[Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: [Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:56 am

Baozi accepts the invitation and, as soon as he feels he can politely do so, makes his escape. It is good just to get out of the courtyard and no longer be the focus of so much attention, but he cannot really relax until he has shut the door of his apartment firmly on the world, and is quite alone. He occupies himself reading until it is time to go to dinner.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Kivutar » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:10 am

This time, Dewang's smile is genuine. Even knowing Wenchang's good heart, he had never expected this.

"Believe me when I say I am grateful. But you had nothing to do with the whole affair, and I can never allow you to pay any price for it."

He looks at Wenchang anxiously, hoping he will take no offence.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Ladki96 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:09 am

Wenchang is puzzled. "It is no price to pay, I'm happy to do it. We're away on service in any case, what would I do with it otherwise? My family doesn't particularly need me to send anything back home. There are more than enough Wei's in the army for that." He smiles at the thought of his uncles and brothers, and their various antics. He must remember to write to them and to his parents now that they have been given a month to breathe.

Wenchang looks at Dewang and decides he will clear the air once and for all, or at least attempt to. "Though it is impossible to take back my words, I regret that they have caused this storm between us. I hope you can forgive me, I would not like to lose your friendship"

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun May 20, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Kivutar » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:22 am

Dewang looks at his friend in complete bewilderment.

"Your words? Forgive you? What could I possibly have to forgive you for?"

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:31 am

Wenchang gets more confused by the minute. He clarifies.

"For taking you to task over your part in Bei Ye? I should not have rebuked you in your weak moment. I should have waited till you were sober, and chosen my words more carefully. It was your full right to avoid me after that, and rash as I was I didn't care to repair the bond then.

"But here I am now, hoping it is not too late. I would rather not spend the month we have stewing over this. I want to move ahead, and if it's possible, still be friends. I hope you feel the same"

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:34 pm

"For you good sir, nothing prevents me." he replies, with a short bow.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:41 am

Liu Bei nods, "Excellent, I will see you the first hour after dusk." He then leads his entourage away, and the men are left to their afternoon duties and distractions.

At the appointed time they arrive at Liu Bei's apartments and are shown in to the small dining room by Liu Bei's secretary Xianhe (ie Jian Yong). Yunchang (Guan Yu) and Yide (Zhang Fei) are already present and rise to greet the guests. Yunchang's height is even more impressive up close as is the sheer bulk of Yide. Xianhe excuses himself to see to the servants and leaves the four men together for several minutes.

"May I offer you tea while we await our Elder Brother?" Yunchang asks.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:50 am

Dewang stares openly. "You thought I was angry? Wenchang, how could I be angry? You were in the right."

He looks down and adds softly, "I was avoiding you, but not because of that. I was sure you would not want my company any more."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:01 am

Wenchang stares for a minute, and then bursts out, "So the both of us had decided the other did not want to associate with ourself!" He guffaws. Clapping Dewang on the back, he smiles. "Come, let us have dinner together. I want to hear all about this school you wish to start."

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun May 20, 2018 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Keeping a little behind Junyou, Baozi makes an effort to look at Yunchang rather than at the floor. He is glad that the young Captain is here: with his easy confidence it may not matter so much that the other guest is too quiet.

"Yes, thank you," he answers and falls silent again.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:40 pm

Yunchang leans forward to lift the pot and pour hot water into the cups already prepared for the guests before refilling his own and Yide's.

From there they have only passing conversation until the side door opens and Jian Yong returns with Liu Bei. If they didn't know better both Junyou and Baozi would think Liu Bei had been in the kitchens himself.

"Ah, sorry to keep you waiting on my account, there was a matter that needed my attention," the Colonel says sitting down. Yunchang pours him some tea and after a a soft thanks to his brother and a sip he continues with the usual pleasantries. Jian Yong sits down beside Baozi.

While they talk the first course arrives on platters from which the six men serve themselves around the small table. It could perhaps fit eight if it had to but as is its close to crowded with just six. THe conversation largely revolves around recent military actions and tales of their own involvement. Liu Bei is quite interested, or at least seemingly so, in the encounters Junyou has had with rebels while Yide cares mainly for personal accomplishments. Yunchang largely nods and while he does not shy from claiming his deeds he does not aggrandize the way the youngest brother does.

Xianhe, like Baozi, has no military accomplishments to discuss and so both largely listen.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:11 am

The ladies at the tea house are lovely; at least, Dewang assumes that they are. He barely looks at them.

"I would tell you about my plans," he says "If I had any, yet. All I know is that this is something I have to do, and I have no intention of stopping until I succeed."

Wenchang's smile still hasn't disappeared. Every detail about him suddenly appears clear and distinct, as if he were in bright sunlight instead of the dim dining room. Irrelevant things momentarily distract Dewang, pulling his buzzing mind away from the semblance of a train of thought. He would have to form plans quickly. He could not burden his friend with them. How absurdly small the chopsticks look in Wenchang's huge hand! If he brought Kongzhi and her brother into it, Wenchang would back away. That bowl will certainly be knocked over. He had missed Wenchang, missed his bluntness and his never-failing kindness. Never...

"Before we begin, it is best that you know everything. I have been sleeping with Captain Liang."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:10 am

Baozi wonders what it was that had kept their host busy. But it really is not possible to ask, so he tries to put the question out of his head and listen to the conversation. This may be a pleasant evening, in spite of the close quarters and the loud presence of Yide.

It is not that he bears a grudge over the confrontation in the library. After all Yide's anger was not unreasonable, and was for his elder brother's sake too. He doesn't dislike the man. It is only that he is so very loud, and so readily angered. It is impossible to be comfortable around him.

But he is occupied now with talking, and Baozi is not the focus of his or anyone's attention, so he sips his tea and takes some food when it is brought, and listens with interest to the soldiers' tales. At the same time though, he has not forgotten Liu Bei's words in the courtyard. Expecting to be questioned at any moment, he goes over in the back of his mind how he might answer. And not for the first time wonders what should all that have to do with General Gongsun?

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:10 pm

The food is good, the music soothing, the dancing pleasant, and Wenchang is taking them in with his friend at his side. His mind at ease, he talks cheerfully. Dewang confesses that he has yet to form any plans, and Wenchang nods. "But of course, you have only spoken with the Governor today. There is plenty of time for that." He laughs. "Isn't it strange how much can happen in a day?"

Dewang however surprisingly lapses into silence soon after. Not wanting to disturb his thoughts, Wenchang instead lets the music wash over him, smiling.

(not sure how traditional this is/if there would be singing as well but this sounded nice since I first heard it so :P)

Wenchang claps as the woman ends her song, and turns to Dewang but is taken aback at the sight of his face. Before he can speak Dewang blurts out,

"--- I have been sleeping with Captain Liang."

Wenchang stares, wondering if he has heard correctly through the noise. But Dewang's look confirms it. He stands up abruptly. "Then why are you here and not with him?" he shouts angrily. He steamrolls on without waiting for an answer.

"You believe that thug's masquerade as a gentleman? You, with your keen ability to see through liars and pretenders of all sorts? No. You actually care for him then? Has he your loyalty? Then why accept my offer to dinner? You of all people know of the mutual detest we share.

"Or is it your own weak will, Dewang? You think there is no limit to this wavering of yours. Let me make the choice for you then, as you cannot seem to!" So saying this Wenchang throws down the payment for the bill on the table and storms out without a second glance.

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun May 20, 2018 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:46 pm

Dewang stares after Wenchang numbly, his hands shaking.

He is not aware of leaving the tea house, but eventually he finds himself back in his room. His mind briefly flits to the small dagger somewhere among his possessions, but he shakes his head. The school. There is still the school.

Dewang stumbles into his bedding and sleeps like the dead.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

PreviousNext