[Pendragon RP] 486 Adventure - "Water and Blood"

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

[Pendragon RP] 486 Adventure - "Water and Blood"

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:32 am

The Cast of Player-Characters, ranked in order of Glory at the end of the previous adventure phase.

Sir Arcadia of Winterstream - Glory 1,560.
APP 8, SIZ 14. Female, Pagan. Age: 25.
Has short red hair and an otherwise beautiful face marred by an old burn scar on half of it.
Famous trait: Vengeful.
Wife of Sir Amig, Lord of Ebble.

Sir Bleddyn of Barleyfield - Glory 1,552.
APP 16, SIZ 11. Male, British Christian. Age: 22
He has a scar across his nose and suffers from a mild stammer.
Famous Trait: Suspicious

Sir Eliver of Woodford - Glory 1,519
APP 10, SIZ 10. Male, Roman Christian. Age: 23
He has expressive green eyes, and favors his left hand whenever possible.
Famous Trait: Energetic.

Sir Persidius of Wayford, more properly Caius Persidius Pacilus - Glory 1,487
APP 14, SIZ 15. Male, Roman Christian. Age 22
Scarik never supplied any features, but I would assume he has Olive skin and an Aquiline nose.
Famous Trait: Forgiving

Sir Terwynn of Larksnest - Glory 1,463
APP 15, SIZ 12. Female, Pagan. Age 22
She is thin, blonde, and has nice smile.
Famous Trait: Worldly
Wife of Sir Jaradan the Champion

Sir Yvana of Iderstown - Glory 1,165
APP 7, SIZ 15. Female, Pagan. Age 21.
She has long raven hair and a scar over her left eye.

Sir Miles of Wylye - Glory 1,165
APP 9, SIZ 17. Male, Pagan. Age 21.
He is considerably tall and very muscular.
Famous trait: Merciful.

--

Year 486

The Spring Equinox has come, the spring air and the new year with it. Rain and fog take the place of snow and ice, the countryside fades from white, to grey, to green.

---

Far abroad, the wicked Clovis, King of the Franks, has conquered Soissons and with it the entirety of northern Gaul, the very last outpost of roman authority in the west. The fled magister militum, called Sygarius, has come to the court of Uther for aid, and promises half the Frankish treasury if he helps him to reclaim Paris. The King is understandably hesitant to launch an amphibian invasion when there are troubles enough on his own doorstep and one third of his dukes are in passive revolt.

---

Meanwhile, Sir Madoc offers an alternative use of the royal army, one which Uther finds much most sensible. Revenge.

In the intervening months after the defeat of Caercolun, the Angles have boldly brought over their families and households from the continent and their allies have done likewise from nearby Kent, no doubt intending to press west in the summer and carve yet more land into Saxon homesteads.

The Prince means to raise a large and highly mobile force of knights as early in the season as possible, with which to visit Murder, Pillage, and Sundry Evils upon the Saxon foe, while filling the coffers of the Cymric gentry with Anglish silver.

Earl Roderick is volunteering his own sword and those of his knights, including Lord Amig and Sir Jaradan.

The seven of you report to Sarum in late March to receive your orders, and in the pinnacle of anti-climax, each and every one of you has been slotted for Garrison duty, to remain behind while the army is away. In response to any understandable frustration, Sir Elad maintains that garrison duty has been assigned by pulling names from a cauldron since the days of his grandfather, and he isn't about to start making exceptions now.

---

Riding patrol is a relatively routine affair. You spend a few days resting, supplying, and standing watch in a given Castle, namely Du Plain this year, and venture forth for a week, screening the borders, making sweeps of roads and country paths, passing through villages to ensure a lack of eminent civil unrest, and give aid to commoners in distress when called on.

Knights on patrol typically camp under the stars, either out in the wilderness or in a fallow field by the road. Sat around a campfire tended by their squires under one particular clear and starry night not far from Camelot Wood, the group of friends no doubt have ample opportunity to catch up on their particular goings-on and become acquainted with the newcomers to the knightly order, Sir Yvana and Sir Miles.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Re: [Pendragon RP] 486 Adventure - "Water and Blood"

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:33 pm

Bleddyn stares at the two new folk.

He stared some more. He begin to wonder if one of them were actually a changeling and should he brew eggshells to find out? No, they're too old. Probably. Our that's what they wanted him to think.

Miles lives between him and El. Bleddyn scrunches up his face, he hasn't heard of any fae troubles in his neck of the woods. Well beyond the occasional unwed peasant maid becoming with child and claiming it was a fae suitor. Bleddyn was fairly certain that those cases were the result of one of his male cousins, but he had no proof.

Bleddyn stares at the fire, distracted by his thoughts and suspicions.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Ladki96 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:01 pm

Terrwyn stretches her legs out on the ground and enjoys the relief. She advises the knights to "sit close to the fire. It's still kind of cold today." She looks at her old friends. "So how have you been doing guys?" =) She nudges a preoccupied Bleddyn in the side and grins at him, asking "how's that courtship coming along?" In response to any questions about her own life, Terrwyn simply says "all has been well. I can't be happier! Been very busy" :D Satisfied with her normal-looking interaction, Terrwyn then employs herself in seeing how those yummy bunnies are coming along ^^

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:19 pm

"W-well, T-terwyn, I-I'm g-glad y-you a-asked. I-it's g-going w-well. I-I p-plan t-to a-ask f-for h-her h-hand t-this W-winter. Wh-which b-brings m-me t-to, w-well s-since y-you're m-married a-and a-all. U-uh. H-how d-does th-that w-work. U-uh, m-married n-nights. I-I a-asked m-my f-father o-once a-and h-he a-asked w-why I-I d-didn't j-just g-go to a wh-whore h-house l-like a n-normal s-son. I-I m-mean, I-I've s-seen th-the u-upper h-half of a l-lady th-thank t-to Ner-er-no o-one a-any o-f u-us kn-know. I-I a-asked m-my c-cousin R-Rhys a-and h-he t-told m-me t-to w-watch t-the h-horses s-since a-a m-mare w-was i-in s-season. B-but i-it w-was d-dark s-so I j-just w-watched th-the s-stables a-and a-all I s-saw w-was F-father d-doing a-an o-odd w-workout w-with th-the s-stable h-hand," Bleddyn stops as he hears an odd sputtering and coughing sound. Someone must have taken a sip of water wrong. He hates when that happens to him.

He realizes that he's managed to get almost everyone's attention while he was talking. They've heard everything.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:33 pm

Miles looks around at the small group. They seem an odd bunch.

Unsure of what to say, he decides to tell a joke.

"My hound has no nose!" He announces.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Eliver sits beside Sir Miles, his compact frame rather dwarfed by the big man. He notices Bleddyn staring silently at the two younger knights as though expecting them to leap up and attack him, until Terrwyn distracts him. Poor chap: away from his Llewella he seems quite back to his old self, but hopefully he'll get used to the newcomers eventually.

"My hound has no nose!" Miles exclaims suddenly.

El grins. This chap is cheerful company, at least. "Then how does it smell?" he answers.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Kivutar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:49 pm

"Dreadful!" Miles chortles, and thumps the smaller man on the back before helping himself to another rabbit.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Eliver laughs. He gives Miles what seems to be a rather odd look, but maybe it's just a trick of the firelight.

"Yeah, well, my dog has four legs and one arm."

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:37 pm

"What manner of dog is that?" rumbles Miles, with his mouth full.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Arcadia fidgets and grimaces, partly from the terrible jokes, partly from her itch to cleave men and beasts apart again going unsatisfied. It is great just to be around Eliver, Bleddyn, and -- she represses the old twinge in her heart -- Terrwyn again, and the newcomers seem pleasant enough. She'd just hoped that after being immersed in her surprisingly tolerable marriage for so long and spending so much time training for the next engagement, the dramatic call to action would have provided... action.

Rolling her eyes at the dreadful punchlines, she bites into a rabbit and watches the fire, faint nostalgia tingling in her scar. Not in much of an outgoing mood at the moment, she waits for someone to speak to her.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby Ladki96 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:11 pm

Terrwyn stares at Bleddyn. She is not sure she is the only one who does. "Uh, well. Uh um." Terrwyn turns red and furiously tries to push away certain memories. "Well first you ask her if she is okay with it" she mutters under her breath, and coughs and smiles at Bleddyn. "Ah, that's easy. You just take the small thing you use to pee with and jam it repeatedly into a smaller hole between her legs *points at hers* until you feel some kind of relief, and then she can go to sleep." ^.^ "And you too, obviously!" she quickly adds. Annoyed with herself, Terrwyn turns away before he can ask further questions, and comes face to face with Arcadia. Frustrated now, Terrwyn stamps away, claiming first watch for the night.

Last edited by Ladki96 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:21 pm

"O-oh. Th-that's i-it? Gr-gross. I-I m-mean. Th-thank y-you," he says to a thoroughly flustered Terrwyn.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Miles looks around, bewildered but not displeased with the sudden turn the conversation has taken.

"And if anyone needs a practical lesson in that, I am happy to oblige as soon as we find a town with a decent whorehouse!"

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:46 pm

"Oh-oh g-god. N-no th-thanks. Th-that s-sounds....sq-sq-sq-feck it-fl-fleshy. A-appreciate th-the o-offer. I-I th-think. Y-you d-do g-go and h-have f-fun. Be-besides, I-I w-want t-to r-remain ch-chaste f-for Llewella," Bleddyn says.

He's waited outside whorehouses for his various cousins before, while they were inspecting the premises they said. The place had mice, they said. They always smelt funny and were very noisy.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:50 pm

"It's the guard dog," El says, straight-faced. "We're looking for a one-armed thief!" He bursts into fresh laughter.

Meanwhile, Terrwyn and Bleddyn's conversation has reached unprecedented heights of embarrassment, only for Miles to burst in with a ribald remark. Eliver forces a smile and looks away.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Next