Minor annoyances

Discussion, in general

Re: Minor annoyances

Postby Australia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:13 pm

NathanLoiselle wrote:I don't believe in cards because they're rarely ever funny and if they weren't supposed to be funny they just downright suck. But people just keep on giving them to me.

I feel the same way about fleshlights.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby cmsellers » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:58 am

In Austin traffic lights often have a flashing yellow on the left turn while going straight is red. Today the guy in front of me sat through one of those while s/he could have made a left turn and given me time to do it as well, to wait for a protected green. I'm guessing that they confused flashing yellow with regular yellow and I somehow gut stuck behind the one person in Texas who won't run a yellow.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:34 pm

Fucking Lego Minecraft sets are garbage. Here's yet another one, The Ice Spikes, that has instructions that require you to build this floor area that is held together by two flat four piece areas in multiple places. Which means it falls apart every 10 seconds unless you never ever touch it. It's like they designed it in a 3D space on a computer and never physically tried putting the set together with human hands.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby cmsellers » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:27 am

I just realized I have ear hairs.

How!?

I'm not even 30.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:10 am

Bih, please. I have to shave my ear lobes all the time.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:01 am

I’m trying to read a paper online, but a script on the page refuses to work, and it’s making it impossible to do anything.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:31 am

JamishT wrote:Bih, please. I have to shave my ear lobes all the time.

I call them ear beards, and they are majestic.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Tuli » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:11 am

Today at work I was cutting up some old T-shirts to make thread for a rug (or possibly another project). One of the personal trainers passed by and asked what I was doing, I said I was making a rug. And his off-hand reply was "Oh you, you have time for all kinds of nonsense... next time just buy one". He walked away before I could respond to that. But it left me feeling irritated for several reasons. First of all, the whole point of this is making something myself and reusing old stuff that would just be thrown away otherwise. It's not that I so desperately need a rug. I'm also tired of the consumerist mindset of "buy everything and make nothing". But even that's beside the point. I'm annoyed at the casual rudeness of disparaging someone's hobby without anyone asking for his input. Because was that comment really necessary? I don't really care what he thinks about handicrafts, it just made me think less of his conduct as a person.

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Experimental Protrude

Postby DoglovingJim » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:01 pm

Tuli wrote:Today at work I was cutting up some old T-shirts to make thread for a rug (or possibly another project). One of the personal trainers passed by and asked what I was doing, I said I was making a rug. And his off-hand reply was "Oh you, you have time for all kinds of nonsense... next time just buy one". He walked away before I could respond to that. But it left me feeling irritated for several reasons. First of all, the whole point of this is making something myself and reusing old stuff that would just be thrown away otherwise. It's not that I so desperately need a rug. I'm also tired of the consumerist mindset of "buy everything and make nothing". But even that's beside the point. I'm annoyed at the casual rudeness of disparaging someone's hobby without anyone asking for his input. Because was that comment really necessary? I don't really care what he thinks about handicrafts, it just made me think less of his conduct as a person.

I respect you.

It's this consumerist mentality of some people which really drive me mad, I will never understand it. I'm curious to learn how you can make a rug from old T-shirts though, always good to have DIY projects to keep yourself occupied.

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Tuli » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:27 am

Thanks, Jim!

It's actually pretty easy to do. First you gotta make the yarn: easiest with shirts that are a continuous tube but can also be made out of clothes that consists of two sides sown together, it's a bit different (let me know if you ever need tips). And then you crochet! There's a lot of tutorials here, but personally I'm not using any of those... I'm using a circular crochet hook, which has a bit of a different technique and result, looks more like a woven fabric.

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Experimental Protrude

Postby DoglovingJim » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:36 am

Tuli wrote:Thanks, Jim!

It's actually pretty easy to do. First you gotta make the yarn: easiest with shirts that are a continuous tube but can also be made out of clothes that consists of two sides sown together, it's a bit different (let me know if you ever need tips). And then you crochet! There's a lot of tutorials here, but personally I'm not using any of those... I'm using a circular crochet hook, which has a bit of a different technique and result, looks more like a woven fabric.

Be sure to send pictures of your finished work, it would be lovely to see the end result.

DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby reallifegirl » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:19 pm

I hate clients with bad attitudes, but this one was kind of satisfying.

Boss-Man at Client X: Hey, can we change our reports from [a] to [b]?

Us: Sure, no problem.

--5 days later--

Team member of Client X: I've noticed that you have been making an error with our reports and these are not like our normal reports. Please explain to me how you could make an error of this magnitude and how quickly you can fix this mistake. I have also cc'ed [Boss-Man] so that he can be aware of this situation.

Me: He was the one who asked us to change them.

Team member: Oh.

Me: You were cc'ed on the email where he did it.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby cmsellers » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:31 am

I left my gas on slightly for at least a day. This is the third time this has happened since I've moved here. I love gas stoves, but this one you don't need to press down to turn on the gas (only to light it), which means that if you accidentally knock a knob slightly it will turn on the gas.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:54 am

cmsellers wrote:I love gas stoves, but this one you don't need to press down to turn on the gas (only to light it), which means that if you accidentally knock a knob slightly it will turn on the gas.

I didn’t know they made any other kind. That’s a good idea, actually.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby cmsellers » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:04 am

The stove at my mother's house you have to press down on the knob to turn on the gas, and then turning it slightly lights it. That's what I grew up with.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

PreviousNext