So, what are you watching?

What have you been watching?

Re: So, what are you watching?

Postby Piter Lauchy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:52 am

Yu-Gi-Oh! It's on Netflix and I wanted some mindless fun. It is so unbelievably dumb, but the nostalgia is real. To think that I kinda sorta took this seriously back then. Man.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby AboveGL » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:33 am

You.

You forgot to draw your curtains.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:51 pm

AboveGL wrote:You.

You forgot to draw your curtains.

...Or did I? ;)

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby NathanLoiselle » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:29 pm

I'm busy watching AboveGL watching jbobsully11.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Australia » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Really? Then who's that in your shower?

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby cmsellers » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:51 am

Australia wrote:Really? Then who's that in your shower?

Sorry about that. Being in Canada makes me feel unclean, so I need to break into someone's house every two hours for a shower.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby LunarTeaHouse » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:03 pm

Stuff I watch regularly:
Game of Thrones
Better Call Saul
How to Get Away with Murder
Law & Order
Criminal Minds
CSI
Hawaii 5-0
Stranger Things
Black Mirror
Gotham
Peaky Blinders
Cosmos
South Park
Family Guy
Robot Chicken

Stuff I gave up on:
Into the Badlands
Sleepy Hollow
Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
American Horror Story

Stuff that ended:
The Terror
House of Cards (??)
Dexter
Breaking Bad

Last edited by LunarTeaHouse on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
This is the most embarrassing piece of work since Clint Eastwood painted his wagon.
LunarTeaHouse
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:52 am

Dis you get to season 3 of Badlands? I'm not a big fan of the... maybe like first and a half of the second but season 3 is doing much better. imo. I also noted a lack of The Expanse. I recommend it. I keep forgetting to watch Peaky Blinders mainly because I watched one or two episodes and will have to re-watch having forgotten everything.

I want to thank whoever it was here that mentioned Letterkenny though. I'm caught up but am saving the just released season for a full binge session. A great show.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby LunarTeaHouse » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:56 am

I might be able to give Badlands another try, mostly because Sunny is easy on my eyes and the fight scenes are entertaining, even though they laugh in the face of physics. I really think the acting is super cheesy, some of the characters are meh, and the story is... basically non existent.

But I LOVE the costumes, and the use of color in the show is amazing. So many shows have that washed over, gray look. But Badlands makes everything POP! I want the Widow's Regent's costume so badly!

I haven't heard of the one you mentioned, but I will check it out if you think I'd like it. I'm into dark, mildly gothic stuff like Peaky Blinders/Black Mirror/Terror or cops/robbers/lawyers shows. :lol: I don't like sitcoms or most comedies, my type of humor tends to be rather dark.

This is the most embarrassing piece of work since Clint Eastwood painted his wagon.
LunarTeaHouse
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:53 pm

The Expanse might be more bleak than dark and more punk than Gothic, considering it's scifi but that's not too dissimilar. As for the law and order types, off the top of my brain, Longmire was a well rounded show. It's sorta modern Montana cowboy sheriff procedural that doesn't rely too heavily on over arching threads. Another timekiller if ya run out :)

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:24 am

Harrow, an Australian show about a forensic pathologist. I’m watching episode six (of ten in the first season) on Hulu, and I think it’s not bad.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Australia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Anna and the Apocalypse is as fun and bonkers as I was hoping it would be. Yeah, it's a movie and I couldn't possibly be watching it now (that's not a torrents joke, I did literally just get back from the cinema) but I figure it's not a big enough movie to start a thread about and this seemed as good a place as any to recommend it. It starts like every other cheesy musical but progressively gets darker and more ridiculous. There's a mustache-twirling headmaster and he's one of the most entertaining villains of the year.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby NathanLoiselle » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:56 pm

Supergirl. It's super!

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:33 am

Night Gallery. Only the last two seasons (of three) are on Hulu. My mom always said she was terrified of this show when she was a kid.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:51 am

I thought I had posted here about it, but apparently not. I recently was looking for a new show to watch on Amazon Prime and came across Corner Gas, and, after making sure it didn't have a laugh track, I was pleasantly surprised that it is FANTASTIC. To me, it's on the same level as 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, and Blue Mountain State, just so you know what my standards are. I finished last week and I kinda miss it!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

PreviousNext