4 movie heroes who would be villains today

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

4 movie heroes who would be villains today

Postby Rageaholic432 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF57sxVT6gA

(cause I still haven't figured out links)

The movies he chooses are

-Hoosiers
-American Pie
-Superbad
-Dirty Harry

While I think the Dirty Harry one has some merit (with all the stories of police abusing their power), the reasons used are laughable. He was too busy chasing a psycho to check to see if the kids are okay never mind that said psycho has one of the kids as a hostage. Shooting him was also considered careless even though that was what stopped this child murdering psycho from endangering more children. Some times taking taking the shot is the best course of action, as seen here.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... -released/

It looks like they were going out of their way to make Clint Eastwood the bad guy, even when he was the one saving the day

Rageaholic432
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Re: 4 movie heroes who would be villains today

Postby Taluun » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:47 am

Yeah that was painful to watch. I don't exactly know what his argument for Hoosiers was. I never saw the movie so maybe the context is missing but it seemed like he was saying that the "good" team was bad because a team they competed against had Black guys in it? How does that make the "good" team bad?

Who thought what the main characters in American Pie did was right?

Same question for Superbad.

Taluun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:35 pm

This was another "*sigh* moving on" one for me. I actually forgot I watched that until you brought it up. It is fun to think about things in different ways but not like this. 3/4 of those were the point of the movie. The Hoosiers point was something along the lines of "since in real life there were racists and this is sorta based on that it's also racist" or something I'm going off memory here. Here.. off the top of my head are 4 more movie heroes who should be villains today.
-scott pilgrim
-500 days of summer(pick any character)
-princess bride pirate
-Patton

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby D-LOGAN » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:54 pm

Interestingly enough, The Amazing Atheist made a response video to it-

Unrelated topic: Is his beard blonde? I didn't know we could grow them that way. I was always under the impression it was red, grey or ginger?

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby SandTea » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:10 am

D-LOGAN wrote: it was red, grey or ginger?

Whats the difference between ginger and red? Was black left out because it'd be too funny to call a beard brunette? But yeah, blonde can happen.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby 52xMax » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:12 am

Oh how things have changed. A couple years ago I would've never imagined that I would be siding with fucking TJ over Cracked, and yet all of the points he makes are way more reasonable than any of the stupid excuses for arguments that they use in that cringe-worthy video.

Incidentally, I stopped listening to the Cracked podcast precisely because Jack O'Brien has drank the kool-aid and gone full SJW. He no longer needs to have Wong or Sargent as co-hosts to push the agenda of "progressiveness" and insert it into literally any topic even when it has nothing at all to do with it. It's all about "privilege" and "intersectionality", to the point that I can't even hate listen to it anymore, I just can't stomach all that white male guilt, or his terrible taste in hip-hop music.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby D-LOGAN » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:05 pm

SandTea wrote:
D-LOGAN wrote: it was red, grey or ginger?

Whats the difference between ginger and red? Was black left out because it'd be too funny to call a beard brunette? But yeah, blonde can happen.

Damnit, you're right. I meant to say Black! Ugh, it's times like this I wish I wasn't so lazy I can't be bothered to go back up there and edit it to be correct, but ... meh.

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!