[Mobsters RP] Week of February 1st, 1925

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: [Mobsters RP] Week of February 1st, 1925

Postby roobeastie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:19 am

Evie lets a blush alight upon her cheeks at the Assessors' words, her smile more grateful than pleasant. "Oh thank you, Mr. Caldwell. You do us quite a kindness. I promise we won't take up too much of your time."

roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Mari » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Marì walks up to the man guarding the stairs, looks around to see if anyone is watching, opens her mouth, and knees the man in the crotch, hard. Her intention is to skip down the stairs immediately before anyone realizes what happened, if possible.

Mari
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:23 am

Complication - Combat Time

Surprise Round, unopposed.
Difficulty: 5

Mari's Roll + Unarmed Skill: 7 + 5 = 12
Margin (7) x Strength (8) = 56
Doorman Incapacitated

Resolution - Combat Time

Bloody Mari takes the guard completely by surprise and with one powerful knee to the unsuspecting groin, sends the behemoth doubling over, wheezing, and collapsing.

Complication - Encounter Time
Mari
Quickly discovering that going 'down' the stairs isn't possible seeing as she's on the ground floor and the swampy soil of New Orleans doesn't accommodate the digging of traditional basements, she instead skips up the stairs and comes to an archway at the top of the landing, with a heavy, green velvet curtain drawn across it. Whether rushing inside or merely peaking in, she can quickly observe that the concealed second-story room is in fact a speakeasy, with a buxom creole dame behind a simple nine-foot bar, a pair of toughs playing cards by the window, and about a dozen patrons quietly talking and drinking.

Felice
After a few hours of taking in the old colonial beauty of the town and getting a general mental layout of its major thoroughfares, Felice finds himself pulling to the side of an intersection to rest a moment and decide on a new course. When he's just about decided to head north and cruise along the Pontchartrain, a sporty white coupe pulls alongside him, and its driver, a young sicilian man, leans his head and arm out of the window casually and calls out.

"Yo kid, you've got some nice wheels. You ever race around here?"

Conclusion
Dolly and Evie
With that, the plans are settled to meet for a reservation at Aintoine's at one o'clock the next day, and the Assessor is kind enough to walk the ladies out to their car.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:33 pm

"Not yet," replies Felice with a grin, "but I only just got here." He revs his engine.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:34 am

Felice
The driver smirks, tosses his lit cigarette onto the street to put both his hands on the wheel, and rev's his own engine. "Alright kid. Round the city park and back" he states, rather than asking. With that, the white coupe roars forward and the race is on.

At first they race along a fairly empty empty patch of road, but as they speed north and reach the large boulevards that frame the park, they have to serpentine around other automobiles, streetcars, and even a few horse-drawn carts. Felice's opponent makes liberal use of his car horn.

Felice cuts a corner over a low sidewalk and takes the lead, gaining a greater and greater distance in front of the coupe as they approach the next turn. Not to be outdone, the driver takes a tight corner and clips a popcorn stand, sending white and yellow puffs scattering across the street.

Felice maintains his lead, and makes it back to the original intersection a full five seconds before his opponent comes screeching and drifting to a halt behind him.

Roll + Skill: 8 + 7 = 15
Difficulty = 14

The driver turns off his engine, leans out the window again and calls Felice over to him.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Mari » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:59 am

Mari approaches the pair playing cards and asks if they need a third. She subtly jingles the small purse that she carries openly.

Mari
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 am

Through a cloud of cigar smoke, she can see that the card players are a short hispanic man with a pencil mustache and a bowler hat, and a sunburnt bald beefy white gentleman in a wife-beater. The former nods and the latter gestures to a seat and deals her in. The first few hands don't go particularly well for Mari; by the time the waitress comes over to ask what for her order, she's down $1.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:58 am

Felice, heart still pounding from the thrill of the ride, scoots his bike over toward the white car. He's glad he won, but conscious that it wasn't much of a lead considering the advantages of a motorbike through the slower traffic.

"Reckon I'd have eaten your dust if you'd been on two wheels," he admits, "what with me not knowing the road." He laughs, and puts out his hand to the driver, "Good race. Good to meet you. Gatti, Felice Gatti."

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:43 pm

The driver shakes his hand firmly and inclines his head. "Frank Sarro; round here they call me 'Fast Frank'. You could say I ain't accustomed to being beat, but no hard feelings between gentlemen, huh kid?" he chuckles. Felice can see the man more clearly now, stubbled jaw and greased back hair, dressed in a well-tailored white suit with a black tie and slacks, with a red pocket square on his breast. Felice wouldn't take him to be older than 25. As he extends his hand over the window frame, he can see under his jacket the glint of a silver pistol grip in a shoulder holster.

He also now notices Frank's passenger, sat on the other side of him. A gorgeous young dame in a loose red dress, with ginger hair and bright red lipstick to match. She has her legs crossed delicately in the cab, with a white hat, probably Frank's, in her lap. A silver necklace with what looks like could be small ruby studs draws the eye to a considerable decolletage. She smokes a cigarette with a long holder, and blows a stream of smoke in Felice's direction, and he realizes she's caught him staring. An amused expression crosses her ruby lips, but his eyes are quickly diverted by a flash of emerald.

"Here kid, buy yourself something nice, huh? You earned it." says Frank, depositing a fold of bills into Felice's hand. "You ever looking for some steady work, you come on by my coffee shop over on Carrolton; and I don't mean pourin' coffee, capiche?"

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:01 am

Felice bids Frank farewell with cheerful thanks and a promise to see his new acquaintance around, and waits until he is out of sight before counting the money. Then he heads back to the restaurant: not a bad first day, really. It's good to make friends in a city like this, and he has a feeling Fast Frank could be the sort of feller, if he's careful, who could be useful to know. And Felice wouldn't mind getting to know that gal a bit either. Not that he's the sort of guy to try and take another chap's woman, but he's sure she's as pleasant company as she is to look at, just in a friendly way. Though if she should ever happen to fall out with her man...

And of course, he's no longer within a dollar of flat broke. That's not bad either. With the possibility of another source of income too, if he wants. Not a bad first day at all: he seems to have landed on his feet as usual.

He pulls up outside the Beauchamp Grill, but before he goes in he wanders round the side of the building and stares at the murky waters of the drainage canal a while, trying to see if there's a 'gator in there.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 am

Counting it all up together, Felice discovers that he's been handed $50.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Mari » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:46 am

Mari orders a cheap cocktail, asks the gentlemen if they'd like a round on her, and attempts to engage the two men in small talk, all while continuing to play, not being particularly interested in winning.

Mari
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:05 am

Encounter Time - Conclusion

Mari

Mari and the smaller gentleman get to drinking and talking, which turns to flirting on his part, and long story short they decide to run off to Cuba together.

The Player has sadly dropped from the game.

Crunch Time - Conclusion

Jimmy

The Horn-Boss takes to busking on Frenchman street, and before long, a saxophone player joins him, followed by a trombone player. After jamming for a few hours, they introduce themselves as Tommy and Johnny, respectively, a couple of old souls who make their living busking on this street. The Horn-Boss' share of the day comes out to $10, mostly as a hat full of nickels and quarters. Tommy and Jonny tell Jimmy that in the evenings when the foot traffic on Frenchman dies down, they often make the rounds at the back entrances of clubs and restaurants on Bourbon street, on the chance that their musical acts need a few extra chairs in their brass section.

Roll + Skill = 6 + 4 = 10

Livvie

The Gin Witch has a nice peaceful time walking around the neighborhood and people-watching.

Crunch Time - Intention

Everyone

It is now the evening time, and most of the family have gravitated back to the Grill. Morty got a call from some contact in the afternoon, so he'll be gone for at least a few days while he's checking that out, and Mari is presumably out stalking the streets in her usual manner; no one is particularly concerned for her welfare at her absence, based on her prior history, and the post card from Havana explaining the situation will not arrive for another few days. Livvie knows that young Mr. Harrison will be dropping by with her purchase around 9:00, but that would leave plenty of time to drop in on the others if she wanted to.

Once any and all family discussion is concluded (either here or in the ic-chatter channel on the discord), declare your intentions for the evening if you have any.

Last edited by Cpt._Funkotron on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:55 am

As the family gathers around once more, Dolly figures she'll get their info out of the way first.

"Well, Evie's charm worked and more. :) We went for tax records of the restaurant and come back with a lunch date appointment at Fancy French Restaurant Antoine's with Mr. Caldwell, Parish Assessor and eager to please," she rolls her eyes. "Still, the easier to push around, the better. We'll meet him tomorrow to see if he's particularly amenable, and then start working on the case."

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Kivutar » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Chipotle sluggishly rises to the top. First, its nostrils break the surface, then its eyes, which blink lazily at the youth above it.

Last edited by Kivutar on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

PreviousNext