Things that are things.

Discussion, in general

Re: Things that are things.

Postby Windy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:20 am

I was going to post something inflammatory in CASS again but then I realized CASS is dead like my hopes and dreams and will to live.

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:09 am

Windy wrote:I was going to post something inflammatory in CASS again but then I realized CASS is dead like my hopes and dreams and will to live.

Oh don't be like that, what inflammatory thing would you like to post?

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby JamishT » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Please do be like that and resist posting inflammatory things for the sake of being inflammatory.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Krashlia » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:47 am

Windy wrote:I was going to post something inflammatory in CASS again but then I realized CASS is dead like my hopes and dreams and will to live.

Let me guess: You were ready to rip those lefties a new one, before realizing that those lefties aren't there to rip. Thats when you made the realization that Hitler was too slow to make before railing on "insurance agents", or that I was forced to think about the moment the possibility that Alternet could become pay-walled came up:

You need them.
They argue with you, get your blood moving and your nerve cells hot, and it makes you feel good. You just need to be specifically angry about something, and make them angry about it. If you're good enough, you could even manage to get the mods involved. Its achievable, and all you need is only one inflammatory post. But, once its all gone, the vote is passed, the parties have moved on, minds have changed, and the talk falls to silence... then what?... Where? Just... (Hyperventilation) Damnit!... DAMNIT! Where in the HELL am I going to get my validation? a Right-wing source? Real-life?! You can't just do this! PLEASE! I NEED YOU!

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Windy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:42 am

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:13 am

I joined my town’s Democratic club recently, and was somehow sucked into campaigning for Mikie Sherrill today. It wasn’t too bad, though; I drove a neighbor around to tell people to come out and vote, and she did most of the talking. We covered a lot of houses.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby cmsellers » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Good for you. Well, as long as you're not campaigned for Bob Menendez.

I have never been involved in a political campaign, though if Tammy Duckworth were to run, that might change.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby IamNotCreepy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:50 pm

cmsellers wrote:Good for you. Well, as long as you're not campaigned for Bob Menendez.

I have never been involved in a political campaign, though if Tammy Duckworth were to run, that might change.

I don't know, if she is able to run, she should be able to get out there and stump for herself.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:53 pm

How can you demand that Tammy run? You know she ain't got no legs!

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:46 pm

My phone is being weird. It’s plugged in (with a real Apple cord), but it doesn’t say it’s charging. Meanwhile, the battery percentage is going up, but slowly.

On an equally frustrating note, my school sent a survey out to alumni and I’ve filled it out three times, but it keps getting erased. The first time, my computer decided to restart; the second time, the “save” button on the form led to an error that ruined everything; and the third time, the “submit” button did the same thing. Maybe the site saw my sarcastic comments about how screwed up that place is.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby cmsellers » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Edited: OK, nevermind.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:52 am

Today I was behind a Mazda with three stickers on the back: Rick, Morty, and ... Pickle Rick.

I don't know anything about the driver of that car and already hate them.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:54 pm

I turn on the ol' youtube yesterday and one of my favorite rappers, Vinnie Paz, was on Joe Rogan's podcast. I know he has an album coming out tomorrow but I did not expect him to be on Joe Rogan's radar let alone Joe be a fan of his. If Joe is going to talk with hip-hop luminaries he should have MF DOOM on. That guy has led an interesting life.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby cmsellers » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:17 pm

I am looking at the menus for the restaurant where Ted Cruz was accosted by anti-Kavanaugh protesters. It is a Michelin-starred restaurant, and yet I was looking at the menu and thinking "these prices don't seem too bad." Then I realized that I was looking at the lunch menu. The dinner menu requires you to order at least a "3 course" (actually six course) meal for $115.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Windy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:19 am

I found my soul mate

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep