.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:54 pm

"I haven't yet. But, well, I've been thinking about what you said yesterday. Fact is, my current employment is, shall we say, less interesting than pouring coffee."

Not that that gang isn't going to get up to some exciting things but as far as the day job goes, even if it really is just a steady job it can't be worse than general dogsbody at the grill.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Previous