PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:00 pm

Round 3

Another course is served and Rashad is just setting-to when, sharp-eared as usual for talk and gossip, a choice phrase uttered just within earshot catches his attention.

"...devil-worshipping heathens..." and then someone elsewhere raises their voice and he misses he rest of the sentence. But he listens carefully after that. If it refers to anyone at court, the possibilities are limited. The noise dies down a fraction, "...use of his keeping them here? The heathen lord has probably forgotten both whelps."

That would seem to be conclusive.

Almost any other time, the proud young Saracen would have rounded on the offender with a sharp word and a ready challenge. But he is enjoying this evening, it would be a shame to let an ill-bred oaf spoil it for him, and making a scene here and now would endear him to no-one. Besides, if he was aiming to still every Christian tongue that ever slandered the true faith, he'd never have a moment's peace. Eavesdroppers never do hear anything good about themselves.

He takes care not to show that he has overheard, for surely some would seize the excuse to brand him a coward, and then he would have to show them their error - but takes note of who was speaking.

Drew card: 83 - Malicious Slander. Succeeded Modest

Round 4

Rashad suppresses a groan as his cousins begin to join the dancing, the singing, or the music. He is not gifted - nor even capable, to be truthful - at any of those. Why did he not take the opportunity to leave the hall while he could? But there is no help for it, so he forces a smile as he follows Renier to the musicians. He is even worse at singing and dancing.

He takes up a lute, slightly less complicated to play than the harp his more talented kinsman is beginning to pluck, and plays as quietly as he thinks he can get away with, hoping that he is not striking too far from the correct notes.

Failed Play

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby roobeastie » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:34 am

Shadi
The more Sir Shadi speaks of her homeland, the more wistful the look in Lady Giselindes' eyes gets. It makes her want to travel to be able to see such splendors. Once the knight finishes, the maiden has come to a decision some might consider rash if they could read her mind. Uncaring of who might have an issue with what was going on, Lady Giselinde stands, smirking at Sir Shadi. "I don't know about you, but I could do with some fresh air. Shall we?"

roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Chaomancer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:40 am

"It would be a delight to accompany you, my lady," Sir Shadi says, standing and giving Giselinde a small bow. The joy of sharing her tales is always strongest with someone who so clearly appreciates them, and the knight's eyes shine as the two of them withdraw to take a walk.

Chaomancer
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:18 pm

Singing

Also, did Rosa get lucky in the previous round? I couldn't tell.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby panda1594 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:59 pm

Round 2

Smiling warmly as Matthaeus sits, Adele says, "No, not at all Matthaeus." Not wanting to seem too pushy, Adele, Arying to get to know Matthaeus, she asks him to tell her something about him that she doesn't know.

Trusting 10

Round 3

With a little back and forth of getting to know each other. They seem to be getting along, knowing she's going to get beat no matter what they play, Adele suggests playing a game of Les Dames.

Gaming 9, Opponent 8

Round 4

Laughing, Adele claims, "well that was fun. Let us not do that again. Let us take a walk around the room." As they are walking, I wonder if he would like to dance. With no second thought, Adele grabs Matthaeus' arm and begins to dance.

Dancing 11

panda1594
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby bydawine » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:03 pm

Singing

The minstrels stop suddenly as Leufroy begins a beautiful, but unoccasional, hymn.
"What? Nobody wants to dance to Be Thou My Vision? No one?" Leufroy sighs and mutters "Heathens" under his breath.

bydawine
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:26 pm

I'm not sure anyone wants to hear a dog sing.

But I mean, I will

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Scarik » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:16 am

A good time is had by all, and people take time to compliment Renier on his excellent harping and Ragnar on his light feet.

And with that the feast draws to a close and the revelers break off in small groups to their lodgings.

The Cousins are all quartered in the barbican at the north gate in the western tower where they share several small rooms including a common room through which the guards access the roof as their level is just above that of the walls. The eastern tower of the North Gate has similar lodgings but is reserved for the family of the Knight of the Gate. Currently that means Sir Egier, his squire, Lady Ermeline, her handmaids and her chaperone, Dame Eloise.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:02 am

The next day the guests have left and the Duke calls his knights to court. It is a simple, typical affair though his announcement is anything but.

King Pepin has called on him to join Prince Carolus on an expedition south to reign in an unruly province. For that he will take 40 knights and 500 men-at-arms of his own and lead the other forces from the Duchy of Ardennes. In his absence he appoints Sir Egier, the Marshall, to command the garrison and patrols and to see that the situation with the robber knight and the strange wolf is settled.

It takes a week to muster the force and it takes several days before everyone knows their role. Among those remaining behind are all the Cousins. Sir Egier specifically requested each of them and within hours of that information getting out its the talk of the city that they were picked to recover the sacred relic and to put down the devil wolf.

When the Duke has left Sir Egier calls them all together and puts the matter to them for their counsel.

If you have a preference for which adventure, or how to resolve it, make that known.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby WaitingCynicism » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:05 am

"I will help with the wolf."

WaitingCynicism
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby bydawine » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:14 am

"This bandit knight must be brought to justice and the holy relic recovered."

bydawine
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Chaomancer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:39 pm

"I will help face the bandit knight," Shadi says, nodding decisively. "Such outlawry cannot be tolerated, after all."

Chaomancer
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Baeraad » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:50 am

"I will help deal with the wolf - can't have Geri get shot by some terrified peasant who mistook him for a demon, har!"

Baeraad
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:01 am

"I am fine with either," Renier says easily. "I shall go where you want me to, cousins, Sir Egier."

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Jellicle » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:29 pm

"The robber knight is the more pressing issue, milord. If he is not caught and punished, many more may be tempted to outlawry. But there will always be wolves, and superstitious peasants to tell tall tales."

Jellicle
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

PreviousNext