Miniatures

A place to hang your fingerpaints, blue ribbons and the things you've created.

Re: Miniatures

Postby Andropov4 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:21 am

I want to get back into Warhammer at some point. I have a ton of miniatures from most of the different armies, but I don't lay much anymore, especially since I moved. I don't really have a gaming group these days.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Postby pikajew » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:34 am

The Games Workshop here in Vegas has only been here like 2 years. It took me a while to get into it, but J has been playing since he was tall enough to see onto the table. Between us, we have almost all the fantasy armies and he has Grey Knights and Daemons for 40k. (I've played 40k exactly 3 times because someone wanted to play and didn't have anyone to play with them. Since I had a limited amount of models, I take ALL of the gifts, buff my Great Unclean One, and basically play "yay, smash!" But it's entirely on accident.)

I'm much more interested in the painting side. When I find my griffon, I'll post it. I did a silver to pink gradient on the wings that took way longer than I'll admit. I've really developed a love for the technical paints.

pikajew
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Darth

Postby Andropov4 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:16 am

I prefer playing to painting (which is why half my collection was pained by people who aren't me). And I don't play 40K. If I wanted to do the space marine thing, there are a lot of cheaper systems that are well-regarded. The same isn't really true of the fantasy stuff (though the new Age of Sigmar stuff seems to be doing its best to change that).

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Postby pikajew » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:34 am

I don't know how I feel about that yet. I haven't read the 5 pages of rules and I probably won't until life settles down after our move. Maybe we'll get into it? I really don't know how I feel about it, but I'm glad regular fantasy is still an option. It feels like End Times was only around for a few months, but I'm probably being dramatic. I'd like to reach a point where everything is painted, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon (I'm a perfectionist).

pikajew
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Darth

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:58 am

Yay, someone other than me posted something here.

That looks amazing.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Tesseracts » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:00 pm

I bought an Audrey Junior pen holder. It's from a 3D printer. I bought it in red because I figured the inside of the mouth will be hard to paint.

I'm planning to use acrylics and oils to paint the outside green. I'm going to put gold and silver leaf on the leaves because I want to try gilding a 3D surface. I'll spray the whole thing with shellac. I don't normally do 3D stuff so if anyone has suggestions tell me.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (630.67 KiB) Viewed 6018 times

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Tesseracts » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:01 pm

I forgot to mention, there's a tiny crack. I figure some glue should fix it.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (140.64 KiB) Viewed 6010 times

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:56 am

I has a Leman Russ, I'd post a picture, but the file is too big :(

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Field Marshal of TCS

Postby Grimstone » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:00 am

FieldMarshalFry wrote:I has a Leman Russ, I'd post a picture, but the file is too big :(

I recommend using Imgur(you don't even need an account).

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Not lizards this time! This is a tiefling warlock I'm going to be playing in a D&D game that starts in a couple of weeks. I don't know if the DM has any tiefling figures at all, let alone one who looks like my character, so I found a model and customised/painted him:

Kamaris_360.jpg
Kamaris_360.jpg (188.35 KiB) Viewed 4452 times

The figure was 3D printed for me by a friend from a design I downloaded, and the staff didn't come out in the print, so I replaced it with a needle, since he's supposed to have a metal staff anyway. A warlock didn't really ought to have a spellbook (the figure's designed as a wizard) but I'm going to take the "Pact of the Tome" feature at 3rd level so it's his Book of Shadows.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Previous