The rant thread.

Discussion, in general

Re: The rant thread.

Postby cmsellers » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:59 pm

Saturday I noticed that when I go above 65 MPH, my car sort of seemed to pull against me. I am going to San Antonio tomorrow, so I took it to my normal mechanic. They could not figure out what was causing it, so they took it out on the road.

A car driven by an older gentleman pulled out in front of the driver, and totaled both cars. Fortunately he had insurance. Also fortunately, my mechanic gave me a loaner car so I can go to San Antonio.

When I got in the loaner car, I noticed that the visor does not stay up, and was distracted by that and the whole losing my car thing. I pulled out, still shaken up, and smashed the tail light of a car behind me. I am going to go back on Wednesday to get my stuff out of my car, deal with the tail light I smashed, deal with disposing of the old car, and look into getting a new one.

Also, I forgot the garage door thingy, so I went in the front door to open the garage, and my house key is now stuck in the front door. Today has been a good day.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:02 pm

You didn't even have to use your AK.

Oh, this is the part where I halfass shadetree diagnose your car trouble. Hmmm. I got noffin.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby cmsellers » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:25 am

My ear infection spread on Monday to my lymph nodes on the left side of my neck. I did not even mention that because of all the other stuff that happened. (On, in light of the circumstances the garage charged me at cost for replacing the tail light I smashed, but it still cost almost eighty bucks, so that is awesome.)

By yesterday, the swollen lymph node was really bad, to the point it hurt to eat or sleep on that side, but I cannot fall asleep without switching sides several times, so that was fun. And as I was getting ready to go to bed, I started getting pain in my left ear.

So I went back to urgent care, explained the situation, and got a six-day course of steroids and some Flonase prescribed. Only they sent it to the wrong place. I was very, very clear with them that I had my prescriptions the last two times sent to HEB because my regular pharmacist was not open at the time, but now they were, and I wanted then sent there. Said it was no problem and sent them to HEB anyways. I waited half an hour at my pharmacy, called them, waited ten minutes on hold, then waited another half hour for the scrips to actually go through.

The good news is that the prescriptions seem to have worked somewhat. Within an hour, the ear pain was gone completely (it is back now, but milder), and the lymph node pain was reduced by 2/3. So that is good, right? Except that I have been getting heartburn repeatedly all afternoon and night, and Tums is not much help.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Tuli » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:14 pm

So German Ryanair pilots are planning a strike next week. Guess who's got tickets to Berlin next Friday? My trip is under a huge question mark right now because apparently the pilots only have to give 24-hours notice before striking in Germany. They've said the union is negotiating with Ryanair until the 6th of August, but after that it could happen at any time! This is very annoying because I'm flying out of Riga, which means a long distance bus ride to the airport (4.5 hours) so ideally I'd already buy the tickets for that. Also I need to read up on what my rights are in case of a cancellation, like how do I get to Berlin in that event...

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Experimental Protrude

Postby cmsellers » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:17 am

And now I have a flat tire on the loaner car. AAA is coming to change it for the one on the back, but I assume I will have to pay the garage for a replacement unless somehow their insurance covers it. What a week this has been.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:58 am

cmsellers wrote:And now I have a flat tire on the loaner car. AAA is coming to change it for the one on the back, but I assume I will have to pay the garage for a replacement unless somehow their insurance covers it. What a week this has been.

That happened to me as my brother and I were driving to my dad’s house earlier today. Fun fact: apparently, ‘03 model Jeeps have a lock on one nut on the spare tire, and the last owners didn’t put the key anywhere in the car. Also, most garages close somewhat early on Sunday. So we had a tow truck leave it at a place by where we were, and my dad picked us up.

Next-day edit: The key was, in fact, in the car (in the glove compartment, not by where the tire iron and other supplies were). I’m stupid.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby NathanLoiselle » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:10 am

You know I've found that if I go 65mph or over the people in my trunk really complain. It's distracting and I'm getting really tired of it.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:00 am

NathanLoiselle wrote:You know I've found that if I go 65mph or over the people in my trunk really complain. It's distracting and I'm getting really tired of it.

Have you tried duct tape?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:39 pm

Don't. It leaves too much residue behind. I mean you could clean it off but that's more time and more things that can be potentially found and subsequently used against you as evidence.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby DoglovingJim » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:28 am

As of 11:00AM
I took my old lady to the dogwash earlier today to get her washed since it is winter and I didn't want to leave her cold washing her outdoors myself. Anyway she got cleaned good however the woman there said that I should put her down because she is unable to control her bowel movement (despite her prior comment that she was "a very happy dog"). This infuriates me so much how callous some people can be and how quick they are to call for euthanisation (it sort of influenced my own harsh views regarding executions), I have had many experiences with putting dogs down in my years of life but she does not fit the bill.

I would only ever put down a dog if they are in chronic pain, I wouldn't even think of it just because they are a bit of an inconveniance to clean/clean-up-after.

That woman has no place in a dog cleaning business (considering the normal customer is for furry rodents from snobs I guess she realised that a real dog is too much for her).

As of 7:00PM
My... My darling had a stroke. I was playing fetch with her and she was more active than usual, she had a very busy day. Anyway I was outside and she had a mini-stroke, I stayed by her side because nobody wants to be alone but yeah... Once they start having strokes, the likelihood of it occuring again dramatically increases. So I'm going to have to spend time with her and process the fact that the end may be soon. If another happens and she dies then she dies, but this will be of her own accord and by my side.

After several minutes she was able to get back on her feet and refused to leave by my side whereas usually she would go off and do her own thing, so I think she was a bit scared. She sure as hell wasn't the only one...

This makes me even more infuriated with the woman at the dog-cleaner because in my mind she tempted fate.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:23 am

Went to get the sunday newspaper outside and someone took a crap in the front of my home, like a literal crap. Now I know why my younger dog was going crazy by the gate earlier, there is crap and bundled up toilet paper.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Australia » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:37 pm

When will dogs learn to clean up after their owners?

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:12 am

Does anyone know how the hell Zelle works? I’ve had money sitting in an account with them for a while now because my regular bank isn’t... compatible with them or whatever. I opened an account with a bank that is, but I still can’t figure out how to get the money in an account that I can use. The internet seems to think that either I should be able to send myself the money (which hasn’t worked) or that it should just magically appear in my bank account (which, again, no).

EDIT: Never mind.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Aquila89 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:08 pm

Just dropped my brand new book in the bathtub. It's kind of amazing how much damage a few seconds in water can do to a book.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby ghijkmnop » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:37 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

PreviousNext