[Mobsters RP] Week of February 1st, 1925

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: [Mobsters RP] Week of February 1st, 1925

Postby IamNotCreepy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:50 am

"Ok, here's what I got. Right here's the main loading bay. It's got two guys guarding it. There's also a back alley door with only one guy guarding it. I also got a peek inside. There were three more guards hanging around inside. There were some workmen in there loading and unloading crates, but I'm guessing they are civilians and have no interest in getting shot."

Jimmy gives detailed directions as to the exact location of the warehouse.

"See, good ol' Jimmy always delivers."

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Absentia » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:22 am

Gear: Jeans, shirt, overcoat, leather gloves. .45 Luger (loaded) in hip holster, knife in shoulder holster. Reefer, lighter, and fourteen .45 rounds in pockets. $269.50 dispersed between pockets, brassiere, etc.

While Felice is out scouting the city, Alley Cat makes a careful survey of the restaurant's immediate surroundings. In her line of work, there are many things that are better planned in advance than made up on the spot.

Where would be the best places to lay (or expect) an ambush? What are the escape routes if things get too hot? Where's the best place to stash a body or two in a hurry? How much of a police presence is there on the street? What about drug pushers?

That last one might be more about pleasure than business, but still: it's important to be prepared.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:43 am

Deacon enters the restaurant, his mildly bloodshot eyes immediately twitching around, scanning for any signs of a threat; even if he had nothing to be worried about, the burnt part of the building reminds him just a little too much of bombs and trenches for his nerves to handle. Nothing pops out right away, so after a moment's hesitation, he pads up to the others, gently waving at his sister and tousling Jacques' hair on the way. However, he remains silent for now.

The bits of conversation he's overheard on the way in bounce in and out of his head, some parts and meanings eluding him, but his ears perk up once he realizes the topic is guards and a warehouse -- Mandiz guards and a Mandiz warehouse. His heart races at the thoughts brewing in his head; it doesn't matter how minor, he's been aching to show any Mandiz man he can exactly why he's gotten the name "Buckshot". Probably by shooting 'em.

It's the boss's call -- he doesn't trust himself to do anything on his own right now -- but he deeply hopes he'll get the chance.

Gear: Leather jacket, gloves, fully loaded 9mm pistol in jacket pocket (+enough ammo for 1 full reload), knife, knuckledusters, cigarette lighter, reefer cigarette
Cash: $261, secured evenly throughout pockets, jacket lining, and shoes

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:45 am

"Hello, everyone," Dolly smiles as she enters after Deacon. Their seven-year-old makes a beeline for her cousin.

Dolly flips through the pictures. "This is a really good lead. Still, six armed guards in total. That's not nothing. Whatever you men are going to do, do it carefully." The last remark really is meant for just one person, as she looks at her jumpy husband. Steady.

She hands the photographs back to Mike. "We should leave soon, Evie. As it is we'll probably be hitting our heads on walls all day long; standing in lines, explaining the same thing to multiple people... but hopefully you'll be able to speed up that part of the process," she laughs. "Don't annoy your dad or uncle, Nona. Be nice and helpful and I'll bring you back an ice lolly."

Gear
Wearing: Plain collared day dress, overcoat, hat, watch
Bag: Handkerchief, notepad, pen, newspaper, derringer
Cash: $10 ($5: dress pockets, $3: inside pocket of coat, $2: bag)

Plan of the Day
1. To the Batcave offices of Revenue Dept.!
2. I'm driving plz.
3. Evie @ bureaucrats " :) "
4. Get paperwork/other stuff!

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:03 pm

""These dastards", a voice cried out on a bustling sidewalk, "they take these poor creatures, these unicorns, and they slaughter them! They incorporate them into their technologies. These savages use the posterior of the unicorn as a great weapon that shoots beams of destructive energy! Are we really going to idly stand by while these poor creatures are slaughtered by the herd for nefarious purposes"! While most people ignored her, Altea Aldini did notice a few sparse claps from the passing crowd. "Thank you, thank you.You can follow me on The Tumbler, a newsletter-y writ I contribute to. We cover everything from labor activism to whatever it's called when someone claims to be an anarchist but supports the Soviet Union!". Feeling accomplished, Atea changed into some lab clothes and a gas mask, and then walked into the building where she was to work.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Mari » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:28 pm

“Bloody” Marì Callaghan walks in and scans the restaurant. “Sorry for being late, I just stepped off the train last night”. She recognizes her cousin’s sons and gives them a curt nod. “I heard what happened, it’s time I made myself useful”. With that she leaves the shop with the intention of rustling the bushes to see what flies out.

Gear on hand: dress, trench coat, leather gloves, two knives, one grenade, $100 cash.

Mari
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:14 pm

"Now, I think we have a great opportunity to give the Mandiz outfit a black eye and make off with some valuable goods. That being said, all-out war would leave us all dead, and I am highly averse to being dead. So as I see it, anything we do needs to not lead back to us.

"I am not the planning type, but I know a thing or two about making people believe what I want them to. And in this case, I'd want the Mandiz gang to believe they were being ripped off by one of the other gangs. So we go in there, throw around a few Italian phrases to the workers as they're high-tailing it out of there, and boom! There's enough Italians in this city to keep the Mandiz gang busy for months."

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Scarik » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:12 am

"Yeah, these are good, Jimmy. Keep it up and people might start to like you," Mike says.

"The plan for today is still the plan. Come back for supper and we can go over these some more," he fans the photos, "and write some death certificates."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby roobeastie » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:52 am

It's clear that the pictures from Jimmy were worth reducing his debt to them, at least a little, which gave Evie hope that they could make things work before they got dragged under by their parents' debt. She had some reservations before, but considering everyone involved they certainly had quite the team in place.

"I'm ready when you are, Dolly." Evie was looking forward to both spending some quality time with her sister-in-law, and with doing her part to help. The Callaghans' had been dragged into this mess, and Evie would be damned if she let it cause too much tension between everyone.

"Jacques, be a good boy, and make sure to share your toys with your cousin," she murmured before kissing her son on the cheek. "And you," she grinned, kissing her husband on the cheek as well. "Don't do anything too reckless while we're gone."

roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:25 pm

Sorry for the delay, school has finally calmed down. As I said in the OOC thread, we'll go through things on shorter timescales before those on longer timescales, so those of you performing day-long tasks haven't been forgotten, you'll just get resolution after people going through encounters are done.

Encounter Time - Complication

Gin Witch:

Streetsmarts Roll: 11

Livvie knows that while getting ahold of a still on the black market might take some doing, almost every hardware store in the country has the necessary components to build her own still, and has had them prominently on sale for the past five years. When she starts window shopping over at Harrison and Sons Hardware, she finds funnels, copper tubing, coffee pots, thermometers, and barrels all grouped together in the same row. A sales assistant, young chap with slicked hair and a striped apron, one of the Harrison boys, clears his throat and points to an entire stack of an old issue of Scientific American on a rack nearby, instructing the American public on how whiskey was once produced, so that law-abiding citizens don't run the risk of doing it on accident.

All total, she can get the makings of a 5-gallon still that she can run on the top of her stove for $30. She doesn't have with her the means to carry it all back to her apartment, but young Mr. Harrison offers to drive it over in the evening, after store hours.

Evie and Dolly

Evie and Dolly take the streetcar to the city center, and come to the Orleans Parish Assessor's Office. It is a small assortment of dimly lit rooms on the second floor of an administrative building. The recetionist asks how she can help them. What is their approach?

Bloody Mary

Streetsmarts Roll: 14
Search Roll: 9

It doesn't take her long at all to come across a seedy-looking pool hall in an alley off of St. Claude called Piscine. It's got a peeling green door, a common signifier of an establishment hiding a speeakeasy. Inside, there are a few billiard tables and a few sharks smoking cigars and enjoying a game, and a bored man behind a soda bar. On the far side of the room is a doorway that seems to lead to a stairwell, with a large mixed-race gentleman in a hat and overcoat leaning against the wall beside it, with folded arms.

Alley Cat
As a well-dressed young woman wandering the dark alleys of the Riverbend on her own might expect, it doesn't take very long to hear the tell-take metallic flip of a switch-blade and the accompanying gruff ultimatum of a guttersnipe to "give me your money". She looks behind herself, and though the light is poor, she sees a stubble-faced middle aged man in ragged looking clothes, standing two yards behind her.

If she decides to resist him, we will enter combat time.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:42 pm

As she reaches under her shirt for her own blade, the thought occurs that she could almost certainly outrun this guy instead of letting things get messy. But they don't call her Alley Cat for nothing, and to be accosted like this in her element is just an insult.

She turns swiftly, knife in hand, giving the hood her best steely gaze. "Get lost or get cut."

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:52 pm

Complication - Combat Time

Whether it be hunger or hooch, the man is possessed by something that bears no heed to Casey's warning, he steps forward, but his arms are sluggish and Casey is well prepared for him.

Turn 1 - Round 1
Initiative: Casey 21, Mugger 6

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:58 pm

Cpt._Funkotron wrote:Complication - Combat Time

Whether it be hunger or hooch, the man is possessed by something that bears no heed to Casey's warning, he steps forward, but his arms are sluggish and Casey is well prepared for him.

Turn 1 - Round 1
Initiative: Casey 21, Mugger 6

Action 1: Draw knife and close distance.

Action 2: Attack.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:05 pm

Armed Edged Roll: 12
Difficulty: 10
Margin: 2
Knife Damage: 8

Total Damage: 16 = Heavy Wound

Mugger loses all remaining actions for this round, takes Injury penalty of -2, and move speed is reduced by half.

Initiative: Casey 1, Mugger 0

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:08 pm

Can't say I didn't give him a chance.

Action 3: Attack

Absentia
TCS Moderator