Judge grants joint custody to child rapist because... ???

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Judge grants joint custody to child rapist because... ???

Postby DamianaRaven » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:48 pm

This is straight-up fucking SICK. The judge in this case should be disbarred, arrested, slapped, sterilized, tarred, feathered, and then kicked in the balls several times!

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Re: Judge grants joint custody to child rapist because... ??

Postby Absentia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:19 pm

The kicker is that the father wasn't even seeking custody; the proceedings were initiated by the state. From what I can gather from the original source, it's apparently routine when a single mother applies for state assistance to try to find the father and give him joint custody, presumably so they can force him to pay child support. Which makes a degree of sense, but in a case where the father kidnapped and raped the mother when she was 12 years old maybe it's not such a great idea.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:16 pm

It doesn't really make that much sense to me. A father doesn't have to have "joint custody" in order to be legally liable for child support payments. On the contrary, male rape victims have been forced to pay child support to women who impregnated themselves without consent - even AS the judge acknowledges that he was an innocent victim. "Too bad about your baby-mama being a sexual predator, but we need to think about the CHILD and since your rapist is raising that child, she deserves to be paid on its behalf." I think a lot of that has to do with the (terribly wrong and horribly mistaken) assumption that men can't be "raped" like that. After all, if he ejaculated enough to conceive a child, he must have enjoyed it! (Women certainly aren't the only ones victimized again and again by the sick Rape Culture in this country.)

This particular case seems like the work of a VERY SICK judge who's hell-bent and determined to punish this poor girl for being raped. She moved out of state shortly after she was kidnapped and raped, but now she's being ordered to move back to Michigan or be held in contempt of court. Furthermore, she's not allowed to move more than 100 miles from where she was traumatized and forcibly impregnated, because... hey, she was probably asking for it, right?

*gets angry and storms off before the tears start*

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:09 am

The reason that a judge would order someone not to move away is to make sure that they're available for legal proceedings and don't try to disappear. I expect it's de rigeur in custody cases to ensure that one parent doesn't try to abscond with the child. Again, maybe not such a good idea in this case, but I wouldn't necessarily call it malice on the part of the judge.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:17 am

If this is not malice, it's the most appalling case of pants-on-head incompetence I've ever seen!

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:08 pm

This case is fucked up.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Kate » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:06 am

Every now and then I get linked to LifeSiteNews on facebook, and this time it's because one of the groups I follow reposted from the girl's lawyer. I figured maybe people wouldn't want to give LifeSiteNews the clicks, because well. I don't really need to explain why even I don't want to give them clicks. But I found it on USA Today, apparently the order was reversed. The judge claims that he wasn't aware of the rape, even though the woman in question was 12 when she got pregnant. Her lawyer claims that this is also the judge that handled the rapist's arraignment. Both times.

The assistant prosecutor in the case has been fired. It seems like he got the hot potato in a whole mess of people dropping the ball. How's that for a mixed metaphor?

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:27 am

I'm glad to hear this nonsense was straightened out, but I still want to see this judge step down. Didn't he all but just admit that he signed an order without bothering to read a single word about either of the parties? Like I said before, this is either some creepy malevolence or pants-on-head incompetence. Either way, he doesn't need to be making any more rulings. Let him teach pre-law at some shitty community college or something.

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep