5 Things I Learned As a Child Star of the Worst Movie Ever

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

5 Things I Learned As a Child Star of the Worst Movie Ever

Postby Matthew Notch » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:44 am

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... -ever.html

This is a super sweet article. You have to feel badly for someone who had her life changed for the worse by failed hopes and dashed dreams, but turns out she came out of it with a pretty good head on her shoulders. Honestly I don't think I've ever even been able to finish the MST3K version of Manos... it's just THAT bad. And at first I thought that maybe the article was being a little harsh on the visionary director of the thing, making him out to be not just a bad filmmaker but sort of a bad person. But it turns out he was sort of a tool anyway. At least the story had a happy ending!

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Re: 5 Things I Learned As a Child Star of the Worst Movie Ev

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:14 am

Ha! Try being the child tomato in Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:51 am

Matthew Notch wrote:Honestly I don't think I've ever even been able to finish the MST3K version of Manos... it's just THAT bad.

Personally, I think Manos has a kind of weird charm to it. It's so far from what a movie normally is that it's amusing and occasionally fascinating to try to guess just what the hell the director was thinking. And as MST3K movies go, it has decent pacing and only drags in a couple of spots. IMO the most unwatchable movies they did were the super-slow, super-bland ones.

Also it makes me bizarrely happy to see The Master is still alive and well and embracing the belated popularity.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby reallifegirl » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:16 pm

Aww, I really like it when people who get famous for something terrible really embrace their odd fame, like Tommy Wiseau or Greg Sestero for The Room, or Michael Stephenson for Troll 2. It probably could be really easy to go Uwe Boll on that shit and get pissed whenever anybody tries to make fun of it or talk badly, but happily embracing the odd fame you've gotten is kind of nice and probably the healthier route.

(Personal side-tangent: a friend of mine got me and her other friends hooked on the bad movie The Apple and once met one of the actors while dressed up in cosplay as her character. Apparently, the actress thought it was awesome and hilarious and shared photos of my friend all over her Facebook page.)

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby sunglasses » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:36 pm

I also thought this was cute. And I love the bit, "Are you Debbie?"

More proof MST3K is beyond awesome.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.