Drug Users Are Being Slaughtered Right Now (& No One Cares)

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Drug Users Are Being Slaughtered Right Now (& No One Cares)

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:23 pm

http://www.cracked.com/blog/genocide-coming-to-philippines-and-no-one-cares/
Between Duterte, Trump, and Brexit, I have to ask; people DO know that voting is a serious thing, right?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Re: Drug Users Are Being Slaughtered Right Now (& No One Car

Postby cmsellers » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:28 pm

Ericthebearjew wrote:http://www.cracked.com/blog/genocide-coming-to-philippines-and-no-one-cares/
Between Duterte, Trump, and Brexit, I have to ask; people DO know that voting is a serious thing, right?

I know, but the Republicans in Texas suppressed my vote in the primary by requiring my original social security card to get a Texas driver's license. And you might say "well, you need to prove you're a citizen," except that I have a fucking United States passport. The only people with US passports who aren't US citizens are American Samoans, and their passports say that very clearly.

I come from a family of people who always vote, and I need a driver's license anyway (which means I have to get a replacement social security card). But if I came from a family that didn't value voting and was too poor to have a car, it's likely I would never cast a vote so long as I lived in Texas.

And that's the point.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Windy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:03 pm

See, now this is how you wage a REAL war on drugs.

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:10 am

How else do you expect us to start our campaign of population control? Soylent Green only gets you so far, ya know.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:43 pm

So he doesn't want his country to become New Mexico and he's allowing murders to occur as part of the quest.

I'd prefer a little due process. Like maybe administer a test beyond "fucker looks meth'd out" or "I can use this as justification for killing this fucker I hate" to make sure the person you're executing actually uses the drug. But also dealers and users are only 2/3 of the equation. Suppliers will find new dealers, dealers will find users. And its going to be a little difficult to find someone to sing the praises of meth users and champion their civil rights.
Spoiler: show

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby DashaBlade » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:03 am

iMURDAu wrote:So he doesn't want his country to become New Mexico and he's allowing murders to occur as part of the quest.

I'd prefer a little due process. Like maybe administer a test beyond "fucker looks meth'd out" or "I can use this as justification for killing this fucker I hate" to make sure the person you're executing actually uses the drug. But also dealers and users are only 2/3 of the equation. Suppliers will find new dealers, dealers will find users. And its going to be a little difficult to find someone to sing the praises of meth users and champion their civil rights.

To paraphrase George Carlin, we should go after the bankers who launder drug money. If we started arresting bankers, the drug problem would dry up pretty quick. I mean, suppliers and dealers come and go, but financiers who are willing to go to prison? Or in this case, die? I don't see that happening.

DashaBlade
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Jack Road » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:44 am

Ericthebearjew wrote:Between Duterte, Trump, and Brexit, I have to ask; people DO know that voting is a serious thing, right?

Voting seems meaningless to me.

"An election for President of the United States occurs every four years on Election Day, held the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November. The 2016 Presidential election will be held on November 8, 2016.

The election process begins with the primary elections and caucuses and moves to nominating conventions, during which political parties each select a nominee to unite behind. The nominee also announces a Vice Presidential running mate at this time. The candidates then campaign across the country to explain their views and plans to voters and participate in debates with candidates from other parties.

In November of a presidential election year, each state holds an election for president in which all eligible citizens may vote. Citizens vote for a "ticket" of candidates that includes a candidate for president and a candidate for vice president.

The outcome of the vote in each state determines a slate of electors who then, in turn, make the actual choice of president and vice president. Each state has as many electors as it has senators and members of the House of Representatives, for a total of 538. (The District of Columbia gets three electors even though it has no representation in Congress.)

In December, the electors meet in their respective state capitols to cast their ballots for president and vice president. States may or may not require their electors to vote with the popular majority, and they may or may not give all of their electors to the winner of the statewide popular vote.

These ballots are opened, counted, and certified by a joint session of Congress in January.

If no candidate wins a majority of the electoral votes or if the top two candidates are tied, the House of Representatives selects a president from among the five candidates with the most votes. Each state's delegation has a single vote. The Senate selects a vice president by the same process. (This hasn't happened since 1876, but it almost happened in 2000.)"

So to me that means that of the innumerable amount of people that could meet the qualifications to be president, only two will be chosen to be president, and then it is up to a group of people that aren't you and state legislation to decide who is president.

So yeah, IS voting a serious thing? I have no idea. I've never voted and have no intention of voting. Seems not very serious to me.

Hell, the current consensus on Brexit is that they are just going to ignore it forever, regardless of what the people actually wanted.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Marcuse » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:40 am

Hell, the current consensus on Brexit is that they are just going to ignore it forever, regardless of what the people actually wanted.

That isn't, as far as I'm aware, remotely true. You don't create a Department of Exiting the EU because you want to forget about it, and you don't install it into number 9 Downing Street.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep