Insert Tab A into Slot B-the sex ed thread

A repository for intrinsically valuable information

Re: Insert Tab A into Slot B-the sex ed thread

Postby sunglasses » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:34 pm

Sex myths that just won't die and why they are wrong:

http://lifehacker.com/10-stubborn-sex-m ... 1522576378

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Grimstone » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:59 am

sunglasses wrote:Sex myths that just won't die and why they are wrong:

http://lifehacker.com/10-stubborn-sex-m ... 1522576378

The article hardly debunks stuff so much as it goes "well, yeah.. but" to most of these things

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:57 pm

I read an interesting article a few days ago about how talking dirty in the bedroom (or wherever you're having sex, I guess) increases arousal in men and women.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Jack Road » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:53 pm

It's probably important to note that you have to actually be good at dirty talk for it to increase arousal.

I just sound like a very hesitant man asking for directions, only I've had a stroke and all my words for directions have gotten confused with sexual terminology.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Jack Road wrote:It's probably important to note that you have to actually be good at dirty talk for it to increase arousal.

I just sound like a very hesitant man asking for directions, only I've had a stroke and all my words for directions have gotten confused with sexual terminology.

~Talk dirty to me ~
(Sad trumpets)

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:25 am

;)
Jack Road wrote:It's probably important to note that you have to actually be good at dirty talk for it to increase arousal.

;)

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby sunglasses » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:34 pm

Agreed. The 'dirty talk' needs to actually be good, per se.

Saying "oh baby, I want to insert my rod of manliness into your entry port" is not remotely a turn on and may result in spontaneous laughter.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby RaceProUK » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:59 pm

sunglasses wrote:Saying "oh baby, I want to insert my rod of manliness into your entry port" is not remotely a turn on and may result in spontaneous laughter.

I know right? It should be "Oh baby, let's interface" ;)

RaceProUK
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:02 pm

jbobsully11 wrote:I read an interesting article a few days ago about how talking dirty in the bedroom (or wherever you're having sex, I guess) increases arousal in men and women.

This article has a weirdly specific agenda.

For example, many powerful women in their everyday lives and jobs enjoy being more submissive in the bed, says Cioffi, because it stimulates the amygdala.

Dirty talk is a liberating experience for women to break down this mindset and become comfortable in their sexuality and desires. It’s where people invite their fantasies and where that straight-laced version of a person will enjoy being tied up, being called certain kinds of names, and using dirty words for genital parts when otherwise they wouldn’t think of such behavior, says Walfish.

For example, some women may get turned on by words like “slut” or “whore,” even though they find it offensive outside the bedroom.

A woman who calls up her partner at work to say to him “when you come home sweetheart, I'm going to let you tie me to the bedpost, handcuff me, and arrest me," says Walfish, is vocalizing her fantasy outside the bedroom.

"One possibility is maybe she has a dependent personality and maybe she likes the idea of submitting to a dominant, powerful force," she said. "Or maybe she fantasizes about being the dominant one and is afraid to put that on to her guy to do it first, so she tests the waters."

The last part is the only mention in the article of a sexual fantasy other than being a submissive women. Apparently she wants to be dominant but decides to be handcuffed first to test the waters. Yeah, that makes sense.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Krashlia » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:42 pm

at least one of those things had me checking out wikipedia and rationalwiki about the whole thing... That or the author let us on to a massive fetish.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:43 pm

All these people need this thread. I'm tellin' ya.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:06 pm

sunglasses wrote:All these people need this thread. I'm tellin' ya.

Number one is one I used to believe. I learned about the clitoris around ten because of Seinfeld, but didn't know where it was and I assumed that the vagina was inside the mons pubis. Tess asked me how I believed this when art nudes don't depict it, and I pointed out that they I know at the time that they didn't depict pubic hair and generally don't depict the labia where they actually are either. She then tried to prove me wrong by showing me basically the one art nude which has copious pubic hair.

Ten isn't surprising either. Some women orgasm from childbirth; I'm sure there must be at least a handful who can get off from tampons.

Nineteen is arguably technically true on a statistical level, since older women are more likely to have babies with Down Syndrome.

Twenty-six, paraphrased: "If it's legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut the whole thing down."

Twenty-seven I know because it seemed to be the prevailing orthodoxy in r/incels. Their term for a promiscuous woman was "roastie," premised on the belief that promiscuity makes the female genitals resemble a roast beef sandwich.

All the others genuinely surprised me, though I'm jaded enough that few of them actually shocked me.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Sex ed question about blood and gravity.

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:09 pm

"In middle school, the school nurse told our class that girls didn’t need to wear pads or tampons while sleeping since there wouldn’t be enough blood flow while laying horizontal."

OK, I know this isn't true, but that doesn't mean I fully understand WHY it's not true. How does menstrual blood seemingly defy gravity to climb out of my body when it's sideways?

Last edited by DamianaRaven on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby sunglasses » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:14 pm

Short answer-

The cramps.

Longer answer-

cramps are uterine contractions thus pushing and expelling the blood and tissue. While there is some pooling that does occur while lying the contractions eventually will continue to expel items.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:24 pm

sunglasses wrote:All these people need this thread. I'm tellin' ya.

#4: excessively literal belief in what he was told as a child about "when a man and a woman love each other very much"?

#6: exceedingly weird misconception (heh) from learning that you should, in fact, use protection for oral sex? (Many STDs can be transmitted through oral sex.)

#25: to be fair, it's not entirely blood. It's mixed with the womb lining - i.e. we lose flesh as well.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

PreviousNext