So, what are you watching?

What have you been watching?

Re: So, what are you watching?

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:27 pm

Apparently Hulu took Night Gallery down before I could even finish Season 2. Anyway, now I’m watching Happy!, a dark comedy cop show on SyFy.

Incidentally, TIL the jingle in this and other commercials back in (I think) the ‘90s was based on a real song (“Button Up Your Overcoat”).

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby cmsellers » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:25 am

Every so often, I remember that there's a bunch of new Disney and Pixar movies that came out and catch up. And I just have to say: Coco is probably my favorite Pixar movie ever. I wish I'd seen it when it came out.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Krashlia » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:50 pm

Kaguya-sama and BoogiePop Phantom (2019), weekly.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby gisambards » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:29 am

I've been watching HBO's recent Succession, in which a powerful family in the vein of the Murdochs/Trumps turn on each other over the running of their family business, written by veteran British comedy writer Jesse Armstrong and starring Brian Cox, Macaulay Culkin's brother (the one that was in Fargo season 2) and a guy that looks distractingly like Bashar al-Assad. It's nowhere near as good as it should be but seems to start picking up towards the second half (I've seen 7 out of 11 episodes). It does, however, have one of the best title themes I've heard in a while:

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:47 am

jbobsully11 wrote:Anyway, now I’m watching Happy!, a dark comedy cop show on SyFy..

Season two just started. FYI

The new Twilight Zone, or the two episodes so far, have been a little predictable but I'm still gonna watch it. Probably.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby DirtyWY » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:35 pm

Just finished watching Chernobyl series. I like the way they cut it, everything is so realistic

DirtyWY
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:02 pm

I've been meaning to watch that but don't have time right now.

Instead I've been trying to get current on Dark Docs on youtube. They've got some interesting stuff on Chernobyl and a number of other things that happened during the Cold War.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:20 pm

JamishT wrote:I thought I had posted here about it, but apparently not. I recently was looking for a new show to watch on Amazon Prime and came across Corner Gas, and, after making sure it didn't have a laugh track, I was pleasantly surprised that it is FANTASTIC.

Seconded. I just started watching it a few weeks ago, and I'm trying to pace myself so I don't run out too quickly.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:35 pm

I'm watching nothing. Because the wife has the power and she hasn't turned on the television for the last 45 minutes. Turn it on already!

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:29 pm

Skilled Teaser Takagi, season 2.
Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:10 am

The Ranch. If Texans were smart they'd be these people.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:51 am

I saw about half of Firefly between yesterday and today. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I think the earlier episodes seemed more interesting. Also, every time Nathan Fillian opens his mouth, I can't help but think of his character on Modern Family. He really does have the voice of a weatherman or news anchor or something.

12/29 edit to avoid double-posting: I started watching The Marvelous Mrs Maisel tonight. I think it's pretty interesting.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:55 pm

SandTea wrote:The new Twilight Zone, or the two episodes so far, have been a little predictable but I'm still gonna watch it. Probably.

I just saw the first two episodes last night, and even though I could see the end of the second one coming, it still disturbed me. I don't know why I watch shows like that, but I'll probably keep going.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:49 pm

I've watched 5 Akira Kurosawa movies over the past month. I plan on watching more. Good stuff.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby NathanLoiselle » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:44 am

OMG! Daniel got hit by a car! And he's refusing to go to the medical centre! Also he mistook Bethany for Sinead. Ooooooo... I'd say there's gonna be trouble afoot if Sinead wasn't dead already.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext