US/North Korea Talks Proposed

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: US/North Korea Talks Proposed

Postby blehblah » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:48 pm

China - "Hey, whatsyourface, go say nice doggy until we find a bigger..."
North Korea - "Okay, okay, I get it, can I get some movement of money, some fuel, some solids, brahs?"
China - "We'll get back to you, but you remember the first part, right? Play it like you mean it."
North Korea - "Fine, jeeze..."

Trump - "Denucliarization, denucklearization, de... SUMMIT!"
North Korea - "Dotard is bowing to meet as your mighty leader, all that starvation was totally worth it, everyone!"
Trump - "Blah, blah, blah, blah, deknuclearazation, like never before, everyone, so mighty am I!"
Trump - "Nobel Prize, Nobel Prize! Gawsh, who, me? Cancel Iran, I just won!"
North Korea - "Hang-on, that's not on the table, let's meet, on equal terms, and I just won, gotcher number, k'bye."
Trump - "Blah, blah, blah, NO, I said NO first, great excellency of amazingness, because you were not nice!"
North Korea - "Heh, but you woulda, wouldn't you? You totally woulda."
South Korea - "Okay, okay, as helpful as Trump has been, maybe we could..."
North Korea - "Go on..."
South Korea - "FFS. Hey, can we just figure this out, some way, some how, because the big (and getting bigger) Asian brother in this neighbourhood supports this as leverage in China-US trade stuff, ever heard of ZTE..."
North Korea - "Suuuure, photo-op, we're down with that"
Trump: "How about steel, aluminum, things like that?"
China: "That's the Eu and Canada - different thing, brah"
Trump: "I thought it was you guys... okay... gotcha... MAGA!"

World - "?"

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby Marcuse » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:04 pm

Trump has officially confirmed that the summit is "back on" after cancelling it a week ago. He's trailing that they may be moving towards a formal ending of hostilities between the Koreas as part of them. My assumption is that this is expectation management, nobody truly thinks NK will give up nukes and NK knows Trump isn't pulling his forces out of SK. This is a middle ground that costs NK nothing, and gives Trump a large apparent diplomatic victory he can tout as progress in the world.

In a way, it kind of is if it happens. It'll probably win him a fucking Nobel Peace Prize (they gave Obama one before he even fucking did anything so...). I don't know exactly how much it would change in reality, and in the end this seems to be how much window dressing they can change without actually altering a jot about the practical situation in the region.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:12 pm

If Donald J. Trump wins a fucking Nobel for getting into so many dick-measuring contests with an enemy nation that he "wins" by dragging us down to their level, I don't think I'll ever stop screaming.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby Aquila89 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:41 pm

Marcuse wrote:In a way, it kind of is if it happens. It'll probably win him a fucking Nobel Peace Prize (they gave Obama one before he even fucking did anything so...)

That could be an argument for why he won't get a Nobel Peace Prize; the committee is biased toward liberals.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:30 pm

In Washington, Trump met with a diplomat from North Korea. The diplomat brought a letter from Kim.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... t-10332408

"Lots of people tell me Kim licked it all by himself, just for me. How swell is that?"

Speaking to reporters outside the White House, Trump said it was “a very nice letter” but did not reveal what was written.

“How would you like to see what was in that letter? Would you like, how much, how much, how much? It was a very interesting letter and at some point I may be, it may be appropriate and maybe I'll be able to give it to you. Maybe, you'll need to see it and maybe fairly soon,” said Trump.

This came just a week after Trump abruptly cancelled the summit in a sharply worded letter, only to revive preparations shortly afterwards.

Trump said that after Friday's talks, the parties are "totally over that and now we're going to deal and we're going to really start a process”.

You can't make this shit up.

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Cobra-D » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:01 pm

blehblah wrote:In Washington, Trump met with a diplomat from North Korea. The diplomat brought a letter from Kim.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... t-10332408

Spoiler: show

"Lots of people tell me Kim licked it all by himself, just for me. How swell is that?"

Fun fact: that envelope is actually regular size.

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:46 pm

Trump would've been an awful Deal or No Deal model. *shudders*

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Ceiling_Squid » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:36 pm

Seeing the man's own speaking diction written out really makes it clear - he's a rambling mess.

I don't know if we've had a LESS eloquent president.

Hell, forget eloquency. I'll just take basic coherency. I think that's a low bar to ask for when you're involved in delicate diplomacy.

Ceiling_Squid
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:32 pm

Because Giulliani is the gift that keeps on giving, he had to wade into the North Korea stuff.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44390112

Speaking at a conference in Israel, Mr Giuliani said Mr Trump's tough stance had forced Pyongyang's hand.

Mr Trump called off the summit in May, accusing North Korea of "tremendous anger and open hostility".

But plans for the 12 June bilateral in Singapore were revived after a conciliatory response from Pyongyang.

Mr Giuliani was speaking at an investment conference in Israel when he made the remark.

The Wall Street Journal first reported that Mr Giuliani said: "Well, Kim Jong-un got back on his hands and knees and begged for it, which is exactly the position you want to put him in."

I... it's just... exactly the position... hands and knees... begged for it... could... just... *exasperated sigh*

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Cobra-D » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:43 am

blehblah wrote:Because Giulliani is the gift that keeps on giving, he had to wade into the North Korea stuff.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44390112

Speaking at a conference in Israel, Mr Giuliani said Mr Trump's tough stance had forced Pyongyang's hand.

Mr Trump called off the summit in May, accusing North Korea of "tremendous anger and open hostility".

But plans for the 12 June bilateral in Singapore were revived after a conciliatory response from Pyongyang.

Mr Giuliani was speaking at an investment conference in Israel when he made the remark.

The Wall Street Journal first reported that Mr Giuliani said: "Well, Kim Jong-un got back on his hands and knees and begged for it, which is exactly the position you want to put him in."

I... it's just... exactly the position... hands and knees... begged for it... could... just... *exasperated sigh*

Sigh, I’ll call to cancel the Singapore resevation and see if we can’t get our deposit back.

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby JamishT » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:55 am

If it does happen, the North Koreans don't want to pay for their hotel rooms, but they want to stay at the Fullerton Hotel in Singapore.

Right now, Singapore and a nuclear nonproliferation organization have said that they're willing to cover the costs.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Marcuse » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:04 pm

I'm surprised nobody has posted in here yet. It happened.

Trump met Kim in Singapore as previously stated. They spoke for about 40 minutes and came out with a broad agreement to denuclearise the Korean peninsula, America would stop or reduce their military exercises with South Korea, and they seemed to also agree something relating to the bodies of US servicemen still on North Korean soil from the 1950 Korean war.

The highlight of the summit was when Ri Jong-Ho had to swap the pen provided for signing the agreement because Trumpy had provided pens with his signature in gold on it. Imagine it...

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Marcuse wrote:The highlight of the summit was when Ri Jong-Ho had to swap the pen provided for signing the agreement because Trumpy had provided pens with his signature in gold on it. Imagine it...

I think the highlight was the movie trailer Trump showed, depicting him and Kim as heroes bringing about world peace.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby blehblah » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:18 pm

The contrast with the G7 summit fiasco was stark.

Trump and Kim validated their mutual appreciation, tremendously.

Trump's press conference after the meeting is here:

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/06/12/p ... ng-un.html

Kim didn't make it to the presser.

Trump wrote:Chairman Kim is on his way back to North Korea, and I know for a fact, as soon as he arrives, he's going to start a process that's going to make a lot of people very happy and very safe.

Sure.

Trump's answer to the first question was familiar; wow, this guy took-over a big thing, and he was young, and that's difficult, mucho appreciation.

It goes on from there...

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:40 pm

Marcuse wrote:I'm surprised nobody has posted in here yet. It happened.

Trump met Kim in Singapore as previously stated. They spoke for about 40 minutes and came out with a broad agreement to denuclearise the Korean peninsula

Really quick considering the all the hype. I thought it will be longer. (Yeah, I'm setting myself up, I know...)

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext