Things that are things.

Discussion, in general

Re: Things that are things.

Postby Absentia » Sun May 13, 2018 5:52 am

Aquila89 wrote:
DoglovingJim wrote:Huh, I didn't realise you were learning Mandarin. That's actually pretty awesome, reminds me that I should be trying to practicing another language too (was learning Hungarian but got sidetracked).

Mandarin certainly would be more useful.

People told me to take Spanish because it was useful, but the usefulness mostly extends to restaurant menus. I'd say pursue whatever interests you.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sun May 13, 2018 1:55 pm

In the early aughts I had acquired many rap mixtape CDs and ripped mp3's out of many of them.

A couple days ago my wife was having a nostalgic moment and we decided to see what we could dig up. I don't have the mp3 files for some reason. Idk what happened with that because all my other music from that old computer I managed to burn to disc. I've got a bunch of CDs though! Slap one in the laptop and..... track 1, track 2, track 3. Ah they're all like that.

O dam. Now it seems if the DJ isn't yelling out the artists name and the song title it will be not so easy to identify each song. I'm not remembering if I manually entered the artist/song information into the mp3 when I made it or if I went by long lost liner notes when listening to the CDs and just memorizing who was on what song. I think it was the latter. For now though it'll be like oh yeah this song was Ghostface Killah feat. ??? and idk.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sun May 13, 2018 5:56 pm

Your CD's have lasted around 18 years? Wow, mine don't even last a year.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Mon May 14, 2018 4:46 am

iMURDAu wrote:In the early aughts I had acquired many rap mixtape CDs and ripped mp3's out of many of them.

A couple days ago my wife was having a nostalgic moment and we decided to see what we could dig up. I don't have the mp3 files for some reason. Idk what happened with that because all my other music from that old computer I managed to burn to disc. I've got a bunch of CDs though! Slap one in the laptop and..... track 1, track 2, track 3. Ah they're all like that.

O dam. Now it seems if the DJ isn't yelling out the artists name and the song title it will be not so easy to identify each song. I'm not remembering if I manually entered the artist/song information into the mp3 when I made it or if I went by long lost liner notes when listening to the CDs and just memorizing who was on what song. I think it was the latter. For now though it'll be like oh yeah this song was Ghostface Killah feat. ??? and idk.

If you have an Android phone, Google might be able to help you out. I haven't tried it with my phone yet, but it's supposedly possible.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon May 14, 2018 6:29 am

Well, I finally managed to see the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. Now I've just got to see The Winter Soldier, Thor: Ragnarok, and Spiderman:Homecoming before I can see the latest films.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby DoglovingJim » Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 am

I will never be allowed in the cocktail lounge section of this forum as I don't drink.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Paradox » Mon May 14, 2018 1:41 pm

DoglovingJim wrote:I will never be allowed in the cocktail lounge section of this forum as I don't drink.

I'll make you a sangria with non alcoholic wine!

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby DoglovingJim » Mon May 14, 2018 2:47 pm

Paradox wrote:
DoglovingJim wrote:I will never be allowed in the cocktail lounge section of this forum as I don't drink.

Wait a tick, "two drinks minimum"?

Potential loophole. They never specify in the title what type of drink, I can drink two glasses of milk and then I'm in.

EDIT:
DO NOT POST HERE UNLESS YOU'VE CONSUMED AT LEAST TWO SERVINGS OF ALCOHOL

Drats...

EDIT-EDIT:
EDIT: For those of us who can't drink, try to get "f#cked up" on something and if not, be patient. People here are... well, f#cked up!

Hmm... Messed up you say? Well. Well. Well. I am seriously messed up on something I like to call, the game of life.
Entry is mine...

EDIT-EDIT-EDIT:
I still can't muster up the courage to post on it, I feel like I would be cheating...

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Paradox » Mon May 14, 2018 5:23 pm

They didn't specify what kind of alcohol or how should one consume it.

Use rubbing alcohol to clean your hands. Twice.

There you go!

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby IamNotCreepy » Mon May 14, 2018 6:59 pm

I was browning meat in oil on the skillet yesterday, and dropped it in a little fast. My dumb ass was cooking in my boxers, so I splashed some on my stomach and leg.

Now I have some 2nd degree burns. Yay.

The only reason this is not in the rant section is that my beef stew turned out delicious.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby iMURDAu » Tue May 15, 2018 3:33 am

JamishT wrote:If you have an Android phone, Google might be able to help you out. I haven't tried it with my phone yet, but it's supposedly possible.

Worth a shot but most of those tracks were never released on an actual label or album so I'm not holding my breath.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Tue May 15, 2018 3:37 am

DoglovingJim wrote:
Paradox wrote:

Wait a tick, "two drinks minimum"?

Potential loophole. They never specify in the title what type of drink, I can drink two glasses of milk and then I'm in.
Spoiler: show

EDIT:
DO NOT POST HERE UNLESS YOU'VE CONSUMED AT LEAST TWO SERVINGS OF ALCOHOL

Drats...

EDIT-EDIT:
EDIT: For those of us who can't drink, try to get "f#cked up" on something and if not, be patient. People here are... well, f#cked up!

Hmm... Messed up you say? Well. Well. Well. I am seriously messed up on something I like to call, the game of life.
Spoiler: show

Entry is mine...

EDIT-EDIT-EDIT:
I still can't muster up the courage to post on it, I feel like I would be cheating...

Solution: cold vanilla milk made with vanilla extract

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby NathanLoiselle » Tue May 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Dear god! Do you know how expensive vanilla extract is these days? I'd rather drink Cristal. It'd be cheaper.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:48 pm

The wind just blew half the gutter off the front of my house, and I don’t think it’ll be slowing down any time soon. This started just after I plugged my mom’s comically old GPS into my computer to update the maps for the first time in >10 years, so I’m pretty sure the power is about to go out because why not.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed May 16, 2018 3:23 am

This is clearly the fault of the GPS. My plan is for you to rip it out of your computer and throw it outside to appease the wind gods. It's the only way to be sure.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext