Things that are things.

Discussion, in general

Re: Things that are things.

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:14 pm

I've yet to see them cook outside.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby IamNotCreepy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:09 pm

How about Christmas decorations? Do they go all out and try to outdo everyone else?

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:39 pm

Ah. So they hide their propane and propane accessories addiction.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:17 pm

I've noticed a lot of really unhealthy certified organic foods like palm sugar and coconut oil. Now, the benefits of foods being organic are questionable at best, while the benefits of not eating refined sugar and saturated fat are well-established. My first reaction was "this seems as silly as organic tobacco." Then I googled it. Organic tobacco is also a thing.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:03 pm

Everything in this world has an organic variant. Everything is also being politicized.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:46 pm

I find it entertaining to mentally replace the word “organic” with “carbon-based” whenever I see it applied to random foods.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby cmsellers » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:02 am

I've altered my diet so that I'm trying to lower my saturated fat intake, which unfortunately means that I can now only rarely eat cheese, which might well be my single favorite food. Now, there's four main ways I ate cheese before: thinly-sliced semi-hard cheeses, string cheeses (mozzarella and Oaxaca) divided into strings, in quesadillas, and (with certain cheeses like halloumi and panela) pan-fried in olive oil.

I still haven't found an adequate replacement for the first three ways I eat it, but for all that it's a terrible meat substitute, I've determined that fried tofu is a good substitute for fried cheese. It's distinguishable, but still as the texture that I like about it.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:59 pm

IamNotCreepy wrote:How about Christmas decorations? Do they go all out and try to outdo everyone else?

No it's just the lawn mowing. I mowed Friday so I'll be very surprised if I don't hear a mower today. I was shocked to not hear it yesterday.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:57 am

A notification is constantly popping up that says "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." along with that comes that 3 note notification sound. So to fix it, I went to the control panel and changed the notification sound to (none). I'm a hacker.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:29 am

One of my cousins is moving to Fort Worth, TX. Her husband’s job said he had to move out there, and he said not unless they offered a boatload of money. So they offered a boatload of money.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Tuli » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:19 pm

I have discovered the wonder that is Jeff Goldblum. Of course I knew of him as an actor before but I'd never seen any interviews or anything so I really had no idea. But he is so delightfully weird and charming and hilarious! It's just amazing. If I got to meet one celebrity in my life, it should be Jeff Goldblum.

Goldblum cooking

Goldblum looking at memes

Goldblum on Conan (there are a lot of clips of him on the Conan show and they are all fucking hilarious)

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Experimental Protrude

Postby IamNotCreepy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:59 pm

Tuli wrote:I have discovered the wonder that is Jeff Goldblum. Of course I knew of him as an actor before but I'd never seen any interviews or anything so I really had no idea. But he is so delightfully weird and charming and hilarious! It's just amazing. If I got to meet one celebrity in my life, it should be Jeff Goldblum.

Goldblum cooking

Goldblum looking at memes

Goldblum on Conan (there are a lot of clips of him on the Conan show and they are all fucking hilarious)

You're welcome.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:02 am

So, my dad is teaching the first semester at an ESL Summer middle school program, and I was with him today to observe, and starting Monday, I has job now as a TA. :3

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby cmsellers » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 pm

I had to go to San Antonio today, and was held up by the longest, strangest funeral procession at a street I needed to cross.

It took about fifteen minutes for all the cars to pass. Most funeral processions I encounter only take about five, but fortunately, going to San Antonio I usually leave myself a half-hour buffer and this one was worth seeing for its weirdness. The mourners were whooping and honking like people whose sports team just won a game. About 1/3 of them had decorated their cars with tributes like it was a wedding or a yearbook. Most of the drivers were also holding their phone outside the car window while they were driving.

My first thought on the phones is that they were filming it for some reason, then my second thought was they were doing the "using phones as lighters" thing people do as concerts (but really, you shouldn't be holding a phone or a lighter out the window while driving), but then I saw that most of the people holding out phones were actually filming the scenery as they went by after all.

Based on the cars, the deceased was known as "Boo Boo." I saw a bunch of cars with tributes to "Boo Boo" written on them and not one with this person's actual name. So when I got back, I tried googling "boo boo funeral austin 2018" and putting "boo boo funeral" into Google News. No results.

Who is this "Boo Boo" person whose death can shut down East Austin for fifteen minutes and whose apparently massive cadre of loved ones treat their death like party or a concert? I still have no fucking idea and it's going to drive me insane.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:01 pm

Sounds like the name of a dog?

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep