A whole new dimension of "police brutality"

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

A whole new dimension of "police brutality"

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:14 am

This is pretty profoundly fucked up! I don't know what to say about such a horror, but I know I'm not watching that video!

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Re: A whole new dimension of "police brutality"

Postby Piter Lauchy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:15 am

Damiana, I'd be very grateful if you started to sum up the content of your links, as everyone else does. I'm working with a limited data volume at the moment and can't afford to click every one of your links, of which many seem to be very interesting.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:10 am

I'll start including a summary, if that will help.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 am

Quick summary is cops shot a guys dog in front of his kids and then made him decapitate it under threat of jail time. He filmed it. Apparently it is policy to take an animals head for rabies/etc testing.

I wanted to comment on this earlier but only ended up typing profanities in caps while screaming at the first thing my eyes went to (sorry potted cactus) while wishing death upon purple shirt fuck head asshole idiot... sorry again cactus.

Also policy, the dogtopsy should be done by professionals in a laboratory with disease prevention measures because, ya know, if those pathetic, shameful, cowardly arguments against human intelligence assholes actually thought that they had to shoot a tail wagging dog because it was infested with one of those umbrella corp Z diseases they would care about not spreading it but they don't. (OK, the cactus has taken enough of a berating) They don't because they are just cowards trying to cover their own ass after they realized that playing 'big powerful man with a gun' this time (and probably many more) was an offense to decency.

Also, yeah raven, It'd be nice to get a quick quote from the article or a summary instead of just... hmm imma call it "asshole dumping" like a link dump, but about assholes. :)

If there is any justice in this world those two cops will never be able to make any sort of decision ever again. Not what they eat for lunch let alone being able to have any type of authority. Especially the "right" to murder whatever they perceive as a threat or order around anything with a nervous system. Because they are little babies, afraid of everything. (man, I'm really throwing some bad vibes at my cactus. It's not your fault cactus, I know that)

I might be a little upset about this.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Law enforcement or just do what I say? What is the goal of police officers?

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby sunglasses » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:51 pm

Piter Lauchy wrote:Damiana, I'd be very grateful if you started to sum up the content of your links, as everyone else does. I'm working with a limited data volume at the moment and can't afford to click every one of your links, of which many seem to be very interesting.

Yes, summing things up and not just link dropping is a standard for CAaSS.

Thank you for doing this going forward.

It would have also been nice to know that this was graphic and was from a FB video.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby blehblah » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:51 pm

I'm not of the Facebook; I'm not sure what is captured via video.

In a ideal normal world (queue music) I would expect that if the police shot a dog which didn't bite anyone, because they felt threatened, it would end there. Plenty of paperwork to justify pulling-out a firearm a discharging it, etc, etc.

If, on the other hand, the dog had bitten someone, and the police shot it because they felt threatened, someone with some expertise - say, a veterinarian - would be engaged. Worst case, collect the dog (entire dog, mind), for analysis.

As per usual, this seems to be a sensational story without details.

I had a look at the site... there seems to be an agenda at work...

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/join-us/

Damiana, I don't believe the site is trustworthy. I am unable to find any reference to this story anywhere else. I would think something this heinous would merit a mention somewhere other than on the Freedom Project, as it would be a pretty juicy story.

Given what I can find, I am giving this a Bleh rating of "bullshit".

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby SandTea » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:53 am

blehblah wrote:Given what I can find, I am giving this a Bleh rating of "bullshit".

Update- It did happen.

Not saying you were wrong to be doubtful (since you couldn't watch the video) so I just wanted to share that no one should be thinking that some dude faked being forced to cut off his own dogs head for faceboook views or to foment anti police thoughts or whatever.

They also forced them to drive the dogs head to the health department that day or pay to have someone else do the decapitation. Even if the dog bit someone; Fuck those assholes.

one cop wrote:We don’t know this process either.
No shit.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:31 am

SandTea wrote:...so I just wanted to share that no one should be thinking that some dude faked being forced to cut off his own dogs head for faceboook views or to foment anti police thoughts or whatever.

I think the implication was that The Free Thought Project is making up stories to scam money for subscriptions.

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:37 am

Indeed, it has been covered in enough other places that it seems to be true, though I really wish it was bullshit.

This article notes what I would hope is obvious.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/health-of ... Re7CmMmnJ/

The Georgia Department of Public Health recommends a veterinarian or trained animal control officer remove an animal’s head for testing when rabies is suspected.

“Not only to provide a reliable specimen, but also for the protection of the person who removes the head,” DPH spokeswoman Nancy Nydam told The AJC. “That person should have a pre-exposure rabies vaccine.”

The Hollis guy who ordered the owner to cut off his dog's head is on administrative leave pending an investigation.

Damiana, I do have a deeply suspicious view of agenda-based sites which ask for money. I recognize news doesn't pay for itself, and even outfits like PBS are always looking for money, but when it's a sensational site my brain automatically clicks into thinking about people like Alex Jones hawking supplements in between segments about chemtrails.

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel