President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

Postby JamishT » Tue May 29, 2018 6:11 am

I can't believe that I'm the first one to post the President of the United State's official statement on Memorial Day in this thread:

Which, to be fair, was followed several hours later by (these are excerpts of the speech he gave at Arlington with video clips beneath them on his actual Twitter, but I like this bot's version of his tweets better):

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Aquila89 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:53 am

Trump's official Facebook page also announced that "In honor of Memorial Day, we're doing 25% off all #MAGA gear!" I don't think that Trump personally manages that page though.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Wed May 30, 2018 3:35 am

Aquila89 wrote:Trump's official Facebook page also announced that "In honor of Memorial Day, we're doing 25% off all #MAGA gear!" I don't think that Trump personally manages that page though.

Responses to Previous statements:
"A bit weird, but Okay..."
"Okay..."
"Okay..."
"Okay..."

Facebook Trump: Memorial Day "MAGA Trump!" Hat sales! 25% off! "GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!" shirts 50% off!!! GET THEM TODAY!

"...Damnit."

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Delta Jim » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:00 pm

"I'm innocent. But, hypothetically, if I was guilty I could totally pardon myself. But I won't need to because I'm innocent. But, you know, just saying that can do it if I needed to. Which I don't."

Of course, as I mentioned about 10 months ago, the ability for the president to preemptively pardon someone is dubiously legal and the Constitution explicitly states the president can't block his own impeachment.

Edit:

Right after I posted I found this:

So, no, he does not actually have the absolute right to pardon himself. I guess this also hits on the issue in my other post on this topic about how if it was possible Nixon would've done it.

Delta Jim
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Not Very Notable

Postby Aquila89 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:04 am

Chuck Grassley, (R-Iowa) Chairman of Senate Judiciary Committee reacted: "If I were President of the United States and I had a lawyer that told me I could pardon myself, I think I would hire a new lawyer."

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:36 pm

I don't even understand what Trump's talking about. I'll quote his tweet from this morning:

Separating families at the Border is the fault of bad legislation passed by the Democrats. Border Security laws should be changed but the Dems can’t get their act together! Started the Wall.

Dog. You're the man. You're the President and your party has both the House and Senate. If it wasn't happening before then what legislation did the Democrats pass since you took office that enabled this? And if they can't get their act together then maybe you should have someone in your party get a bill moving along at Patriot Act speed so it can stop. Excuse making fuck. What wall btw? Who's paying for that? My eventual grandkids?

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:47 pm

Right back atcha. Doubling up on the I really don't understand where Trump gets his horrible information from (it rhymes with Box Boos) and he should wait before shitting out tweets. I'll quote yet again:

The Philadelphia Eagles Football Team was invited to the White House. Unfortunately, only a small number of players decided to come, and we canceled the event. Staying in the Locker Room for the playing of our National Anthem is as disrespectful to our country as kneeling. Sorry!

Nice. When did they stay in the Locker Room during the playing of the Anthem? Just wondering since it's implied that they did that or took a knee during the Anthem. Oh they didn't. Idiot just slurps Fox News like everyone else his age.

It's that easy to manipulate the President and people will still defend him. Great for comedy, not so good for the evolution of the human race through time.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby Delta Jim » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:07 pm

iMURDAu wrote:Nice. When did they stay in the Locker Room during the playing of the Anthem? Just wondering since it's implied that they did that or took a knee during the Anthem. Oh they didn't. Idiot just slurps Fox News like everyone else his age.

It was a Fox News thing where they showed a picture of some Christian players praying in the locker room before the game (as some players do) and tried to imply that it was them protesting.

I believe there's a term for this sort of thing, but I can't quite remember it. It was something like "fictitious account". Or maybe it was "spurious announcement".

Eh, it'll come to me eventually.

Delta Jim
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Not Very Notable

Postby Aquila89 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:31 am

Why does he Capitalize some random Words? It's really fucking annoying.

--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:19 am

Delta Jim wrote:
It was a Fox News thing where they showed a picture of some Christian players praying in the locker room before the game (as some players do) and tried to imply that it was them protesting.

I believe there's a term for this sort of thing, but I can't quite remember it. It was something like "fictitious account". Or maybe it was "spurious announcement".

Eh, it'll come to me eventually.

Misrepresentation?

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:00 pm

Trump is getting drunk on pardon power. He just said that he's considering a pardon for Muhammad Ali, who was sentenced to five years in prison for draft evasion in 1967.

“He was, look, he was not very popular then, certainly his memory is popular now,” Trump told reporters as he prepared to leave the White House on Friday en route to a Group of Seven economic summit in Canada. “I’m thinking about that very seriously, and some others, and some folks that have some sentences that aren’t fair.”

But Ali's conviction was already overturned by the Supreme Court in 1971. There's nothing to pardon. It's funny though that Trump wants to pardon a man who refused to go to war because it conflicted with his Islamic faith, and because he didn't want to fight for a state which he considered oppressive and racist. Ali said at the time: "Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go ten thousand miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights?"

But "his memory is popular now". So a pardon for him, and a condemnation for the NFL players who protest during the national anthem. And for the NFL players who don't, like the Philadelphia Eagles.

Maybe he will pardon Mike Tyson after all. In 2017, Tyson said that Trump promised him a pardon.

--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:37 am

Under the Presidential Record Act of 1978, all memos, letters, emails and papers the president uses has to be preserved and sent to the National Archives. Trump, however, has a habit of tearing apart the papers he's done with and throwing them to the trash. Aides tried to make him stop, but in vain. So, government officials had to tape the papers back together with Scotch tape. Solomon Lartey, a veteran government official who was recently fired without a warning or an explanation described it:

Lartey said the papers he received included newspaper clips on which Trump had scribbled notes, or circled words; invitations; and letters from constituents or lawmakers on the Hill, including Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

“I had a letter from Schumer — he tore it up,” he said. “It was the craziest thing ever. He ripped papers into tiny pieces.”

Lartey did not work alone. He said his entire department was dedicated to the task of taping paper back together in the opening months of the Trump administration.

One of his colleagues, Reginald Young Jr., who worked as a senior records management analyst, said that during over two decades of government service, he had never been asked to do such a thing.

“We had to endure this under the Trump administration,” Young said. “I’m looking at my director, and saying, ‘Are you guys serious?’ We’re making more than $60,000 a year, we need to be doing far more important things than this. It felt like the lowest form of work you can take on without having to empty the trash cans.”

--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:03 pm

Just wait until he discovers the cross-cut shredder.

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:05 pm

There's a joke in there somewhere about government work.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:17 am

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets