How good a reader are you?

Discussion, in general

Re: How good a reader are you?

Postby DoglovingJim » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:01 am

286wpm with 91% comprehension but the one I got wrong was the one I was planning to press correctly (I hate smart phones).

I'm not the sort of guy to speed read, many times I end up analsying deeply the text and if there are words I'm buggered with I get a dictionary on hand. For example scripture isn't the sort of thing one would speed read unless its those darn family trees in the OT, and even for pleasure I'm usually reading educational texts (when not reading crime thrillers) so I also am doing side research to gather further context when something particularly interests me.

So I'd probably have like 7wpm in those cases.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Re: How good a reader are you?

Postby cmsellers » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:14 pm

DoglovingJim wrote:For example scripture isn't the sort of thing one would speed read unless its those darn family trees in the OT

Fun fact: I tried to read the Bible from cover to cover once at age ten. When I got to the begats, I thought that it was important information. After several attempts to memorize them, I gave up on reading the Bible completely.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Previous