Intrusive thoughts

Discussion, in general

Re: Intrusive thoughts

Postby NathanLoiselle » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:48 am

The only thing I tell the cops when they pull me over is that Bert's mom is a whore.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Australia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:53 am

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby ghijkmnop » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:50 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby Malfeasinator » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:50 am

It's been different things at different times in my life.

The more I think about it, the more I dig up. I'm not sure that's good for me.

I've deleted this message about 4 times now, because I don't want to overshare.

Lately it's just thoughts of someone I'm missing, that I know doesn't miss me back. It's not like this is even the first time I've been through something like this. I know I'll be relatively okay in time, but it's just that right now sucks. I keep having this urge to call, or text, or something, but then I think about the last time I did that and got "who are you?" in response. I'm not going to turn into a stalker.

And if it's not that, it's "hey, what I should have said was..." , or all these other genius ideas that I wished I'd had back then, but didn't, or I think maybe I should have listened more, or all this other 20/20 hindsight bullshit.

Time will smooth out the rough edges of memory. I'll get there.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:54 am

Malfeasinator wrote:It's been different things at different times in my life.

The more I think about it, the more I dig up. I'm not sure that's good for me.

I've deleted this message about 4 times now, because I don't want to overshare.

Lately it's just thoughts of someone I'm missing, that I know doesn't miss me back. It's not like this is even the first time I've been through something like this. I know I'll be relatively okay in time, but it's just that right now sucks. I keep having this urge to call, or text, or something, but then I think about the last time I did that and got "who are you?" in response. I'm not going to turn into a stalker.

And if it's not that, it's "hey, what I should have said was..." , or all these other genius ideas that I wished I'd had back then, but didn't, or I think maybe I should have listened more, or all this other 20/20 hindsight bullshit.

Time will smooth out the rough edges of memory. I'll get there.

I get those same thoughts mate, you're not alone. Sometimes I think it's the reason I have insomnia.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby pikajew » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:21 am

About an hour ago, a much-disliked coworker texted me about some nonsense drama she's been causing and my first thought was "smash your phone now and then smash the mirror!"

Logic won out and I've been trying to settle down but I'm fighting the voice in my head that says "email the owner of your company and tell him everything about what's going on in the office, CC your shitty office manager, then quit!"

pikajew
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Darth

Postby cmsellers » Sat May 23, 2020 6:33 pm

Recently, I've had the idea in my head that I want to get a pet gerbil solely to name it "Goebbels." Wouldn't harm him, because he's a gerbil, but would belittle him (or her, I guess, doesn't really matter) like he's an actual Nazi. Which would be a bad idea regardless, but as a white person living in one of the most diverse cities in the US, I think this is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever had. And yet, if I did, I could say "look at the little Goebbels" in a baby talk voice and pretend I have a Nazi propagandist in my power.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby cmsellers » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:42 am

I'm not sure if this is an intrusive thought or a verbal tic, but I have a habit of excitedly muttering "I have birds!" or "I have birbs!"

Now, I keep starting and catching myself.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby NathanLoiselle » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:45 pm

I never should have called Bert's mom a whore. I'm sorry Bert's mom.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Previous