Checking In /Still Alive

Discussion, in general

Re: Checking In /Still Alive

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:56 am

reallifegirl wrote:Neverrrrr you will never beat meeeeeeee

Thanks!! Hey maybe I'll just get a new job that'll leave me some more dicking-around-online time, so it could still all be win-win.

It's good to have you back reallifegirl, it's good to have all you guys back.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby JamishT » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:23 am

Oh shoot, y'all, find yourself a hiding place because the Notorious RLG is back!

Unrelated, but still related:

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby ghijkmnop » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:48 am

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby pikajew » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:49 am

The first thread I see seems to be pretty fitting. I haven't posted much since moving away from my shitty roommates except when my other half was in the hospital and then again to pop by and reassure everyone I wasn't killed during the shooting.

Jesus, have I had a busy several months. The shooting really tipped off a rollercoaster of busy for me. I had to hire and train over 100 people for the holidays, I got to go to Dallas for a work trip, I transferred to another location to help shut it down, I transferred back, hubby has had two more ER visits for the same issue, my grandma beat cancer for the fourth time, oh yeah, I got fired because bringing up HR issues to my boss was the wrong fucking choice. But I'm fine. I'm trying to get over anxiety about a job interview tomorrow, so I'm announcing my return.

pikajew
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Darth

Postby gisambards » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:43 pm

I'm still alive. I spent all of August performing on the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, which was exhausting. And now I have a job, which is exhausting. But I have returned.

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:30 pm

I've done nothing! Absolutely nothing!

Now please resume your superior lives.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Irishjava » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:58 pm

I got absurdly busy for a while, and then I felt like I had been gone too long to come here again. That was a dumb feeling, because as soon as I logged into this website again it was like pulling a warm blanket over my somewhat traumatized internet browser.

"Prepare to be emancipated, from your own inferior genes!"
-Abradolf Lincler
Irishjava
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby SilverMaple » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:35 pm

Sup. While I've been fairly active on Discord, I really haven't posted on here recently. So don't panic, I'm not locked in anyone's sex dungeon at least not unwillingly, I'm just incredibly lazy. Hope y'all have been doing well, and I've missed you.

Bert wrote:The best part of my job is fistfighting an 8 year old every day.

//Friend come and go, like the wave in the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on our face.\\
SilverMaple
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Nerd of a Feather

Postby AsamiSato » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:27 pm

Hello! So I highly doubt anyone remembers me, I used to post on Cracked a lot and came here a few times back in 2015... and wow that was a different time. Came here for nostalgia purposes expecting the board to be defunct so it warms my dry, shriveled heart that a pretty cool group of smart people are still hanging out here. :)

I've got a PhD now (sociology) and am lecturing (proudly non tenure track). Do people here still go on Cracked?

AsamiSato
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:50 pm

AsamiSato wrote:Hello! So I highly doubt anyone remembers me, I used to post on Cracked a lot and came here a few times back in 2015... and wow that was a different time. Came here for nostalgia purposes expecting the board to be defunct so it warms my dry, shriveled heart that a pretty cool group of smart people are still hanging out here. :)

I've got a PhD now (sociology) and am lecturing (proudly non tenure track). Do people here still go on Cracked?

Not really, AFAIK. Are you familiar with Bunny Ears or The Modern Rogue, by any chance? They each have some Cracked writers.

”pretty cool group of smart people”... nice to see we have someone fooled...

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Australia » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:12 am

jbobsully11 wrote:”pretty cool group of smart people”... nice to see we have someone fooled...

Is it me?

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:12 pm

AsamiSato wrote:Hello! So I highly doubt anyone remembers me, I used to post on Cracked a lot and came here a few times back in 2015... and wow that was a different time. Came here for nostalgia purposes expecting the board to be defunct so it warms my dry, shriveled heart that a pretty cool group of smart people are still hanging out here. :)

I abandoned cracked before that, I think most of us don't really go there that often. Yeah 2015 was a different time. It was peaceful and you would have never thought dude from Prairie Home Companion would be accused of sexual harassment. But the Matt Lauer stuff would not have come as a shock. Oh yeah and politics hoo boy that's the new Mario Party. Guaranteed to fracture families.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:22 pm

Welcome back, Asami! How's Korra?

And yeah, the only thing defunct around here is Bert's mom. Well, that and that weird ass tumblr phase.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby AsamiSato » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:15 pm

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:Welcome back, Asami! How's Korra?

And yeah, the only thing defunct around here is Bert's mom. Well, that and that weird ass tumblr phase.

Well, now I want to hear about the weird ass tumblr phase haha. I love Tumblr, but what happens on Tumblr should probably stay there.

And thanks for those links jbobsully! Super helpful! I want to try to figure out how to do more non-academic writing (b/c I think academia is dead, corporate-controlled, obsolete, etc) so I came back here in part to figure out what was going on with Cracked/Internet writing.

AsamiSato
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:27 pm

Welcome back, Asami. I also am an aspiring writer, though I've put that on hold while trying to deal with my depression.

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:And yeah, the only thing defunct around here is Bert's mom. Well, that and that weird ass tumblr phase.

Come again now? When did we ever go through a Tumblr phase?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

PreviousNext