The Cocktail Lounge - two drink minimum, adults only

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: The Cocktail Lounge - two drink minimum, adults only

Postby Albatross727 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:03 am

I didn't choose the furry life, the furry life chose me.
Albatross727
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: TCS Birdmaster General

Postby IamNotCreepy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:51 am

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Australia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:21 pm

I never really get to Heeeeeeeeeey levels of intoxication but HEEEEEEEEYYYYY!

Just got back from a Christmas party pub crawl that ended at a strip club. Not really a strip club kind of guy but turns out it's fun in small doses when you're already at a dangerous blood alcohol level, even if I was sitting or standing (or both) there awkwardly for the majority of it. I mean I spent at least a week's wages in one night but it's not like I have to make any big purchases or... fuck, presents. Eh, I'll worry about it during the inevitable week-long hangover. I'm gonna find a bucket and go to bed. Wish me luck.

To be clear, I'm not sleeping in the bucket. That always puts my back out of whack.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby SandTea » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:46 am

Somebody turned around, pointed at me and yelled "play that funky music, whiteboy". I let everyone down when I was unable to lay down the boogie 'til I died.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:43 am

Yeah, I really should have picked a better time to do that than just when it hit you.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 am

How bad of a sign is it when a lawyer objects during a public town council meeting (ie. “not a trial”)?

A while ago in a different thread, I wrote:(stuff about a planned medical facility/adult daycare in a residential district)

There was another town meeting tonight, and we just got back a little while ago. It went pretty well, overall; the other side was horribly unprepared, for one thing. They still don’t own a big chunk of the land they plan on using (the state owns it, and they said that they're never gonna give you it up), and the blueprints they have don’t allow for most of what they say will be there, even if they do get the property. It’s just off a highway and there won’t be anywhere near enough parking spots, so traffic will be a nightmare. The staff are supposed to walk there from a bus stop... over half a mile away. The building is supposed to be one floor, but it’s essentially three stories tall, because thirty-foot high ceilings are totally necessary. (That's to name only a few problems; there wasn't enough time for the public to voice our opinions this week.)

And yes, their lawyer objected during the hearing. It was when his opinion was asked about something that he said.

On a completely unrelated note, someone smashed a section of my mom's front bumper a few days ago. After the meeting ended, she was talking to some other people who were there. It turns out one guy owns a body shop, and offered to fix it for her for free.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Albatross727 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:33 am

WOOOOOO!!!!!

tenor (1).gif
tenor (1).gif (252.98 KiB) Viewed 10077 times

Albatross727
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Grimstone » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:13 am

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby Albatross727 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:33 pm

Albatross727 wrote:WOOOOOO!!!!!

tenor (1).gif

...I have no recollection of posting this...

Albatross727
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:27 pm

I put way too much rum in this rum & Pepsi... *the world spins as I turn my head to take another sip*

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:40 pm

Man, I should not try to contribute to serious, socially-important threads while I am blasted. My posts look "good" now, but I assume they will languish in the light of day (or the, clarity of sobriety? I don't know, metaphors are difficult whilst intoxicated).

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby SandTea » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:01 am

IamNotCreepy wrote:Man, I should not try to contribute to serious, socially-important threads while I am blasted

You and me both brother/sister. I also should not browse discounted games while drinking. I bought a fucking dbz game yesterday. Why would I buy a dragonball mmo? It just doesn't make any sense!

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby Australia » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:12 pm

Tonight on DrunkeNerds:

Towards the end of a house party, I ended up starting an argument between two Whovians who are clearly more attached to the show than I am when during a conversation about female Doctors, I posited the scenario: What if a pregnant Timelord regenerated into a man? Would he be pregnant or would it be miscarried when the Doctor died? And since it's a Timelord, would the miscarriage mean the fetus regenerated and was still in the womb or lack thererof, perhaps as a grown adult, destroying the parent immediately and triggering another regeneration? You think that's a convoluted question, it got far deeper and disturbing than that. Canon stuff like dying mid-regeneration being fatal reared its ugly head, the plausible asexuality, both physical and reproductive of the species was brought up, and whether Doctor Who would take a pro-life stance ended up factoring in very little in the long run. After a few dumb inputs during the heated conversation, I ended up just shutting up and watching the fight unfold. It was hilarious.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:13 pm

I should probably start measuring how much alcohol I put in my drinks; either my tolerance sucks, or I put a lot more alcohol in this than I thought... *drinks more rum and cherry Pepsi*

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Albatross727 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:40 am

I am what I aaaaaam, I am my oooowwwn special creation!

Albatross727
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

PreviousNext