[Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: [Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

Postby Kivutar » Fri May 25, 2018 3:13 am

"Wenchang!" says Dewang. "Do you want to avenge your friend Dang's honour, or no?"

He turns to the Bull. "How could we get him to turn against Liang Ju and work with us?"

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby CarrieVS » Fri May 25, 2018 11:29 pm

"Need we enlist his help?" Baozi interjects. "Would it not be enough to keep Liang from going to him for aid, by one means or another?

"If he is the first person Liang would turn to, then I would not hold out much hope of the pirate's agreeing to make alliance with soldiers against him. Nor would I be very quick to trust his word if he did. And that is besides the time it would take to find and treat with him: we mustn't neglect our duties too long for the sake of this quest."

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Ladki96 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:29 am

"Exactly! Hundreds of li for a pirate, and we don't even know if he will be on our side. If you wish Dewang, write him a letter, but the rest of our efforts should be focused on finding Liang Ju."

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Kivutar » Sat May 26, 2018 7:31 pm

Although he hardly imagines it will help, Dewang writes a letter condemning Junyou and warning Zhou Cang not to help him.

"He deceived your beloved sister," he finishes. "Do not let him deceive you."

Dewang writes fast, but not fast enough to finish before Scarik's post below.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sat May 26, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Sat May 26, 2018 7:40 pm

Senlin shrugs at Dewang, "Who knows. They are like brothers ever since Liang Ju lay with Zhou Yuyan, maybe there is some wedge between them, maybe there is not."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:58 pm

"Well, assuming he will not help us, we must rely on ourselves. After all, Liang Ju is just as far away from him as we are, he would have to evade us and run quite a distance to truly feel safe.

"Back a dog into a corner, and it will turn and bite. The only way to resolve this in our favour is to subdue him without engaging in an all-out war with his company, for that will surely drive him off. We should go into the valley, find the man, trap him - perhaps with the aid of your Vixens," he glances at the extra archers having seemingly appeared out of thin air and now surrounding them," - and issue a personal challenge, such a one that he will find it hard to turn it down."

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Wed May 30, 2018 4:07 am

After the talking is done the unlikely alliance is sealed with wine and rice and they march half a day before making camp below a sharp rise.

Senlin takes them up i where they can look down on the valley below in the fading light.

"You horses will only be able to travel along the river banks or the winding trails that lead to them, Buffalo Soldier, " she says offhand to Wenchang, "Liang Ju will surely see you long before I see him but if he believes you are alone will he believe you are fool enough to come by such a direct route?"

Insults aside she seems to actually want an answer.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:12 am

"I cannot magically tell you what runs in that man's mind, but Liang Ju may not be very surprised if I rode down there and challenged him. Others have complained of this straightforward nature of mine before," he smiles at Dewang who only shakes his head.

"And if he has any honour left in him, the Wolf will want to avenge the death of his lover, his decrease in fortune, and for driving him to hide," Wenchang waves a hand at the valley beneath them. "I know I would."

He peers below. "It is a beautiful place to run to, I will give him that." Why does she look at him so?...Proud woman!

"What is your grievance against him, anyway?" he abruptly asks.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Thu May 31, 2018 2:26 am

Senlin listens to Wenchang and studies the valley until he poses his question.

She snaps out of here partial reverie and scoffs, "Who cares. First you plead for a bandit's help and only now wonder why she agreed?"

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Thu May 31, 2018 2:45 am

Dewang shakes his head again and turns to Senlin apologetically.

"Excuse my friend. He is honest, sometimes overly so."

He hesitates a moment and adds "I understand that you hate Liang Ju for the same reason I do, more or less."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:08 am

"I wasn't suspecting you of something," argues Wenchang. "All I said was-" but Dewang gives him a look here, and he mutters something under his breath but subsides.

Senlin surprisingly remains quiet, instead of snapping back as usual. Why doesn't she say something? She turns to look at the valley again, paying no attention to Dewang's words. Wenchang feels like kicking himself. Why did he have to open his mouth? He won't let it end like this.

"I am sorry," he blurts out. "You have a right to keep your reasons to yourself. The alliance has been sealed, and I have no reason to believe you would break it. I shall not ask you anything anymore."

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Thu May 31, 2018 5:03 pm

At first Senlin seems about to retort again but one of her sisters nudges her and she instead just grunts, "Agreed."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:40 am

With nothing further to say the group sets out down into the forest valley.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:13 am

Dewang looks up at a few clouds in the sky. The air is clear and just a little crisp.

He nods to himself. It will be easy today.

The scattered clouds vapourize softly.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:17 pm

The country is dense and the company is poor but at least the weather holds and by the end of the first day Wenchang's cavalry have located signs of Junyou's company. They make camp in a secure location and set off in the morning according to Baozi's plan.

Its then three more days of careful maneuvering, knowing the master of ambush is just ahead of them. Finally, on the fourth day the Vixens fan out to cut off escape but they encounter a long ridge that goes on for a dozen li to either side of a rise running north-south before it shows any signs of turning east.

Naturally, that is where they encounter The Gentlemen of the Hills and Streams.

"A fine morning for a reunion is it not?" the renegade captain calls out from the hillock. "And this time you've come to see me, and with such odd company," he says as he looks over the part of the force he can see containing both Wenchang's soldiers and Senlin's bandits.

"I'm not surprised at you, Dewang, banditry suits you. But I never would have guessed that the Honorable Wei Yan would become a brigand."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

PreviousNext