IT'S HAPPENING--The Mueller Report Drops

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: IT'S HAPPENING--The Mueller Report Drops

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:44 pm

Do they believe the smears or do they not like Obama. If they believed the smears they'd have opened an investigation into his birth certificate. You know, like happened with Trump.

WE ARE ALL FLOATING IN THE WINDS OF TIME. BUT YOUR CANDLE WILL FLICKER FOR SOME TIME BEFORE IT GOES OUT -- A LITTLE REWARD FOR A LIFE WELL LIVED. FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT...
A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Grenadier

Postby Absentia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:53 pm

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Do they believe the smears or do they not like Obama. If they believed the smears they'd have opened an investigation into his birth certificate. You know, like happened with Trump.

The comparison to Trump is only valid if both "investigations" had an equally valid foundation. Which is an absurd suggestion.

And the fact that most Republican politicians are savvy enough to know a stupid idea when they see one doesn't mean that the plebs didn't buy it.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:54 pm

So your take is that Birtherism isn't a conspiracy theory, it's a mainstream opinion. Jesus christ are you that incapable of seeing that people just don't like Obama?

Note that word right there. Mainstream Opinion. Do you think that has something to do with whether Fox is a mainstream channel?

Also here's a little fact for you, the Steele Dossier was stovepiped. It was sent to two sources and one source used to corroborate it to the other. This is known (though not to you for some unknown reason that definitely doesn't rhyme with the fedia fied). What little leeway there is is that it wasn't exhaustive and there were other reasons for the warrant. Now that you know this (again, you're just gonna ask me for a source instead of look it up yourself like a normal person), are you still gonna pretend the investigation was warranted on its own to laughably greater extent than any birther conspiracy?

Last edited by A Combustible Lemon on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WE ARE ALL FLOATING IN THE WINDS OF TIME. BUT YOUR CANDLE WILL FLICKER FOR SOME TIME BEFORE IT GOES OUT -- A LITTLE REWARD FOR A LIFE WELL LIVED. FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT...
A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:00 pm

A Combustible Lemon wrote:You're right, Huffpo didn't know what they were doing was wrong but Trump did. So why are you reading a source you've just claimed to be too ignorant to be objective and what do you think it proves?

I didn't post a Huffpo article because I'm best friends with Huffpo. I posted it because it contains a quote which demonstrates Trump's behavior. The things he says makes it easy to believe he is doing something wrong. He spends all day provoking people on Twitter, makes random accusations and tells obvious lies. When someone lies about knowing Vladimir Putin exists it makes you wonder why someone would ever make such a bizarre claim and wonder what else they could be lying about.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:01 pm

You're right that justifies lying about him.

A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby gisambards » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:09 pm

A Combustible Lemon wrote:So your take is that Birtherism isn't a conspiracy theory, it's a mainstream opinion. Jesus christ are you that incapable of seeing that people just don't like Obama?

On page 5 of this Morning Consult poll of registered voters taken in January 2016, 34% of respondents said they believed Obama was not born in the US:
https://morningconsult.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/160102_topline_MCFull_v1_AP-2.pdf
So it was a fairly common belief.

Regardless, the idea that the most watched cable news network in America is not mainstream media really doesn't hold much water.

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:14 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/poll-persistent-partisan-divide-over-birther-question-n627446

72% of Republicans either disagreed or weren't sure about "Barack Obama was born in the United States".

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:33 pm

http://view2.fdu.edu/publicmind/2016/161011/

Is Alex Jones mainstream media?

A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:49 pm

From your own reference:

Republicans who say "Obama is hiding important information about his background" is definitely not true: 27%

Republicans who say Alex Jones's Sandy Hook theory is definitely not true: 67%

Maybe we should get back on topic before you find any more evidence to support my case.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:53 pm

"Mainstream = Republican, so Fox News is Mainstream"

Seriously, you can stop digging yourself deeper, you said you were going to quit three pages ago.

A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby gisambards » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:59 pm

The most popular cable news network in the country = clearly mainstream by any rational definition.

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:01 pm

Again, mainstream doesn't mean popular. It means mainstream. It's the opposite of alternative, not the opposite of unpopular. Words mean things.

A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:04 pm

Dude. The Republican Party holds the presidency, the senate, the supreme court, and the majority of governors' seats and state legislatures. If you think that isn't "mainstream", or not a significant cultural influence, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:07 pm

When did the question turn from "I don't know why Fox News isn't considered mainstream despite being popular? it should be" which I answered with "It's more like alternative media than not and has a much different effect on culture" to "is republicanism mainstream"?

A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby gisambards » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:22 pm

When did the question turn from "I don't know why Fox News isn't considered mainstream despite being popular? it should be" which I answered with "It's more like alternative media than not and has a much different effect on culture" to "is republicanism mainstream"?

It happened just before everyone in the forum clapped.

Personally, I would disagree that Fox being "more like alternative media than not and [having] a much different effect on culture" means it can't be considered mainstream, and I would be happy to discuss it with whoever made that argument, but unfortunately in this timeline he seems not to exist and we got someone gibbering about how we're all libtards instead.

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext