[Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: [Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

Postby Kivutar » Mon May 21, 2018 5:05 am

Dewang pulls Wenchang aside. "He wants something for his troubles."

Wenchang glares. "Are you suggesting we bribe him?"

Dewang shrugs. "If it helps us find her faster..."

"Impossible!" Wenchang snorts. "By law, he has to help us. Why should we pay?"

"Do you want to return in time, or no?"

Wenchang wavers. "It isn't right."

"We're looking for a bandit. Do you expect her to obey the law? If we have to pay these people to find her faster, then let's just get it over with."

"Fine." Wenchang pulls out a few coins and hands them to Dewang. "You handle it."

Dewang returns and passes the money along to the village headman. "For your troubles," he says apologetically.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Scarik » Mon May 21, 2018 8:09 pm

The headman bows, "You are too generous, I will send the boys out at once." Even with alacrity runners take time so there's little to do but settle down for the night.

Dawn comes slowly and cold at this altitude even in the summer but when the sun clears the trees the sentries easily spot a plain, red banner with a white, horned skull placed atop it on a hillock ringed with brambles and rocky protrusions.

A dozen cloaked figures wait underneath the banner.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Mon May 21, 2018 9:17 pm

Dewang, Wenchang, and Baozi approach the banner cautiously, leaving the soldiers behind in the village.

When they are within earshot, Dewang steps forward.

"Are we addressing the famous Bull, queen of the Qin Mountain Vixens?" he says, as respectfully as he can.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Tue May 22, 2018 12:34 am

"This the second time in a year that the army has come looking for me," the leader of the band replies though none of them come forward very much nor do they pull back their hoods, but Dewang recognizes her voice as the one who challenged Junyou.

"My sisters think I should shoot you all where you stand then do the same to your soldiers, but you are more polite than I expected and so I am intrigued as to what you want of me."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:41 am

This is too much for Wenchang. A bandit who hides her face and dares to threaten the lives of his soldiers? As sweet her voice, as casually it hides its poison.

"As much as you love your sisters, I do my brothers," Wenchang begins cuttingly. 'Rest assured, if we wanted an all-out war with you, we wouldn't be speaking, madam!' Ah but he can't say that, already Dewang looks alarmed. He takes in a deep breath.

"We have come out here today because we both apparently have a common enemy. Liang Ju. The cowardly bastard is hiding in these forests, but I have vowed to see him punished for his crimes.

"You know this area well. Where we could search all year and not find him, you would in days. Where you may have trouble with him fleeing, we have the men and the intelligence," he gestures at Baozi, "to effectively trap him and force him to deal with the both of us. An alliance seems mutually beneficial."

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Scarik » Tue May 22, 2018 7:15 pm

"I long for Liang Ju's death as I long for the sun at midwinter, but his crimes are no different than my own," she says, clearly skeptical.

"What assurance can you possibly give me that you won't take this opportunity to execute my band as well as his?"

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Tue May 22, 2018 11:17 pm

"Ma'am," Baozi breaks in, stepping in front of his friends, "I expect that if we ever seek you out again, we will be your enemies. But I would not have let us to get into this position, where you could shoot us and then our soldiers, without some means of convincing you not to. I do not take you for a fool."

He reaches for his sword, and everyone, on both sides, stiffens in alarm. But he unbelts it from his waist and drops it on the ground behind him, and walks forward, stopping only a couple of paces short of the Bull and her companions. "You have done nothing to me: I have no reason to want your death badly enough to put myself in your power, unarmed, if my friends meant to betray you. Let us at least talk about what we might do and how, and if you wish, I will remain your guest until our business is concluded."

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Scarik » Tue May 22, 2018 11:30 pm

The Bull nods to her two closest guards and they step forward with their hands on their knives to flank Baozi. The Bull herself pulls back her hood to reveal her white mask and then removes that as well. As she does so her companions likewise take down their hoods but they do not remove their own masks.

Baozi and Wenchang can now see (As Dewang did the last time) that they all tie their hair back like men though they do so with long, trailing ribbons of red silk.

"Very well, scholar, I am Niu Mu Senlin, the Bull of the Forest and Queen of the Qin Mountain Vixens. What is your name?"

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Tue May 22, 2018 11:54 pm

Baozi is not perturbed by the guards' deliberate threat: the Bull has little to gain by harming him - for now, anyway. And if she did, he'd think of something.

"I am Mao Xu Baozi." He can think of nothing to add, so falls silent and avoids meeting her eyes.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Scarik » Wed May 23, 2018 2:23 am

"A bundle of scrolls and yet you wear a sword," she laughs, "Fascinating."

She then looks out over the the others and comes down from her perch with Baozi in tow. As she does five score more archers seem to materialize from the surrounding woods to join her. She walks up to the cavalry soldiers and looks them over.

"Jing Luo, I know your sister, and Guang Jou did I not uphold my promise to your father?"

Wei Yan knows well each member of his troupe and so everyone turns to see that the two men called out are doing a poor job of being downcast.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:56 pm

Wenchang is angry. How can Baozi place himself at the mercy of the she-devil just like that? He cannot let the man do this. It is only because of him that they are here at all! He takes a step forward, but then the bandit reveals herself and speaks calmly with the scholar.

Wenchang halts, looking at her. Wait, why did she laugh just now? Did she look at him? He opens his mouth to argue... something, when the woman suddenly descends, along with his friend. It seems to be a done deal.

"Baozi - thank you. I swear you will be released soon," Wenchang tries to apologise as they get near, but again he is distracted as the Bull doesn't stop but walks straight ahead. He turns to see her reach his men and speak to them in a familiar manner. What...? But of course, Luo and Jou are from this area... as are many of the others in the company, he remembers.

Baozi isn't the only one in danger if things don't go well, Wenchang realises with a start. All because of his obsession with revenge. What has he done?

There is only one thing to do then. He needs to see this to the end. Catch Liang Ju, no longer only for his brother's sake. His soldiers have followed him here without question. He will keep their families safe. But first things first.

Wenchang walks over to the cavalry as well. Beauty be damned, he will not let her continue with this open threat. He barks out an order, and the two men are only too happy to leave to fulfil it. He looks steadily at the Bull.

"You have made your point clear, I think. So, let us turn our minds to the business at hand, yes?"

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Fri May 25, 2018 1:52 am

"So direct," the Bull says to Wenchang, "But I concur, let us find our quarry and be quit of this unnatural alliance."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Fri May 25, 2018 2:10 am

Dewang steps forward and holds out the map.

"I doubt you have any need of this," he says. "But it might help with planning."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Fri May 25, 2018 2:37 am

Senlin steps closer and looks at the map.

"Liang Ju will be here," she says pointing to the river valley northeast of Hangu. "He is not in his former haunts to the west or I would know, and he is certainly not fool enough to hide near my territory. That leaves him no recourse but to take refuge in the valleys. You have cut him off from his allies in the army so his only hope is to wait out your wrath or to seek help from the pirate Zhou Cang."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:11 am

"Well, we are certainly not going to that pirate! He's the next man I am going to kill after Liang Ju, for what he's done to my town."

Last edited by Ladki96 on Fri May 25, 2018 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

PreviousNext