The rant thread.

Discussion, in general

Re: The rant thread.

Postby Aquila89 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:06 am

I did actually use a hair dryer to dry it. I thought if I dry it instantly, the pages won't stick to each other.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:52 pm

At SacAnime. Cosplaying Astolfo. Getting some nasty remarks.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby cmsellers » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:49 pm

I got a replacement for the car that was totaled and I need two new tires. My mother wants to do the cheapest thing, which looks like it is going through Discount Tires, a national chain. The closest one is twenty minutes away. In order to order tires and have them sent to the store, I need to come in in person, which I estimate would take at least an hour out of my day, in addition to the gas and stuff.

If my time were worth pretty much anything this would make it not worth going with them (remember I also need to come in a second time to actually have the tires installed). I do not see why they cannot take credit card payments over the phone or how this "come in in order to place an order" model is even sustainable for them.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:56 pm

Their website doesn't seem to have deliver to store as an option. They need to get on top of that. They have trucks going there probably a few times a week and to the other stores in the area. May as well have a customer order dropped off while they're at it.

I love the logic behind it. You need tires. Buy our tires. We will send them to your house. You bring them and your ca ha ha har to our establishment and we put them on. Unless you want to do it yourself at home. In the September furnace.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:08 pm

Where do I start, I'm not a happy person.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Malfeasinator » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:33 am

DoglovingJim wrote:Where do I start, I'm not a happy person.

You're not alone.

I don't know if I'll ever be one of those people that is full of pep and vigor, or gets excited about things. About anything. I don't think that's a thing I am able to feel anymore.

I think the Sunk Cost Fallacy kept me alive during the hard times. Not my own sunk costs, mind you, but the sunk costs of others. I just kept thinking about all the time, and effort, and love, and money that people spent on me.

My appendectomy alone was a huge financial burden. My appendix burst. It required me staying the hospital for a long time, and even recovery at home took months, because the infection had to be cleaned every day. I had this open wound that got changed with new gauze and I got tickled on the inside with a Q-tip with hydrogen peroxide on it to swab out whatever brown stuff was still there.

I couldn't do a lot of physical activity and I constantly smelled like the most rancid farts (and I amused myself by pretending I didn't know it was me), but my Mom put up with it every day, for months on end.

Then later, I had a bad accident on the road... when I was 13. There was another trip to the hospital. More surgery, this time to my face. The left side still doesn't quite line up with the right, but the guy was really good and did the best he could on short notice. It could have been a lot worse, or so I was told.

I look back on old photos of family members who have passed on, and sometimes it doesn't feel real that they were once in my life. The number of people I share that connection with is few, and shrinks over time. I don't want to shrink that number for them even further.

Still, I look at those photos sometimes and I feel ashamed. I feel as if I've squandered all their love; that I have not become worthy of what I have been given in my life. Sometimes I even apologize to these pictures of people who aren't here anymore as if I could somehow still communicate with the person they were then.

I want to do better with my life, but most days I doubt that I still can. I want to be the person I feel like I should be, but the sense that - that it could be real - that I could be that guy - slips further and further away.

I guess I just need to find something to keep me busy. I don't think I'm going to work out any profound answers while I'm still in the fog.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby jbobsully11 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:46 am

My iPhone stopped being able to hold a charge yesterday, and is now essentially a hilariously expensive paperweight (seriously, even trying to put in my password kills it). Today, I got around to calling Apple, and after waiting on hold through three songs, learned that apparently there's some kind of recall with the battery in the model that I have. So I have an appointment for Saturday to bring it in and let them throw it out and recommend a new one work their voodoo legitimate mad tech skillz on it, because apparently just upgrading your phone isn't a thing anymore. Oh, but apparently I have to log into my account and turn off the "Find My iPhone" app, otherwise it won't work. Because reasons.

Meanwhile, I found an old flip phone of mine, and decided to activate it. I found out who to call, followed their instructions, and... nothing happened, because of course not. So I'm going to call again tomorrow morning.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Grimstone » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:33 pm

Come over to the dark side, Jim.

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:01 pm

Grimstone wrote:

Considering today I saw a certain someone with a new man I'm kind of considering it, but does the dark side have free WiFi and complimentary fingerfood?

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:49 pm

DoglovingJim wrote:
Grimstone wrote:

Considering today I saw a certain someone with a new man I'm kind of considering it, but does the dark side have free WiFi and complimentary fingerfood?

If you count "bringing your computer to a cafe" and "leeching free samples from grocery stores" as "free" or "complimentary," sure.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby DoglovingJim » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:15 am

jbobsully11 wrote:
DoglovingJim wrote:
Grimstone wrote:

If you count "bringing your computer to a cafe" and "leeching free samples from grocery stores" as "free" or "complimentary," sure.

Edit:
Can't even get a darn gif working anymore...

Last edited by JamishT on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Even I had trouble getting it to work -JaT

DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:06 pm

DoglovingJim wrote:As of 11:00AM
I took my old lady to the dogwash earlier today to get her washed since it is winter and I didn't want to leave her cold washing her outdoors myself. Anyway she got cleaned good however the woman there said that I should put her down because she is unable to control her bowel movement (despite her prior comment that she was "a very happy dog"). This infuriates me so much how callous some people can be and how quick they are to call for euthanisation (it sort of influenced my own harsh views regarding executions), I have had many experiences with putting dogs down in my years of life but she does not fit the bill.

I would only ever put down a dog if they are in chronic pain, I wouldn't even think of it just because they are a bit of an inconveniance to clean/clean-up-after.

That woman has no place in a dog cleaning business (considering the normal customer is for furry rodents from snobs I guess she realised that a real dog is too much for her).

As of 7:00PM
My... My darling had a stroke. I was playing fetch with her and she was more active than usual, she had a very busy day. Anyway I was outside and she had a mini-stroke, I stayed by her side because nobody wants to be alone but yeah... Once they start having strokes, the likelihood of it occuring again dramatically increases. So I'm going to have to spend time with her and process the fact that the end may be soon. If another happens and she dies then she dies, but this will be of her own accord and by my side.

After several minutes she was able to get back on her feet and refused to leave by my side whereas usually she would go off and do her own thing, so I think she was a bit scared. She sure as hell wasn't the only one...

This makes me even more infuriated with the woman at the dog-cleaner because in my mind she tempted fate.

Another day, another rant...

My tailgate lock malfunctioned today, while I was making a turn, in open traffic, with my frail darling leaning against the door.

Certainly had a fright when she fell out of the car with upcoming traffic ahead, had to swerve my own car and basically jump out running while praying I wasn't too late.

Now as the direction of this rant is geared towards the lock and not the unspeakable then I can happily tell you that Australia has got at least one good driver and that my old lady is tougher then she looks since the high-speed roll didn't hurt her too bad.

But still. What the heck. Now I gotta get one more thing fixed in this car, it's not even 15 years old yet and I have to replace the lock. What sort of shoddy crap are they making nowadays?

DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:10 pm

You lie during job interview process, you're either not hired or face termination if your lie is uncovered.

Employer lies during job interview process, *shrug*.

Not relevant for me currently but has been an issue for me in the past. I'd get promised a set amount of hours and it would be far less, the scope of the job duties would quickly increase far beyond what someone would agree to for the wage, just overall bad memories of previous job hunts.

Also here's my example of what the average business is looking for in an employee:

Must be willing to work days, nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Minimum 3 years experience in field required (must have degree to get hired in field)
Must be proficient in obscure software
Must be willing to stand, sit, and lift their body weight constantly through the shift
401k offered after a year, no company match
Medical and dental benefits offered but who are we kidding they're so expensive we know you're going the ACA route
For recruitment purposes we're listed as being in your area but really, we're like 50 miles away, hahahaha
Will start part time at a dollar above minimum wage but has potential to be well compensated full time position
Bachelor's degree preferred along with you being a self starter who doesn't have bills to pay or outside interests

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Anglerphobe » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:22 am

Channel 5 hosted Bellator 206 in the UK right up to the instant before the fighter entrances of the main event, before cutting children's television. Fuck you, Peppa Pig.
I had been enjoying the card as well. This is the first time I've ever watched mma with my girlfriend and it was actually quite good fun. Though drunk and sleepy, she was enjoying it. She fell asleep a few fights ago, too, so I have no one to complain to about this except for this forum. Fucking Peppa Pig. Seeing a ferocious, bloody fight in a cage wouldn't have done early rising children any harm.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby DoglovingJim » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:29 am

DoglovingJim wrote:
DoglovingJim wrote:As of 11:00AM
I took my old lady to the dogwash earlier today to get her washed since it is winter and I didn't want to leave her cold washing her outdoors myself. Anyway she got cleaned good however the woman there said that I should put her down because she is unable to control her bowel movement (despite her prior comment that she was "a very happy dog"). This infuriates me so much how callous some people can be and how quick they are to call for euthanisation (it sort of influenced my own harsh views regarding executions), I have had many experiences with putting dogs down in my years of life but she does not fit the bill.

I would only ever put down a dog if they are in chronic pain, I wouldn't even think of it just because they are a bit of an inconveniance to clean/clean-up-after.

That woman has no place in a dog cleaning business (considering the normal customer is for furry rodents from snobs I guess she realised that a real dog is too much for her).

As of 7:00PM
My... My darling had a stroke. I was playing fetch with her and she was more active than usual, she had a very busy day. Anyway I was outside and she had a mini-stroke, I stayed by her side because nobody wants to be alone but yeah... Once they start having strokes, the likelihood of it occuring again dramatically increases. So I'm going to have to spend time with her and process the fact that the end may be soon. If another happens and she dies then she dies, but this will be of her own accord and by my side.

After several minutes she was able to get back on her feet and refused to leave by my side whereas usually she would go off and do her own thing, so I think she was a bit scared. She sure as hell wasn't the only one...

This makes me even more infuriated with the woman at the dog-cleaner because in my mind she tempted fate.

Another day, another rant...

My tailgate lock malfunctioned today, while I was making a turn, in open traffic, with my frail darling leaning against the door.

Certainly had a fright when she fell out of the car with upcoming traffic ahead, had to swerve my own car and basically jump out running while praying I wasn't too late.

Now as the direction of this rant is geared towards the lock and not the unspeakable then I can happily tell you that Australia has got at least one good driver and that my old lady is tougher then she looks since the high-speed roll didn't hurt her too bad.

But still. What the heck. Now I gotta get one more thing fixed in this car, it's not even 15 years old yet and I have to replace the lock. What sort of shoddy crap are they making nowadays?

20181019_170552.jpg
20181019_170552.jpg (180.53 KiB) Viewed 4736 times

11:45pm 19th October, 2018.

DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext