[Mobsters RP] Week of February 1st, 1925

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: [Mobsters RP] Week of February 1st, 1925

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:15 pm

Armed/Edged Roll: 14
Difficulty: 8
Margin: 6
Knife Damage: 8

Total Damage: 48 = Incapacitated

Mugger falls unconscious, begins bleeding out. Will die within the hour unless given effective medical treatment.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:27 pm

Casey flushes as the mugger falls. There's nothing quite as satisfying as a clean kill, even of a derelict like that.

Well, clean is a relative thing. She wipes off the blade as best she can on the mugger's clothes, and makes a quick search of his pockets.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:44 pm

Combat Time - Conclusion

She finds $3.44 in his wallet, along with a small yellowed white card that says:

"Piedmont Charcuterie, 103 Clouet St.

Back Entrance".

In his coat pocket, his resilience is explained in the form of an opium pipe.

Complication - Encounter Time

Casey realizes that the front of her clothing is covered in blood. Knife fights may be quiet, but they are messy.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:03 am

Casey scowls at the address. Probably an opium den, from the looks. Maybe she'll ask that horn player if he's familiar with the place. She pockets the card and cash and throws the wallet away. They can bury him with the pipe, for all she cares.

And yes, the blood. Can't have any fun without needing to clean up afterwards. She removes her overcoat and gloves, turning the coat inside out and hastily folding it to carry over the shoulder. Hopefully a bit of spatter on her jeans won't raise too many eyebrows as she goes home to change. Stick to the side streets, move fast, and be ready to bolt. This isn't the first time she's fled a crime scene.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:17 am

Encounter Time - Conclusion

Casey makes it back to her apartment without further incident.

Crunch Time - Complication

What does she do next?

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:39 am

She didn't accomplish as much recon as she wanted, but it's probably best not to head back out for a while. Getting the blood out of that coat is going to take time, anyway. Hopefully it isn't dry yet. She changes clothes, pulls out the washboard, and lights a reefer.

If all stays quiet, she thinks, she'll head to the restaurant later in the evening and see how that job with Morty is coming together.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:52 am

Jimmy has earned some goodwill and knocked off a chunk of his debt, but with the restaurant currently being in no shape to host musicians, he needs a more immediate source of income. He heads out to Frenchman St in Riverbend.

The area is known for its musicians, and he figures he can play for a couple of hours. At worst, he'll earn a couple bucks busking. If he's lucky, someone with connections might notice him and get him a steady gig.

He'll also be in the heart of Mandiz territory, so if he keeps his eye out he might be able to get something juicy to bring back to the gang.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby roobeastie » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:14 am

Evie figures the best way to start getting the information they need is to just ask for it, therefore she approached the receptionist with a smile. "I'm looking for the tax records for the Beauchamp Grill, please." A slight quaver sneaks into her voice as she continues. "My siblings and I inherited it when our parents passed..."

roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Livvie is happy to pay the 30 dollars for the still and flashes a demure but coy smile at Mr. Harrison when he offers to drive it over after the store hours, "Oh, Mister Harrison, that would just be delightful. I can't tell you just how much I appreciate it."

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:03 am

Evie and Dolly

Evie's acting roll: 14

"Oh you poor things."

The secretary is more than happy to help. She runs through an index book and scrawls down the relevant file number, directing the women to the annex next door. The information they're asking for is open to the public anyway, but she seems especially sympathetic, and hospitable talkative in only the way that southern women are known to be. "Are y'all getting ready to sell the joint on, or shave a few nickels off your tax bill? I've got a directory of realtors here if it's the former, or I can get you an appointment with the Parish Assessor if it's the latter."

Livvie

What, if anything, does the Gin Witch do with herself for the rest of the day?

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:19 am

"We have no intention of selling the restaurant, " Dolly says firmly. "When's the earliest we can meet him?"

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby sunglasses » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:32 am

Livvie wanders about, observing people as she does.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Mari » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:22 am

Marì approaches the soda jerk and asks to rent a table for a few games, loudly stating that she needs the practice. She selects a solid looking pool cue and begins knocking balls around willy-nilly, with her tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth, a look of intense concentration on her face.

Mari
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby roobeastie » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:43 pm

Dabbing at her eyes, Evie glances back at Dolly before addressing the secretary again. "As she said, we don't want to sell the place, so if you could arrange a meeting that would be wonderful." She sniffled softly. "It's the only thing we have left of our parents, you see..."

roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:48 am

Bloody Mary

The soda jerk chargers her a half dollar. As she practices, the pool sharks puff their cigars and look over at her in curiosity between shots. A few minutes in, a man in a brown coat and flat cap, working-class lookin' fella, enters the pool hall and proceeds to the far side, with the doorway to the staircase. The large man nearby steps in front of the threshold, and pulls the newcomer's coat apart, patting him a few times.

"I'm a friend of Jack's" says the newcomer.
"Any friend of Jack is a friend of mine" says the doorman, letting him pass and returning to his place against the wall.

Evie and Dolly

"Looks like he's got tomorrow after lunch at the earliest." says the secretary. Just then, a balding bespectacled man in a three-piece suit appears in the doorway behind her. He takes one look at Evie, and he puts on an accountant's version of charm, an aristocratic drawl pouring out of his mouth like honey and molasses. "Pardon me for overhearing, but I was just on my way out. My name is Hiram Caldwell, I'm the Parish Assessor. Debbie, make that a lunch appointment why don'tcha. It would be unchivalrous of me to let a pair of fine ladies such as ya'selves endure such a tragedy in needless discomfort. I've myself fine relations with the maitre d' at Antoine's".

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

PreviousNext