The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby Tesseracts » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:36 pm

0DCD9081-0F00-4B58-8725-9BD5EC84A495.png
0DCD9081-0F00-4B58-8725-9BD5EC84A495.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 5102 times

I know when I think of “Presidental announcement” the first thing I think of is definitely “satanic pedophilia.”

In case any of you guys think this is just a few harmless crazies, look into the satanism scare and the daycare moral panic. Real people have been hurt by this mass hysteria and we don’t learn from our mistakes.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby cmsellers » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:12 pm

I thought about mentioning the Satanic daycare scare to point out that it was A. bipartisan hysteria and B. the result of psychiatric malpractice, back before we understood how easy it is to implant false memories. It's not really relevant here, since the alt-right hasn't convinced anyone to prosecute based on their claims, indeed that's one of their complaints: everyone is ignoring this very real problem because of how well-connected the perpetrators are. (And unfortunately real child molesters do get away with it all the time, even those less famous and well-connected than Roman Polanski and Woody Allen.) The alt-right did inspire a guy to shoot up a pizza parlor, though, and that would be my concern: that alt-right conspiracy theories will lead to vigilante justice.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Fun With Mr. Fudge » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:23 pm

IamNotCreepy wrote:I'm sure some of it is motivated by anti-liberal feelings. Conservatives are sick of being painted as misogynist, racist, etc., so they latch on to the one thing they think they can paint liberals with.

I think part of it is also that it also involves sexual immorality, which has always been a huge issue among certain conservatives, and the innocence of children. Some people might blame an adult victim of rape for being victimized, but I think far fewer would be heinous enough to blame a child.

cmsellers wrote:I thought about mentioning the Satanic daycare scare to point out that it was A. bipartisan hysteria and B. the result of psychiatric malpractice, back before we understood how easy it is to implant false memories. It's not really relevant here, since the alt-right hasn't convinced anyone to prosecute based on their claims, indeed that's one of their complaints: everyone is ignoring this very real problem because of how well-connected the perpetrators are.

Along similar lines, I thought part of the issue was that if you want to brand someone as a child molester, there has to be a reason why that person hasn't been arrested. If you simply concede that you lack convincing evidence, then there's no reason for anyone (even yourself) to believe you. But if there's a conspiracy to cover up what you "know" is true, then it explains why you can be aware of an awful crime, share that info with the public, and see no consequences for the alleged criminal. I don't even think that would have to be something so,meone intentionally does, but a mechanism to reduce cognitive dissonance.

The Satanic daycare cases are still somewhat similar in the sense that after accusaions were debunked and a study came out showing almost no evidence of Satanic ritual abuse, there were apparently people who insisted that Satanists were just good at hiding their crimes. As the New York Times noted in a 1994 article, "There are, of course, people who will be unswayed by this new study because of their belief that abusive satanic groups do exist but are successful at eluding detection. "

Fun With Mr. Fudge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Jackbooted Hug

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:12 am

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Krashlia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:55 pm

Why is the Alt-Right not obsessed with Ray Moore? Is it le ephebophilia defense?

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Fun With Mr. Fudge » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Krashlia wrote:Why is the Alt-Right not obsessed with Ray Moore? Is it le ephebophilia defense?

CNN compiled comments from Moore and his supporters. And I think they can be sumarized into the following main arguments:

1) There was no child molestation. Moore and some supporters have characterized the stories as a smear campaign by the enemy. People who believe this have nothing to obsess over regarding Moore because to them nothing actually happened. On a similar note (and one which I'll revisit in a moment), an Alabama GOP chair argued that the 14-year old wasn't really molested, even if something did happen. From the article: "'It was 40 years ago,' he told the Star. 'I really don't see the relevance of it. He was 32. She was supposedly 14. She's not saying that anything happened other than they kissed.'"

The accuser also claimed that Roy Moore touched her in graphic ways she was uncomfortable with, moved her hand to make her touch him, and removed his clothes, but the chair conveniently left that out.

2) Moore is the more moral candidate. Moore described himself as being in a "'spiritual battle' in which Democrats and the media seek to silence him," which by default casts that Democrats and the media as immoral. Alabama's state auditor invoked Joseph and Mary (of baby Jesus fame) to suggest that dating a 14 year-old would be okay biblically. Joseph was an adult carpenter and Mary was young. This of course ignores the fact that Mary was supposed to be a virgin (as late night comedians have hilariously pointed out). It also ignores the fact that what Moore is being accused of is unwanted sexual contact, not simply dating young people. But even then, one supporter argued, "And if it has happened, I believe the good Lord has forgiven him and he has the right to continue to prove himself."

3) Even if he is guilty, it was a long time ago, which relates to the defense made by the GOP chair in Point 1. I think this also partly relates to something I stated earlier. The accusers may have been underage when the alleged offenses occured, but they're adults now, so to condemn Moore wouldn't be protecting children from him. Moreover, the claim is that Moore may have been bad in the past, but isn't now and, again, at least isn't a liberal. I think the following quote from the article captures that: '"Whatever he did 40 years ago is irrelevant to the person he is now,' Word said. 'He could be the single most conservative in the US Senate. If anyone is going to work to clean up the mess ... it's him.'"

That last defense is very telling. That would mean a possible child molester is still better than a Democrat. In that sense, I think part of this just boils down to a matter of "moral right wing versus immoral left" (a point which IamNotCreepy brought up earlier). And that ultimately boils down to minimal groups and tribalism.

Fun With Mr. Fudge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby tinyrick » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:57 pm

The one I've been hearing is, "Why didn't they come forward sooner? Why wait 40 years? They must be wanting money or fame."

Meanwhile, for the last year and a half, these same people have been accusing the Clinton's and their associates with pedophilia based on rumor and speculation. When asked why no victims have come forward, they will tell you about how massively connected the Clinton machine is and how it can bully and silence anyone wanting to come forward.

So they're aware that people in positions of power can intimidate through character assassination and straight up assassination, but not one of their own. Not a member of the Good ol' Boy network. Covering up each other's sex crimes is half of what the Good ol' Boy system does. The other half is blaming the nearest black guy.

YEEEEEEAAAHHHHH!!! Tiny Rick!
tinyrick
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Irishjava » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:11 pm

I check the Fox News website with some kind of regularity, just to get a window into the mind of my mother-in-law. In my non-scientific observation, 3 out of 4 visits feature a story about a female teacher having sex with kids. Again, entirely anecdotal, but if anyone else here does their due diligence and checks that website regularly, please confirm that there is a super weird editor who is pushing "lady bangs multiple nubile teen boys" trend on that bonkers website.

"Prepare to be emancipated, from your own inferior genes!"
-Abradolf Lincler
Irishjava
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Fun With Mr. Fudge wrote:Some people might blame an adult victim of rape for being victimized, but I think far fewer would be heinous enough to blame a child.

So you'd think.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Fun With Mr. Fudge » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:17 pm

DamianaRaven wrote:
Fun With Mr. Fudge wrote:Some people might blame an adult victim of rape for being victimized, but I think far fewer would be heinous enough to blame a child.

So you'd think.

Thanks for eroding my faith in humanity. It's not all gone, but mostly.

Fun With Mr. Fudge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby tinyrick » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:48 pm

YEEEEEEAAAHHHHH!!! Tiny Rick!
tinyrick
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:33 am

tinyrick wrote:

Watch out America! Their gonna come for your Patriot Hole!

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby mancityfooty » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:35 am

I think I'm slightly disappointed but majorly encouraged by the fact that no one has brought up Mike "I'm a shit stain" Cernovich's constant tweets about branding anyone who doesn't agree with him as a pedophile.
and if it has been brought up...shit...
it's the new go to rather than the question of "when did you stop beating your wife?" kind of thing.

72% Vanilla
mancityfooty
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Duke Mix a Lot

Previous