Games to Look Forward to in 2019

What are you playing. Hands out of your pockets!

Games to Look Forward to in 2019

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:23 am

Anybody got any? Last year was pretty flat for games, and so was the year before, but it seems like we got some good stuff coming out this year. Myself, I'm looking out for:

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Pokemon Sword and Shield
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Re: Games to Look Forward to in 2019

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:03 am

Mario Maker 2. I've got some good ideas that I haven't seen anyone use. Shmup levels are usually garbage so I feel the need to make a quality one.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Re: Games to Look Forward to in 2019

Postby KleinerKiller » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:06 pm

Devil May Cry V already came out a couple of days ago, so it's technically not something to look forward to, but it's still really great and shouldn't be overlooked if you have any love for fast-paced, high-skill action games.

Mortal Kombat 11 comes out next month.

Judgement (Judge Eyes elsewhere) is going to get me my next fix of Yakuza gaming, though it might not actually come out this year in the West. One of the principal voice and motion capture actors was arrested for cocaine possession, and Japan's anti-drug laws are so draconian that he'll have to be shunned from the industry and completely wiped from existence before the game comes out (SEGA deleted all of their tweets about the game at the moment the news broke, and has confirmed that they'll have to bring someone new in to re-record).

Been waiting on The Last of Us Part II for years, and I just hope it isn't disappointing.

Babylon's Fall is a new Platinum game that I know very little about other than that it's supposed to come out this year, and after Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, and the fucking masterpiece that is NieR: Automata, I'll check out pretty much anything Platinum has a hand in.

I needed more DOOM (2016) gameplay immediately after beating it, so obviously I'm looking out for DOOM Eternal.

The Outer Worlds is a game from the original devs behind Fallout 1 & 2 as well as some from New Vegas, and it looks like it's going to be very narrative-focused and complex. I doubt Fallout is ever going to recover from Fallout 76, so I'll take it.

I'm not even sure how excited I am for Death Stranding anymore, between the lack of gameplay footage and Kojima's overt star-fucker tendencies, but it surely has to come out some time this year, right? Right?!

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute