Some Poems or Something

A place to hang your fingerpaints, blue ribbons and the things you've created.

Some Poems or Something

Postby IamNotCreepy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:27 am

So I've never been one to create art as a means of self-expression, but certain things have happened, and I ended up writing some stupid poems.

It seems really angsty for me to write these, but they seemed to flow from me fairly naturally, so I figured I'd share them and the inspiration for those particular moments.

haiku #1
Warm rain on my face
Like easy tears for a soul
Too tired of crying

---

I was feeling down today, after several days of breaking down and crying. It wears you down after a while. Like, you want to cry but just don't have the energy to do it, physically or emotionally.

I walked out of work, and it was raining. It felt refreshing, like a release. Psychologically it felt like crying, but I didn't have to put in any of the effort. And I didn't feel like I needed to hide my face from anyone.

haiku #2
Warm sweet memories
Not yet to be born are shattered
By cold bitter truths

---

I love my daughter, but she is a rambunctious toddler. I used to love when she was just a baby cuddling with her and letting her fall asleep on my chest. I was really looking forward to doing this with the next baby, and I had these vivid pictures in my mind of it, almost like memories that hadn't happened yet.

Those illusions were shattered, and I know now I won't get to do that. Worse, I was looking into the procedure that could occur to remove the baby, and now those sweet images have been replaced by disturbing mental images.

I will probably add some more here as I start to process everything going on.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Re: Some Poems or Something

Postby IamNotCreepy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:57 pm

So I wanted to explain my reasoning for writing haiku. They wouldn't normally be my first choice, but when I was standing out in the rain a brief, poetic sentence entered my mind. I realized that it translated very easily into the haiku format.

It does make sense to work within a confined format, because it forces me to be careful with my words. I like the shortness and being able convey complex feelings with just a few words.

That being said, I wrote another one.

haiku #3
Rest easy, sweet girl
Our brief time spent together
Wrapped in mother's love

---

This one was inspired by something my wife had said. She was trying to find meaning in everything going on, and she was comforted by the fact that even if the baby does not survive until birth, she will at least have spent her time on earth in a place of love. The baby should be able to hear and recognize her voice, and that is comforting to her.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind