[Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: [Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

Postby Ladki96 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:12 am

Wenchang scans the camp. They are three, perhaps four times larger than his present platoon. He feels some mild regret for not bringing a bigger force, but he remembers his last major encounter with the rebels. If he could defeat them when he was the one ambushed he is sure he could now. He beckons his men closer, and starts to speak.

Accordingly, in a short while Wenchang rides with four others up to the main entrance and begins attacking. As the rebels are alerted and focus on them there comes another five to the side, and then another five on the opposite side and another five at the back, and so on.

20180302_082703.png
Ok the camp could be bigger and less circle-y and we could look little less like giants but you get the idea
20180302_082703.png (345.15 KiB) Viewed 3492 times

Hopefully this works :P

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:56 am

Wenchang's Cavalry vs. Yellow Scarves 2 (Versus Harder)

It turns out to be easier than expected. The mounted force has the encampment surrounded suddenly throwing them into a state of confusion and chaos(1), though they still outnumber them 4:1.

Rather than command the troops Wenchang elects to charge into the thick of the fray and fight personally. He manages to cut down around a dozen rebels by himself(2-4).

The rest too follow the Captain's example and make short work of the rebels(5). Both the leaders on each side quickly identify each other and clash blades, but not for long as Wenchang soon dispatches him too.

No casualties on their side, and every rebel lies dead or bleeding. A satisfactory victory ^^

When they get back Wenchang makes the scouting report in full to Colonel Liu/General Zou/appropriate ppl

(1) Strategy
Wenchang: [(0) (+) (0) (+)] + 2 = 4
Rebels = [(0) (+) (-) (-)] + 1 = 0
Result: Success

(2) Fencing
Wenchang: [(-) (-) (0) (+)] + 5 + 1 (Weapon Master) = 5
Rebels: [(+) (-) (-) (+)] + 0 + 2 (Too Many) = 2

(3) Fencing
Wenchang: [(0) (+) (-) (-)] + 5 + 1 = 5
Rebels: [(-) (+) (-) (0)] + 0 + 2 = 1

(4) Fencing
Wenchang: [(+) (+) (0) (-)] + 5 + 1 = 7
Rebels: [(0) (0) (+) (0)] + 0 + 2 = 3

(5) Troops Round 1
2 FREE INVOKES USED by Wenchang (Surprise! and Charging Downhill) (+2 each)
Wenchang: [(0) (0) (+) (+)] + 2 + 1 (Mounted) = 5 + 4 = 9
1 FATE POINT USED by Rebels (1 PC) (+2)
Rebels: [(0) (-) (0) (+)] + 1 + 2 (Too Many) + 2 = 5

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:55 am

The phantom queen smiles beside Dewang, "Set you mind at ease, priest, those children will trouble you no longer."

Behind them, the stone rolls back into place.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:00 am

Dewang turns around and almost sighs aloud. He should have expected this.

"Have I offended you, My Lady?" he says mildly. "Or have you trapped me here for some other reason?"

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Scarik » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:59 am

The ghost is not aggressive, but still certainly dangerous. She sets down her lantern and closes the distance between them.

"It is lonely with everyone gone. Now we can relieve each other's burdens."

Her earlier warmth is rapidly disappearing and her vibrant aura grows pale. Dewang can feel the chill of death in the enclosed space.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:29 am

Dewang takes a step backward as she advances, stopping when he feels the rock behind him. She is a breath away, and he can see an empty hunger behind her doe's eyes. His guts clench, and for a moment he is reminded of Junyou.

"I would be happy to ease your troubles, My Lady," he says, and she hesitates for a moment, unblinking eyes boring through him. Nothing happens for what seems like hours.

Suddenly she pushes forward again. The tomb seems to fill with fog, and he can feel the Yin energy gathering around them. Ancestors, it is a fog, and he is breathing it in. He -

"No," he says softly. It takes every ounce of his strength, but he pushes the mist aside.

She looks stricken, and falters, and he sees a twinge of fear in her face. Dewang does not relax. A wounded tiger is much more dangerous. If she lashes out again...

"At least, not like that," he adds, reaching out for her hand.

His veins are filled with ice. The lantern is gone. She laughs, and he remembers to breathe. The blood is roaring through his ears. She has no heartbeat, of course she doesn't...

She feels solid, but not real. The rock under him is much warmer, and he pushes against it shuddering. It is like having a lapful of cloud, airy and heavy, muggy and cold, filling his lungs and blinding his eyes. He tries to sit up, and is vaguely aware that his body is moving, but his mind feels paralyzed. He is trapped, immobilized, and only his shell remains, twitching on the floor like some obscene insect.

Then suddenly he is freed. The ghost moans softly, and he feels again that flash of warmth. The massive and intangible weight lifts off him.

The voice beside him is almost playful. "That was well done, priest." She was, after all, a living woman once.

He lies gasping for another moment or two. His wits slowly come back to him, and remembering his manners, he mumbles that he is glad he could do her service.

"Of course you are," he hears, quite faintly this time, and he sees a patch of moonlight where the stone had been. He turns his head stiffly. The ghost is gone.

Dewang slowly sits up. His surroundings feel real now, only a dark earthen room with a hard stone floor, filled with books and dust and trash.

He pulls himself to his feet, pausing when he brushes something lukewarm and sticky on the floor.

Oh. Of course. Of course.

He stumbles through the entranceway and vomits on the gravel outside.

He sends a cart for the books the next morning. It is easy to find a couple of soldiers to load the books for a little money. He supervises the operation from a distance.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:31 am

Baozi leaves his tent in the morning, trying not to show the stiffness he feels around his midsection. There's nothing to be done about his cut ear, by now scabbed over and slightly swollen, apart from hope that no-one questions him about it.

He crosses paths with De Wang, and is surprised to see how pale and shaken he looks. For a moment he thinks of hurrying away, pretending to be busy and not to have noticed him, to avoid what could be an awkward conversation, or perhaps intruding on his friend's troubles. But De Wang has surely seen him: it would be too obvious, and besides, it is possible he may be able to be some help or comfort, and it would be unkind not to.

"Are you well?" he asks. You look like you've seen a ghost, he thinks of adding, but doesn't. Something may really be badly wrong, and he mustn't make light of such serious matters.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Kivutar » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:16 am

"I'm all right," Dewang says, hoping he sounds convincing. "I haven't gotten much sleep, that is all."

Hastily, he adds, "How busy are you? I have a task that you might enjoy - there is a cartload of old books that need to be catalogued."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:24 am

Surely there is more to it than lack of sleep. He looks quite ill. But it would be rude to enquire any further.

"I should be glad to help," he replies. It promises to be an interesting task, even if he did not owe De Wang a favour still. Not one he would have expected though. "How did you come across such a thing though?"

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Kivutar » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:29 am

Dewang shrugs exaggeratedly. "This is an ancient city. There are all kinds of things here."

He leads Baozi to the cart, and waves at it. "See, I was not exaggerating when I said 'a cartful'. I am not even sure how many there are. Some are very old indeed, so we must be careful."

He sidesteps Baozi's questions as best he can, and eventually they manage to get through the books. Some he decides to keep, as they will be useful for his makeshift school; he selects the oldest, rarest, and most valuable to sell.

That afternoon he manages to find some time for lessons. He feels a little better when he faces the children this time. At least, he now has something to work with.

He begins to work out in earnest which of his pupils can be started on the books, and which have yet to master the very basics. All of their names go down in his scroll.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Colonel Liu is inspecting the reports when he asks Xianhe where Du Dewang is so that he may get a clarification on the state of their provisions. And though he is Dewang's superior and of noble lineage and demeanor Liu Bei is not an imperious man so instead of commanding that Dewang report to him he decides to take a walk.

When he arrives he finds a scholar reading from the Analects to a young audience of many dozens and despite the age of the listeners they remain at attention.

Liu Bei asks Jian Yong, "Who are these camp followers that a scholar like Du Dewang takes such care?."

"They are the orphans of Bei Ye, my lord," Xianhe says with some admiration.

It is not long before Dewang notices his superior watching him.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:13 pm

When Dewang notices Colonel Liu watching him, he stops reading. Telling the children to wait, he hurries over to his superior and bows.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:38 am

"Dewang, I wished to speak with you about our provisions, but it can wait until you are finished here. It is a gentleman's responsibility to see the people prosper. I am glad to see such qualities in the men who follow me for it means that Heaven has favored us."

He puts his hand on Dewang's shoulder, a sign of high regard and affection from a superior, and he gestures with the other, "there are too many for one man here so I will see that others know of this endeavor so that they may assist you as they are able. I can speak for myself, my brothers and Xianhe that we will all take part, others will surely follow."

Liu Bei leaves Dewang to his task and before long Zhang Fei Yide and Guan Yu Yunchang arrive with a cart filled with slates and chalk for the children to practice their calligraphy as well as bamboo and tools to make scrolls.

"My brother, Yide is the finest calligrapher I know," Guan Yu says to surprised looks, "And I will do my own small part as well."

"Brother is too modest," Zhang Fei growls as if angry, "He is as good as I and a painter and a poet besides."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:54 am

Dewang is taken aback at Liu Bei's praise and stumbles through his thanks. He goes back to his teaching, but is surprised once more when Guan Yu and Zhang Fei arrive so quickly.

They argue good-naturedly and begin handing supplies to the children as if it were the most natural thing in the world. Dewang watches them for some moments before he realizes that his eyes are wet.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:32 am

As Wenchang walks into the main tent in which the six gather for discussion , he sees no one except Baozi. "Where is everyone?" Then, noticing the strategist's appearance, he asks surprisedly, "Did you fight with someone?" He points to his own ear.

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

PreviousNext