Judge orders mother to stay away from baby because...

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Judge orders mother to stay away from baby because...

Postby DamianaRaven » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:19 am

...she owes the court money and they fucking want it NOW. A woman and her friend were arrested on warrants involving unpaid fines and court costs. Because the child was with them at the time of the arrest and therefore "abandoned," a judge stripped her of custody and gave the child to its grandmother. For reasons I cannot even begin to fathom, he then imposed what amounts to a restraining order demanding that she not have contact with her four-month-old baby until she had paid those fines.

On a positive note, all this bullshit has been overturned and the asshole judge is resigning. What's more, the "juvenile court" where this happened has been closed down altogether. If this is an example of their rulings, we're all better off without them! Corrupt Southern "courts" like this are often little more than extortion agents. (Hey, somebody's gotta make up for all yummy those tax breaks and you don't expect the rich to do it, do you?) Still, the fact that this shit could happen at all in the first place is cause for alarm and depression.

"I didn't resign because of any pressure," Shirley said. "I resigned because I got tired of the policies in that administration."

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Re: Judge orders mother to stay away from baby because...

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:09 am

DamianaRaven wrote:...she owes the court money and they fucking want it NOW. A woman and her friend were arrested on warrants involving unpaid fines and court costs. Because the child was with them at the time of the arrest and therefore "abandoned," a judge stripped her of custody and gave the child to its grandmother. For reasons I cannot even begin to fathom, he then imposed what amounts to a restraining order demanding that she not have contact with her four-month-old baby until she had paid those fines.

On a positive note, all this bullshit has been overturned and the asshole judge is resigning. What's more, the "juvenile court" where this happened has been closed down altogether. If this is an example of their rulings, we're all better off without them! Corrupt Southern "courts" like this are often little more than extortion agents. (Hey, somebody's gotta make up for all yummy those tax breaks and you don't expect the rich to do it, do you?) Still, the fact that this shit could happen at all in the first place is cause for alarm and depression.

"I didn't resign because of any pressure," Shirley said. "I resigned because I got tired of the policies in that administration."

Shirley you can't be serious...

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby DamianaRaven » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:37 am

Shirley said Thursday he couldn't specifically discuss the woman's case, but said, whenever he issued a no-contact order, it was due to abuse or neglect of a child that hadn't been corrected.

So, he admits to effectively selling a child back to its own abusive mother? If all she had to do to get her child back was pay fines and court costs unrelated to any child abuse charges, then how is this anything but a judicial ransom placed on somebody's baby? I'm glad this creepy bullshit made the news! Hopefully, it'll create enough public backlash to put this assclown properly out of a job, instead of able to slink a few towns away and torment a whole new docket of poor people!

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby DanteHoratio » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:52 pm

This was awful, but at least she is now allowed to go to her baby.

DoglovingJim wrote:
Shirley you can't be serious...

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." -Mark Twain

"I couldn't live a week without a private library - indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess." -HP Lovecraft
DanteHoratio
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Let's get dangerous

Postby Anglerphobe » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:56 am

Did I just get clickbaited?

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby DamianaRaven » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:00 pm

I couldn't fit the whole headline into the title, so I got cute with it.

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep